Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,301 to 9,320 of 10,100

Gremio108

So I was sitting there eating a bowl of cereal yesterday morning before I went to work, staring into space, when I noticed my cat rubbing his neck and upper body against the top corner of the PS5. It occurred to me that I was going to have to open the console up again and take another look, except this time not for dust.

@HallowMoonshadow if you think taking the covers off is tense, try taking out the fan. Once I'd got myself the right screwdriver I had a proper look inside and pulled out a load of cat hair which had stuck itself to the actual fan. I hadn't noticed it last time because you have to peer through the grill and his fur is a very light ginger colour, but there was a fair bit of it. Put everything back together and I've not had a single crash since.

I guess Jensen (for that is the culprit's name) must like how the corner of the covers feel when he rubs up against them. I had been wondering why I hadn't experienced this issue with any other console. The PS5 will be lying on its side from now on, although I imagine he'll still find a way to itch himself with it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@kyleforrester87 You're damn right. Thinks he's a dog that one, when he was a kitten he lived in a pretty turbulent house in Blackburn where a border collie took him under its wing after his mother was taken away. Now he does dog stuff all the time, like chasing his tail and howling. Have.you ever heard a cat howl? It's bloody weird

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I'm surprised you have not found him sleeping on top of it.

My parents cats are obsessed with my dad's PS4 for some reason. Luckily it is behind glass doors, so they can't get to it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

From the same channel that did the Mass Effect/The Office.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

kyleforrester87

Nice

“How would you like me to make your life a living hell?”

“Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking.”

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder That's my worry if I put it on its side. Might have to invest in some glass doors myself. Or some cucumbers. There are countless videos on youtube of cats being scared of cucumbers, maybe I'll just cover my PS5 in a pile of them.

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 I've heard from all the old wives I know that orange peel is good for keeping cats away. Or is that for spiders? That could be conkers though. Just have a shrine of cucumbers, orange peel and conkers by your PS5 and that should cover all bases. I'm sure the other half won't mind.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 The bigger issue is how to actually get to the PS5 with all the cucumbers, orange peel and conkers around it. But at least it solves the cat hair problem.

Then dog hair will get in the PS5, and we are back to square one.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Of course, how did I not think of that?!

I hope no one from the RSPCA is reading this.

Bundersvessel

Hello All! What's new?

Been away at the Black Lodge, but feeling refreshed.

I've been playing Zombie Army 4 with @colonelkilgore and @render and it made me realise how much I miss this wonderful community, it's the last corner of decency on the internet, so here I am crawling back full of apologies for my unceremonious departure last year.

Did I mention I missed you all? 👍

sorteddan

@AgentCooper
Welcome back!
Was a bit concerned when a few dropped off some time ago. Good to see some returning. I agree with you about this being one of the few corners of decency on t'net. As for me, been mostly backlog busting this year. Continually fighting the urge to buy all the new (and old) bargain games , think I've completed maybe 10-15 since the start of the year so the log is definitely shrinking. Currently playing Deaths Door and trying not to bore everyone with my overblown praise and love for it. How about you?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper Welcome back dude, I did make mention of you in the Trophy thread the other day, thanking you for your help on the Zombie Army 4 plat… referred to you as @KeithZissou though (I’m old school 😉).

**** DLC!

render

@AgentCooper Hey man, great to see you back. Was great to catch up with you and @colonelkilgore over some ZA4, and to see my accuracy put in its place 😅. Looking forward to hooking up for something else in the near future.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic