Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,781 to 8,800 of 10,090

Thrillho

Turkey is rubbish anyway.

Lamb for us this year!

Thrillho

EliteSlayer

@Thrillho I always try to persuade my family to have any other meat for xmas. I would rather get a chicken as its cheaper and actually tastes nice compared to Turkey.

EliteSlayer

JohnnyShoulder

Well that is Kanye West gone totally off planet. Not sure what to say really, apart from I find the whole thing utterly bizarre!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder what's he done now?

I'm just enjoying watching Johnny Marr on the BBC with a cobra after picking the Mrs up from her Xmas work for!

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s been somewhat gratifying seeing the ‘free speech fundamentalist’ lot back-pedalling to justify deplatforming him but otherwise it’s a reminder that ignorance begets bigotry. I’m not sure what it’s like in the States but we very much get taught exactly what the Holocaust was like in school, I can’t even begin to imagine denial, downplay or just a basic lack of empathy. Think we’re all shown that photo of all the shoes in high school history at some point.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Each State operates independently with regards to its public education and the associated curriculum, but I can’t fathom that any public school system wouldn’t teach factually what occurred in the Holocaust. Visiting the Holocaust museum in Washington DC was one of my very most vivid and harrowing educational experiences as a young person. I remember that The Diary of Anne Frank was required reading when I was in 7th or 8th grade.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Today is Walt Disney 121st birthday anniversary. 😀 (He was born on 5 December 1901)
What is your favorite Disney franchise ?

Anti-Matter

Thrillho

@Anti-Matter Single film probably Lion King but that's as much being the right age when it first came out. Toy Story has to be the best franchise though (if we're including Pixar).

Moana my favourite of the newer films.

How about you? A bigger fan of the classics?

Thrillho

Anti-Matter

@Thrillho
My personal favorites from Disney:
1. Aladdin live action movie 2019
2. Beauty & the Beast live action movie 2017
3. Cinderella live action movie 2015
4. Inside Out by Disney Pixar
5. The Princess & the Frog 2009
6. Ratatouille 2008

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Okay, here is my game purchase recap during year 2022.

Nintendo
Switch = 11
NDS = 7
3DS = 4
Gamecube = 3
Wii = 3
Wii U = 1
GBA = 0

Total = 29 games

PlayStation
PS4 = 23
PS3 = 10
PS5 = 6
PSP = 2
PS1 = 1
PS2 = 1

Total = 43 games

Grand Total = 29 + 43 = 72 games in one year.

Average = 6 games purchased for each month

Man...
This year my hype with PS4 is the highest.

Anti-Matter

nomither6

y’all haven’t seen what kanye’s seen , it’s always easy to write somebody off as crazy just because you don’t understand them

nomither6

nessisonett

@nomither6 The man praised Hitler. Come on.

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter It's not really a "franchise" but I really enjoyed The Good Dinosaur and, from what I gathered, I'm pretty much the only person who did. Otherwise yeah, Toy Story is brilliant (still need to watch the fourth one; might be perfect for the holidays) and the original Aladdin is a classic (again, haven't seen the live-action one yet, and am impressed to see it top your rankings).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@nomither6 What is there to misunderstand about a guy who not only praises Fascists but who has hired one (Nick Fuentes is a scumlord) to run his political campaign?

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Plus Milo Yiannopoulos has only just stepped back from his campaign. Another fascist.

LN78

@nessisonett Milo is another outstanding human being. If memory serves he got fired from Breitbart (or some other far right outlet) for condoning the legalisation of paedophilia. Kanye sure knows how to pick 'em. If you haven't already check out the Louis Theroux doc about Fuentes - the guy really is the bottom of the barrel.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LN78

@KAIRU "Interesting" is certainly the polite way of putting it, mate.

LN78

LN78

@KAIRU I genuinely wish that both of them would just go away. Together, perhaps.

LN78

Anti-Matter

@RogerRoger
I watched Aladdin live action movie 2019 four time in total from my local cinema back during before pandemic and four time watching = four times I cried to see when Aladdin set the Genie free and the Genie became a human.
The Prince Ali extravagant performance was superb, really impressed me and the awkward meeting between Aladdin, Sultan and Jasmine in the palace was really hilarious. 🤣
It was way much better than the cartoon version.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic