Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 8,801 to 8,820 of 10,089

Thrillho

@Anti-Matter I went to see the Aladdin musical in London with my wife and a load of her friends pre-pandemic. It was pretty awful

You Ain’t Never Had a Friend Like Me was amazing though!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@JudgeDredd Winnie the Pooh is way underrated, and I don’t understand why. I could easily watch those movies over and over, at any age, and would still love them. Definitely benefits from having strong source material.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Wow, that's quite the endorsement! I'll have to get around to it soon!

@Thrillho I've seen that musical, too. I think we must've gotten "understudy night" for Aladdin and Jasmine, but the Genie was great and you're right, that song is definitely the highlight of the show. They used a bit of it for the greatest-hits-esque Mickey and the Magician live show at Disneyland where, again, it was the best part by a country mile. When they get it right, they get it right.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Ranking the Disney and Pixar movies is tough indeed. My favorite has always been Beauty and the Beast (the animated one, not the live-action. Although I think the live-action one isn’t as bad as it’s reputation). Closely followed by The Little Mermaid. I personally find the Toy Story franchise a smidge overrated.

Most underrated has to be The Sword in the Stone. A forgotten classic. Also The Emperor’s New Groove.

And, at risk of having my ‘man card’ revoked, I really like both Frozen movies. As a series of more than one movie, it’s my favorite. Most other Disney sequels are garbage.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KAIRU Yeah, I need to rewatch the Kronk sequel. I watched it once and liked it but I’m not sure if I was in the optimal mood at the time to get the full effect of all the humor.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KAIRU The beauty of Disney+, my friend. 😄 Does the PS5 play DVD’s? Otherwise I’m not sure I could even use my old DVDs.

Edited on by Th3solution

Th3solution

@KAIRU It also has a TV series called The Emperor’s New School which I’ve never seen. Curious about that too.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution No shame in liking Frozen, bro. It wouldn't be the first thing I'd reach for, but it was a very solid movie. I've yet to watch the sequel, but I do intend to.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Th3solution I watched that show religiously as a kid. We had an off shoot of the Disney channel called Disney Cinemagic which showed that, the Aladdin and Tarzan shows, the Lilo and Stitch TV show etc alongside movies. Obviously quality varied!

Th3solution

@KAIRU 😂 What did Mrs. Claus say to Santa when she looked up in the sky?
“Looks like rain, dear.”

MightyDemon82

Well it's officially winter here in Aberdeen. I'd much rather be at home gaming than having to go into work but oh well, hopefully it doesn't last long as it's blinking cold out there. already have roads closed everywhere in and outside the city!

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 You get a lot of snow in Scotland?

I managed to talk my bosses into letting me work on some sound design for our devices tomorrow, instead of my regular programming work. This is cool because a) I've never done it before and it's gonna be fun, and b) I intend to stay up late to watch TGA and this means I don't need to go to the office in the morning

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@Voltan it came down hard last night but it's more a case of city folks not knowing how to drive in this type of weather, I'm originally from a small village in the middle of nowhere so used to it. It's certainly not as bad as it used to be, maybe lasts a day or 2. Be worse with Ice tomorrow if the temperature drops tonight.

Your lucky you get that option, I'll watch them tomorrow. I could just get highlights on PS but there is something about the awards that I enjoy watching the event unfold!

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@MightyDemon82 It’s about 0 degrees in Glasgow but thankfully we’ve not been hit with snow yet!

MightyDemon82

@nessisonett I think it's mostly forcast for areas between Aberdeen and Inverness so you should be ok. Might continue into tomorrow here, but hopefully clear up by the weekend.

MightyDemon82

LtSarge

I've worked at my current job now for almost eight months and managed to avoid social anxiety until today. We had a Christmas party at work and it started out great. They divided us into different groups and we worked together to build a gingerbread house as well as solve a quiz.

Then the social anxiety kicked in during dinner. We had to choose a card and sit at the table with the matching card. The table I sat down at had no one I knew. Literally no one. On top of that, they were all women 10-20 years older than me and we had literally nothing in common to talk about. So during an entire hour, I just sat quietly and ate my food. It was so freaking awkward, I just wanted to die. Then we had a music quiz about Christmas songs and I couldn't contribute to it at all. Then it became 7 PM and they still had more activities for us to do. At that point I just couldn't take it anymore, so I left. I had been at the party for almost 5 hours and I think that's more than enough of my time.

But yeah, this has easily been the most awkward I've felt at work during this entire year. I've tried to become better at being social at work and I think I've succeeded overall. But this day completely ruined that streak. I just wish I could've chosen where I wanted to sit during dinner lol. That would've made all the difference in the world.

And the thing is that I don't really consider Christmas parties to be times where you can get to know other colleagues. Most people just want to hang out with people they know, so it's hard for me as a new employee to enjoy myself when they randomly choose groups for you to be in.

But I swear, I never want to switch jobs because I never ever want to feel like a new employee again. I absolutely abhor that feeling.

LtSarge

MatthewJP

@LtSarge I've been in those situations, and unless you are an outgoing extrovert it is awful. I refuse to go to any work or social outings now if they impose 'where you sit'. I've worked hard all year, I want to relax and enjoy an evening with people I know and have things in common with.

PSN: mpquikster

LtSarge

@MatthewJP Exactly! That's how I feel too. Now is not the time to get to know other people, especially when you mix departments and you've only worked with people from your department. It just ruins the evening completely.

And the thing is that we have a Christmas lunch coming up in a couple of weeks. I swear to god, if they don't let me choose where to sit then I'll completely boycott all Christmas activities next year.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@LtSarge I hate it when they have these activities at work events, it makes me feel really uncomfortable being forced to take part in some of the nonsense they have planned, especially at this time of year.

I don't go to the main Christmas parties at work any more, mainly due tothere is always someone that ruins it for everyone by getting way too drunk. One year the police had to be called out because some guy was getting too pushy and could not be calmed down. Sad thing is some people thought that was a good night. 🙄

I try to avoid going out around Christmas time these days, as I find it too busy for my liking. Plus everything seems more expensive and it is always a nightmare trying to get a taxi. Not an enjoyable experience for me and all a bit too stressful.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic