Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,481 to 7,500 of 10,107

Tasuki

@RogerRoger It's going good. Right now we are waiting on the permits so that's in our wonderful governments hands now and more importantly we are waiting on the weather. Projection is for me to be able to move in by October. The construction company said that once they get the permits and the weather is good it shouldn't take too long to build.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Great news! Permits can often be the biggest hurdle, so fingers crossed you get 'em back soon, and that you remain on track for that October date. Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Well, that final test said it all didn't it? Another remarkable batting collapse/performance and Root's captaincy is being questioned by people like Aggers, at least with that draw it's only a 4-0 defeat and not a 5-0 one. We really need to improve our batting or bring in some new players. What were your thoughts?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard…
Good grief, this is madness.
The arms race is probably officially over.

Call of Duty alone is enough to turn the tide.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Yeah. Not good at all. All it really shows is that MS weren’t even competing with Sony at all. This is all to shut out Apple and Epic.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

It is a bit of a surprise, are we thinking there's any chance anti monopoly laws might block this happening, or is it likely a done deal? And if this goes through, I wonder who they will get the giant cheque book our for next.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman Americans love a good monopoly. No real equivalent of the Competition and Markets Authority with any power over there. I doubt there’ll be more than a passing glance.

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Ubisoft, so all the scummy ones can be under one company lol.

Nothing would surprise me with who they buy next.

This approach doesn't sit well with me. It didn't with Zenimax and it doesn't with Activision Blizzard. And I'd be saying the same if it was Sony.

This is not good news.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
Ouch, panic stations for Sony then.

@JohnnyShoulder
Certainly is a worry. Hopefully something good will come out of it and Sony really tries to up their game in some positive way.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman it was a particularly dismal final session as we were actually slight favourites to win when our openers actually managed to make 50 between them. But after that, it seems they were mentally already on the plane home.

Who knows what to do though as this is the same thing that happens every four years. We definitely need to find some younger players to be bedding in and sticking with.

Thrillho

Ralizah

So, uh... anyone know what happened to the movie thread?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Oh wow, the original thread creator perhaps left? I would have guessed Tas given how long ago it was and they were a mod back then but apparently not them. It must be someone that’s been around a while.

Edit: Used Wayback Machine to confirm and yeah it was Tas who made the thread. Since they’ve not been nuked and it’s just the thread, I’m genuinely not sure. The thread is Googleable but just leads to a 404.

Edited on by nessisonett

Ralizah

@nessisonett Weird.

I guess I'm glad it's not another account deletion, but damn, there were a lot of good conversations that happened in that thread.

Oh well. Creating a new one, then.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@antdickens come over here! We've seen quite a few good threads disappear on the forums, be it due to people deleting their account, people deleting the first post and other shenanigans. Can you please remove the ability for everyone other than actual moderators to remove threads.

(I appreciate all the work you do, but I just love summoning you randomly in threads!)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

Kidfried wrote:

(I appreciate all the work you do, but I just love summoning you randomly in threads!)

According to legend, if you stare into a bathroom mirror and say "Sammy" six times, you can summon an immediate feeling of ridiculousness.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Jeeeez, the Rams made it hard for themselves there!

Voltan

Totally random:
My parents sold an apartment they were renting out some time ago. They were clearing out the basement and found a PS3 Slim in a shoebox. No controllers, even cables, just the console. I'm gonna find out it if it's working tonight
I think the DualSense works with PS3?

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic