Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,821 to 6,840 of 10,090

Voltan

@NedStarksGhost Nice. If you want specifics about my involvement: I wrote songs 1 and 6 and also play keys on 2 and 10 and helped arrange vocal harmonies for the bonus track

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan awesome work, man! I enjoyed The Crossroads one quite a bit.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Well done man, remember us when you are rich and famous!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Have you been following the second test against India? I went to the final day today, and while it isn't over yet, it isn't looking great, hopefully we can bat for a draw.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Voltan

JC, it’s monsoon season again… ⛈⛈⛈

Voltan

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I don' think it took long after your post for the latest England batting collapse! Utterly woeful. Root must be absolutely furious!

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Yeah Buttler did well to stay in as long as he did though eh? Made it interesting, now if only he could have stayed in until the end eh? Root said something an interview afterwards like his "tactics didn't pay off" this time or he used the "wrong tactics" or something, what do you think about that?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I didn’t see the match but it sounds bizarre to be bowling all sorts of nonsense to tailenders with a field set up to stop boundaries. Against what should have been rubbish tailenders, it seems obvious to be bowling at the stumps with an aggressive field to get them out.

Root has always been a bit of an average captain but luckily has kept his batting up. I don’t know who else could do it though as there’s not really anyone else who is guaranteed to be in the team!

Maybe we should do like the Aussies did with Warner and have someone like Roy or Morgan open; at least it would be fun to watch rather than Burns and Sibley timidly/tentatively try to get double figures!

Thrillho

NedStarksGhost

@Voltan Had a listen to the album and it's sick. I really enjoyed it and will definitely be listening to it regularly. You guys should be super proud of what you've created, it's amazing.

NedStarksGhost

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Yeah Root is excellent at batting, he got 180 runs in the first innings against India, it's just a shame that he collapsed after 33 in the second innings, that diagram is a great and amusing representation of England's batting, but yeah, I think that people have been saying the current first eleven makes for great visual cricket even if they don't perform to to outstanding standards!

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Also, yes, I completely agree with you, we should have treated them like they were batsmen (the tailenders) to get them out effectively rather than allowing them to get record-setting fifties and whatnot.

nessisonett

@Thrillho Joe Root’s the Odsonne Édouard of cricket 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Voltan Also late, but wanted to also say great job! I’ve got it queued up on Spotify as well, and I’ll give it a listen. Hopefully you get royalties per stream so I’ll try to add a few shekels to your success by listening.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic