Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,841 to 6,860 of 10,056

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I wasn't watching at the time as I'm not the biggest fan of the Hundred, but yeah that's an excellent score and a great moment in the stands

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I still don’t like the format but it great to have some cricket on free to air TV! It just happened to be on when I was doing some ironing and Livingstone wasn’t hanging around

Putting the women’s matches beforehand is a good move to increase exposure to the game too. But I don’t know why they couldn’t have just done it with a T20 format instead.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer That's great about getting back into filmmaking and recording again, but, with 4 kids how on earth do you find the time? Will you post the results of any of your projects online for us all to look at?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman so with life being so busy, a small group of friends and I have pooled together our time and resources to create an ‘arts collective’ of sorts. Without revealing too much, basically a way to get more stuff accomplished on a more satisfying timeline, with a more realistic workload for the various things we have going on in our individual lives. The quality will vary wildly but that’s part of the fun. I don’t handle the promotion end of things as I want nothing to do with it, but I may post some things as they materialize 👍

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer good luck bud, I did film production at uni… so I know how much work goes into even the most amateur of projects. Hope you get the fun and satisfaction that you want from it.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer That sounds excellent, looking forward to seeing something materialize from the 'arts collective' .

MightyDemon82

@Thrillho I played Witcher 3 on PS4 same with GTA V, Skyrim I played on PS3 and never had any problems playing that version.

Out of the 3 games Geralt's adventure was by far my favourite. I always say I'll replay games but I'm more interested In new experiences especially with a backlog and nearing 40 I doubt I'd have the time to replay a 100+ hour game again unless I really really loved it. For those new to these games though I'm all for improved complete versions!

MightyDemon82

nessisonett

@Thrillho And being the sucker I am, I’ll play all three again. And Death Stranding.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jaz007

Anyone else finding the GoT PS5 upgrade to be harder than it needs to be? I don’t know how to get the PS5 version. I pre-ordered the DLC for PS4, and now am downloading a big update to attempt and check for an upgrade option before I can download the real game. It’s horrible. This should be cut and dry easy to see in the store. Not only are they charging extra, they are making it extra confusing and impossible to find.

Jaz007

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you hear about Sibley being dropped in favour of Malan? What do you think about that?

render

@Jaz007 I opened the phone app and had the option to purchase the DC and PS5 upgrade in one package rather than having to go from PS4 -> PS4 DC and then PS4 DC -> PS5 DC. I haven't done it yet but will try and do it that way later.

render

Voltan

@Jaz007 I’m going to try that within an hour but I’ll be upgrading from a PS4 disc and didn’t pre-order anything - so I guess that’s kind of a different thing I’m looking for.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Jaz007 Weirdly, the DLC and upgrade wasn’t available to pre-order but could be bought at release… or something.

@nessisonett Part of me quite wants to replay Skyrim having only played it when it had the huge memory leak issue on PS3 which would bring the game to 10fps or worse at times. I think I booted the game up once since and didn’t even get to the end of the cart ride before giving up.

@TheBrandedSwordsman He’s had a pretty torrid run recently. I didn’t realise it’s been 3 years since Malan was last in the team but he’s been pretty great in ODIs and T20. Could be fun at least!

Thrillho

Voltan

@Jaz007 Ok, so for me it was rather simple. I inserted the disc, it displayed the “copy” button but also a “PS5 upgrade” tile on the right side that led to the store. The store page had 2 buttons - allowing me to upgrade the disc version or buy the full digital version.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I played Skyrim on 360, enjoyed for a good chunk but found I got distracted by too many side quests and couldn't get back into the main story. Think it was too open ended for me.

May try out The Witcher 3 for the next gen update. Still got the dlc to play, but the last time i tired to play it I got destroyed by basic enemies. Apparently there was an update which levelled up all the enemies to the player level, which would explain why.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I reckon TW3 could’ve had aged more badly than Skyrim though. Even back then the combat in Witcher was pretty clunky but the story and characters more than made up for it.

I completed the game before enemy scaling came in but when I went back to play the DLC I kept getting killed by basic wolf enemies as I was so rusty.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I never did have a problem with the combat in The Witcher 3, but I did play it on a higher difficulty level. Also I did play the previous game on 360, and the combat was much improved over that game iirc.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic