Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,401 to 6,420 of 10,090

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman The Polish song didn't qualify for the finals aka got what it deserved 🤣
I'm not watching but I'm familiar with our entry this year and while the song was ok, I guess (kinda generic but I've heard worse), the singer is probably the most bland singer I know of.
I can't say I follow the mainstream music closely but it feels like this guy's entire career is made of appearances on morning TV shows. He was also on The Voice but didn't make it to the finals or anything. There wasn't even a national vote for a song this year, they just announced it's him and that's it. Probably has well connected family or dirt on someone, can't explain it otherwise

I'm not watching btw, lost interest years ago

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I played it last year, honestly I thought it was a great Star Wars product but consider it a fairly mediocre souls-like. Didn’t particularly like the way the character controlled... but as my sig suggests, I enjoyed it and would definitely play a sequel.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman The UK one was pretty dire, like if you bought Rag’n’Bone Man from Aldi. That’s Eurovision though!

@Voltan I watched the semi-finals and yeah, Poland’s guy was... interesting.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

Fun fact, I wrote a song that was submitted to be considered for Eurovision in Finland once (the singer was Finnish). It didn’t go anywhere so we recorded it with my band instead.

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Lol I see, well his appearances on Polish morning tv certainly don't seem to have garnered him any popularity with you. What do you reckon of the Finnish entry though? Thought that would be more up yours and your vocalist and guitarist's street? (although maybe not as it's quite Linkin Park-y) Youtube it or something if you feel like it and aren't already familiar with it - apparently Italy is doing a metal track too?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Finland’s entry was so dated that it was honestly great. Not bad arena-metal in the slightest. Might just be Stockholm syndrome from how prevalent nu-metal was when I was a kid though.

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ll check them out later. I don’t think there have been any actually good rock songs on Eurovision since Lordi (loved that one). I do know of a few that were in national votes but didn’t make it to the contest itself unfortunately.

Here’s one I’m a big fan of

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Yeah I thought Lordi were great, a friend of mine was into them as well, he bought the album. The track wasn't bad but not what I was expecting (Pain Of Salvation)

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman My band opened for Lordi once and I got to meet them out of costume and all. They’re very nice people 😄

Voltan

nessisonett

I cannot believe Flo Rida is actually here. San Marino have my vote.

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman Did you hear about Kentaro Miura, creator of Berserk which in turn was the partial inspiration for elements of Dark Souls and Bloodborne?

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman Were Lithuania the Right Said Fred guys 😂

nessisonett

Oh deary dear. The UK got zero points 😬

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett not that I’ve been watching... but from memory it’s pronounced ‘nil puar’ right 😉

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Neel Pwah, and no that’s not the Dutch entry 😂

nessisonett

Have to say, gutted for San Marino but Italy weren’t too bad. Plus it’s something a little different so glad they won.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic