Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,421 to 6,440 of 10,090

JohnnyShoulder

Hate Eurovison with a passion. Not just how crap it is but the voting is mostly political and not about which countries think is the best song.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@TheBrandedSwordsman
Seems like a good description to me.

@JohnnyShoulder
This year felt different. There were actually a few interesting songs this time round. And people actually voted for them. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The voting really wasn’t political at all this year. Greece and Cyprus giving each other 12 points was about it and neither were close to winning. Every time we thought the votes would go to their neighbour, the countries would give their 12 points to France or Switzerland.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I watched the winning song. Decent guitar work but didn’t care for the singer.
The Finns were kinda cool but the song was 3 minutes long and I felt like it overstayed its welcome after 2 (too many choruses).
Any others I should check out?

Meanwhile, it’s vinyl bath day over here 😄
Untitled

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Voltan Did the Finnish song remind you of Linkin Park as well? They had a DJ, 2 vocalists and everything.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Voltan

@TheBrandedSwordsman A little bit but the chorus was a different style. Something familiar as well but I can’t put my finger on it 😉

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah me too! Hopefully it will come to PS4/5, as I think I has only announced for Switch so far.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TraCuz-

As a musician video game music just hits different and I wanted to share this with you all.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- I thought I'd reply here my friend. I am fine thanks, dunno how sol is doing so we'll have to wait for him to reply to find out. I played a jazz gig last night, well, it was an open mic jam session sort of thing, I played a guitar solo on 'Take the A-Train'' didn't go down too badly so I was pleased with that. How are music and life going for you? Discovered any decent artists lately?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Man that's dope! I love a good solo, feels so empowering. Nothing too exciting happening on the music front but I'm attending a friend's wedding in the coming weeks so it's gonna be nice to be at an event after so much time cooped up in the house. I can't say I've discovered any new artists, still listening to my guy FKJ.

On the topic of music you should check out that video I shared above, you'd definitely appreciate it.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

RogerRoger

@TraCuz- Thanks for sharing that video up there! Solid stuff, and well-presented, too.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@TraCuz- Also hope the wedding goes well, what do you get up to generally when you're not gaming? I'll have to listen to more of FKJ, also, what game(s) are you playing right now?

Voltan

I had the weirdest match in Mortal Kombat last night. I believe I don’t suck at the game but the opponent was clearly much better (and played a character I’m not very familiar with) so they basically destroyed me - but then at the end of game 2 they performed a mercy and then quit, effectively giving me the win. Guess they felt bad for me lol.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic