Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,941 to 5,960 of 10,089

Jimmer-jammer

@JohnnyShoulder that is simultaneously the funniest and most depressing thing Iā€™ve seen today.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder When I saw that logo the first time, I thought it looked like Charlie Chaplin šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
To be fair, does a company changing a logo of its own volition because a few people pointed out it looks a bit dodgy really qualify as cancel culture?
Feels like the term is being so overused, it's starting to lose any meaning.

Sorry, I realise you were probably just joking now I think on it.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula That is why it is so ridiculous, the old design looks nothing like Hitler! One he is not a cardboard box and two he does not have blue hair! šŸ¤£

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Watching the Twenty20 against India on the 12th? See if we can get our revenge? Although I think you said you don't have Sky? In which case I can inform you about the proceedings.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore What game(s) are you playing out of your backlog at the moment then? I am still on Shadow of the Tomb Raider and loving it, making the Uncharted games look like "Dude Raider" indeed. How's work and the missus? And your Iain M. Banks project?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman glad you're enjoying your time with Miss Croft. Still playing AC: Black Flag and Dead Space 3... I was saying the other day though, that after I get these done I'll only be playing one game at a time in future. I'm really looking forward to playing Remnant from the Ashes next month with a good mate of mine... I'm not really a social-gamer but it should be a nice change to playthrough a whole game with someone else (particularly a mate that goes all the way back to my school days).

Works been busy and so has the homelife as we're working hard to comply with all of the solicitors wants and needs on our property sale. I've picked up Consider Phlebas a couple of times last week and once this but had to put it down after a couple of paragraphs sadly.

Sounds like your return to Gaming was the right decision by how much fun you're having on SotTR, what's next for you?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I think next up for me will probably be Control, as I've wanted that for a while, and someone else on here has reported that there aren't any technical issues with their version of the game on PS4, so I think I will go for the Ultimate Edition of that on PS4 next.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy Remnant: From the Ashes and I may give it a go myself if you report that it lives up to other Souls likes, despite the gunplay which I'm wary of.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman well I played Immortal: Unchained a few years back (another souls-like with guns) and while it reviewed horribly, I actually quite enjoyed it... most difficult souls-like I've played mind you... which may have put some reviewers off but it had the balance of running out of items (health and ammo) just as your coming up to your next 'reset' (can't remember the term but this games equivalent of bonfires). Its very rare that I'm all out of estus in Souls, so it was a welcome boost to adrenaline and anxiety. Dont think Remnant is meant to be anywhere near the difficulty of I:U but that's not the real draw anyway I suppose.

Control is awesome, it really was one of the best games I played last year. Dont think there was one thing about it I didn't like... really hope they make a sequel (and an Alan Wake remaster).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution I have been listening to a radio broadcast about 'Competitive Reading'. Some of the philosophy applies to gaming, imo - taking time to plan and creating structure in your life to allow for gaming, competing with yourself by allowing enough time in life for things, i.e gaming, that give you pleasure. Would you say that's something either of you two do?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman No Sky for me and I assume some of the matches will be over before I even wake up (I guess there might be an evening one thatā€™ll work for our time zone). Iā€™ll catch up with match reports and maybe highlights if I can.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Anyone with recent success on their PS5 hunt?

After six hours in the queue for GAME last week, I finally got through to ā€œadd to basketā€ before being told it was sold out. I got one in my basket with John Lewis this morning but then got a sold out message after going all through payment and delivery details.

Sigh.

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

I love my PS5 but havenā€™t used it for a few weeks as Iā€™ve been busy. Was moving it today and thought someone, somewhere is dying for this and itā€™s just being used as an expensive decoration right now.

@Thrillho Iā€™ll think of you when I am sat looking at its standby light tonight šŸ˜‚

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic