Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,961 to 5,980 of 10,056

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman well, although I’ve never heard of the term ‘Competitive Reading’ from your explanation it sounds like I’m the gawd-damned poster child for it (remove child with nearing middle-aged man though 😉).

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@Thrillho I think I nabbed one from John Lewis as the money’s been taken but I haven’t had a confirmation email. Which is extremely worrying. I am not getting my hopes up again for nothing.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

@nessisonett have you tried sending them an email to ask if the order was succesfull?
if the money got accepted surly they would have your order in their sytem.

jdv95

nessisonett

@jdv95 Good idea, to be honest their system was a bit dodgy this morning so it’s not unreasonable to think the email got ‘lost in the post’ so to speak.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Not sure I completely understand how ‘competitive reading’ works, but by the description I think that I do some of that, yes. I’m bad at it, but I do it. I try to push myself to organize and structure my daily tasks so I can optimize some game playing time, but it’s often that I still run out of time. And I’m the kind of person that prefers having a decent chunk of time to devote to a game session or a book reading session, and I’m often left short. So I just mess around and waste the time in the end. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

Me watching GAME process my PS5 order;

Untitled

Thrillho

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman Probably Spider-Man: Miles Morales as I got that in a bundle

Amazingly, that will be the first game I’ve owned on disc since RDR2 which I bought on release (Nov 2018!).

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Oooh exciting times! Just in time for the weekend too. Enjoy!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Thrillho My last disc game is probably RDR2 as well. I don't expect to buy any games physically this gen, though.

Digital has become the way to go for me, as someone who lives in a small apartment.

Congrats on the buy.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Not coming for weekend from GAME! I think it'll come next week and I'm off the week after that

@Jecht_Ultima Royal Mail delivery I think now. I've gone for insured priority delivery!

@Kidfried I've mostly gone digital just because I haven't bought a game at launch since then and they've pretty much all been bought in sales.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@R1spam That’s utterly mad 😂😂

R1spam

@nessisonett perhaps one of my favourite lines ever in print is now " a “Dundee” can be used to refer to one idiot, while ‘Dundee United’ has become the plural, for a collection of idiots." 😂😂 I feel like I'm a reading a curiously Tayside centric copy of the onion...

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Hurrah, congratulations on your shiny new console! Have fun with Miles!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho India are 33-3

in today's India v England Twenty20 cricket.

Looks like are getting our revenge!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore My decision to return to gaming over attempts at professional musicianship has today been cemented by solving a difficult environmental puzzle in SotTR, Sol, it's called the Trial of the Eagle you may remember it, and the feeling of elation I got from solving that puzzle made it clear in my mind that I wanted to be a gamer for the foreseeable future. It's resolved. I'm at peace.

How are your gaming expeditions going guys?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Is that Nathan Drake? Did you play A Thief's End? Also, what did you think of the result of the first Twenty20?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Great to hear! There are some really clever puzzle tombs in SotTR.

And yes, I do recall that one. It’s quite memorable. There are so many good puzzles in that game with just the right difficulty to make it a challenge but not too frustrating.

When it’s all complete I’ll be curious if you rate TR higher than UC

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic