Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,921 to 5,940 of 10,107

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho If only it wasn't for a particular batsman on India's side eh? It was going so well, oh well!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Thrillho You jinxed it šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer - What are your thoughts on this?: I am feeling a disparity between gaming and playing jazz guitar, so I am thinking - focus on the guitar for the next 2 weeks, then play Shadow of the Tomb Raider and exclude the jazz guitar till I am done with the game, then go back to jazz guitar for a while until I discover another game (Most likely Elden Ring or something similar) that I want to devote my time to. Going back and forth on a daily basis feels somewhat jarring, so it should only be an occasional change betweeen the two, very occasional, with an emphasis on jazz guitar, I am thinking a 79% -21% split for the next few years. Hoping to be performing live again post-lockdown as well.

Also, Jimmer, did you view the leaked Elden Ring footage that I posted a link to in the Elden Ring Hype Thread on here. Looks pretty good eh? OOOOOOoooooOOOOOOH!! .

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

Well @Jimmer-jammer and others, I feel like I have found my niche' in jazz music, I will go back to performing music with other jazz musicians post-lockdown and there won't be much time for games, "A man cannot serve two masters". Now that I have found my niche I won't really be focusing on gaming any more. Completing Nathan Drake's final adventure was a fitting end to my gaming journey. However, I won't be disappearing from Push Square, I will continue to post in the Music and Books and Manga/Comic Books threads, Western Animation thread etc. - just in General Discussion really, as I have made some great friends on here and hope to keep in touch with you all, I just don't think I will be contributing much to games-related discussions any more except to comment on games I already beat during my time as a gamer and on games I have watched 'Let's Play's' of etc., so this isn't Goodbye, which is why I'm not posting it in the Goodbye/Vacation thread, it's just that I will be posting in a different capacity, in specific places, from now on. Thanks!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I may still be lured back in with Elden Ring. We could still jolly co-op when it comes out.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman you strike me as a very focused and goal oriented person who, based on previous posts and discussions, is perhaps in a slight state of flux in life. I think youā€™ve been pondering this for a little while now. Ultimately, you know yourself better than anyone and have to rest with your personal convictions.

If you truly wish to dedicate yourself fully to something then sacrifices usually need to made, and this decision could prove to be a wise one. The only beneficial thoughts I feel I can offer are to not overthink things too much. Trust your gut and and find peace through personal logic with the reasons for your decisions. Life is liquid and sometimes it pays to go with the flow, so to speak. Also, ā€œall work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.ā€

Glad youā€™re not disappearing, man. Itā€™s been good to know you, albeit in a limited capacity.

Also, Iā€™m super excited for Elden Ring and canā€™t wait to play it!

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Did you watch any of the cricket this morning? What on earth has happened to our batsmen?!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Iā€™ve decided against watching it this morning!

A lack of confidence and experience among some of our batsmen. They get trapped with LBW trying to play defensively but canā€™t play aggressively either.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer I've decided to return to gaming as I feel it should still be a part of my life. Playing through Shadow of the Tomb Raider at the moment. What games are you two playing these days?

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman That must be one of the shorest hiatuses I've known! šŸ˜…

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheIdleCritic

@Arugula Like A Dragon is a must buy then! Just not sure when.

I'm still loving FF7R. The music is absolutely perfect. When you first get to the Sector 7 slums, and after you fall into the old church and meet Aerith again... wow! I've always enjoyed good game music - Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is a standout for me. I even bought the CD. But FF seems to be the only series that elicits real emotion from me. Real masterclasses in how to make a soundtrack.

I know I keep harping on about localisation but I think FF7R's is fantastic. Everyone has their own personalities and you really feel like they're living, breathing people. Admittedly I've never played a Yakuza game with English VO (if that even existed before Like A Dragon), but everyone just sounds the same [English subs] and there's a needless abundance of apostrophes.

Judgment was actually fine though... perhaps they got a different team in?

@TheBrandedSwordsman It's going okay. Thank you for asking. The talking therapy part of it is a little strange for me. Nothing to be ashamed about, it's just odd. I don't feel particularly like I'm worth anything, and I'm aware that there are people with much worse problems then I - got divorced, lost family, work problems, amongst other things - but that's it, you know? Why am I wasting someone's time talking to them about this? The mindfulness and meditation is much easier as I practice that anyway.

I'm okay personally. Still have frequent episodes though. I tend to still get triggered quite easily and begin to feel extremely low, and then I can't bring myself to do anything. So I lose a lot of time being idle. But hey. Day by day.

I'll reply to the jazz question over there then! But yes, it's probably my favourite genre of music (besides Oasis). Finished my Night Train binge a short while ago. It's probably quite a common answer when you ask about jazz albums, but it's a good'un.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thatā€™s awesome! I enjoyed SotTR, though the first of the trilogy remains my favourite.

Iā€™ve been going through Ghostrunner, among other things. Itā€™s a far more hardcore experience than I was expecting. I figured it would make me feel like a cyborg ninja, not actually require me to be one. With that said, I just parried my way past Hel and am on my merry way towards the end.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Iā€™m finding it very hard. Much like the Souls games, death is inevitable and meant as a learning experience, though the comparisons pretty much end there. Things do start to click though and it has provided me with some incredibly intense and memorable sequences.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Like when you have a rash and you 'miss' you no longer have the urge to scratch it?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic