Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,241 to 5,260 of 10,104

crimsontadpoles

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I'm a programmer. It's been a bit busy lately, but things should quieten down from this weekend onwards as we get closer to the holidays.

A tasty chilli con carne perked me right up making me feel much better, so I decided to actually play some Cyberpunk 2077 instead of waiting until the weekend. I'll add some very initial thoughts into the main Cyberpunk thread, but I'm enjoying what I'm seeing so far.

nessisonett

@Ralizah ‘It’s about ethics in games journalism’ inbound in 3, 2, 1...

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett lol

The NL chat was awash with anger at TLOU Part II's clean sweep.

It's still weird to me how every year, we have some new group of movies/games/etc. that get thoroughly swept up in the culture wars.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah The comment section on NL’s article about it is getting somewhat dicey but then again, I’m not exactly surprised. I also just don’t really get why people are calling it ‘woke’ and stuff. Like I understand there are guys out there who seem to think having any sort of woman in a game is political but it’s not like these people are calling the first game ‘woke garbage’ despite it being made largely by the same people in the same setting. It just seems a strange one to railroad as ‘the worst game ever’.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

The new Abe game looks so good from the trailers. I really hope it turns out to be fun.

Also from last night;

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles I'm glad you're enjoying what you're seeing so far of Cyberpunk 2077, also, I wonder if you made your chilli con carne with beef and not lamb mince, which do you prefer? I think lamb is supposedly better for you but I prefer beef myself, I like meatballs made with beef mince as well. Do you like meatballs? I think that they're excellent when some sort of cheese, preferably parmesan ,is cooked into them.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

jdv95

@nessisonett you know what i notice about NLife?

nintendo is known to be the all inclusive family friendly game developer where everyone has a place.

nintendo fans over on NLife seems to be the very opposite of what nintendo stands for. racism,sexism,biggotory and blind hatred is everywhere in that place.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Kidfried

You know you're on a British website, when you get an ad for "Jamoona Asian Foods and Drinks" and they actually have an image of Marmite accompanying the ad. :')

@jdv95 Family friendly is something different from being inclusive. Especially in the case of Nintendo.

But hey, there are very bad and very fine people on both sites (heh heh heh). Especially the NL forums have some great threads.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic We actually have veggie chilli most of the time now. One tin of kidney beans and one of mixed beans.

Not quite as good as with beef but just as easy to cook and good to have as one of our meat free meals.

Thrillho

TheIdleCritic

I had a dream last night that antdickens scolded me because I didn't offer someone help (their thread was stupid and made no sense) and everyone started having a go at me.

I don't even engage in the community much here, let alone interact with Ant. What's wrong with my brain?

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

RogerRoger

@TheIdleCritic Nothing's wrong with your brain. That's just the raw power of Push Square at work. Ant Dickens is their Freddy Krueger, deployed to ensure community compliance no matter how stupid and nonsensical the topic. There is no escape.

In all seriousness, I've seen others mention that they've had forum dreams before.

Shows how well you've fit in around here!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@TheIdleCritic We're all secretly coffee company shareholders. We got another one, folks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

TheIdleCritic

@Kidfried I don't know why I sat through that whole thing. I love Geoff, as a person, and what he's trying to do for the industry but I really didn't need to be there for that. Sleep is much for important.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Don't blame you. I haven't tuned into one of those in years. The bitesize, no-filler direct approach has become so much more comfortable of late. If something's longer than thirty minutes, I'm usually happier to mop up headlines and watch highlights the following day.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger It definitely lasted way too long. I actually just wanted to see the award show. I don't think it needs to be 50/50 awards and announcements. Just give me five announcements, small is good too, but have it be about the awards mostly.

It's not hard to imagine why they are not going for that format, though. Selling ad space, and asking a price for game announcements is their revenue model.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, it's a shame seeing the sausage made live on stage. Given the death of E3, the invasion of trailers and marketing elsewhere is only gonna get worse. I'm with you: let things be what they are. If it'd been a straightforward awards show, I might've tuned in.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic