Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,981 to 5,000 of 10,078

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I've just went out for a curry with a couple friends, so feel a wee stuffed now. Apart from that, not much really, may pop over to see my sister either day for a few hours.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I’m going to do some gaming, watch some sports, probably eat out and maybe watch some TV shows or a movie. With COVID I pretty much stay home. Which is fine by me. I’m fairly boring.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

Hooray for curry!

My parents are down for a long weekend so we had takeaway on Thursday. The wife is making homemade pizzas tonight too.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic We keep it simple with just bell peppers on them. With the thick base/crust we have, it’s filling enough!

We also make our own tomato sauce for pizza and other things as well. Chop a load of tomatoes, a bit of garlic, oven cook for a bit, then stick in the blender with a bit of basil and purée.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho Homemade tomato sauce from the oven is so good.

Using the almost same method I made a bell pepper sauce yesterday, for a twist on my favorite pasta puttanesca recipe (I add some pecan nuts to make it a bit more creamy). When you're really confident making a certain kind of recipe, it becomes just so much fun to just try and vary a bit.

Tomorrow I'll be going on a small holiday. Just two nights out in a house in the woods. The weather's going to be bad, so I'm taking my Switch and Dragon Quest XI.

Funny thing is, the last thing I still had to prepare before leaving was preparing the graphics for the character competition up front. If I counted correctly the bracket will finish just in time for the PS5 launch. That would be kinda neat!

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

A little less then two weeks but I'm back

...Did I miss anything important?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Untitled
Only the usual of death threats being sent to developers and PS5 consoles being out in the wild. Usual story in video game world.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Untitled

I didn't expect a miracle to happen or anything @JohnnyShoulder

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy PlayStation Fans thought they found the cure for Covid, by turns out it was just the algorithm for how the new trophy system works.

Tasuki

So just a bit of a warning what I am posting here must seem a bit controversial to some people not trying to be just some of my thoughts lately. @get2sammyb if this is some sort of rule violation let me know and I will remove my post.

Anyway today at work I got into a confrontation with a customer about not wearing a face covering of sorts. I asked her politely to be put on a face covering and she responded quite irate. She told me oh I am not infected that disease didn't come from Africa or Jamaica (the woman was an African American). At that point I politely told her I am sorry but to be in here you have to have a facial covering. She then proceeded to say that I threatened her, and she is not going to wear one. I told her again politely that's her choice but doing so she will have to leave the store. She told me that she was and was never coming back. I then left it at that as she started to walk out. She was about to leave but instead she turned around walked across the store and got into my face screaming that I am threatening her again and that she comes from South Oakland where they don't threaten with just words and I need to watch my back at then called me a f'in cracker and left.

Not this the controversial point I have. Since this whole mask thing started I have been threatened more by African Americans when I politely ask them to put on a face covering, personally I don't care about if they wear a face covering but I have to enforce it due to be a company rule. I have a couple Caucasian people get upset but not like the African Americans. I am not a racist person I have had friends and family from all walks of life nor do I treat anyone different. I ask all customers in the store to please put a face covering one if they don't have one be it White, Black, Hispanic, Asian etc. etc yet the African Americans are the one who go overboard.

I mean yes Black Lives Matter but the more of this kinda behavior I see from people like that it makes me feel like well the only reason why you are treated the way you are is because you act that way. I am not trying to judge people but why do they act this way just from me asking a simple request? What did I do wrong. I try to treat people kindly but I don't know.

Anyway just some thoughts I hope I don't sound too bad or offended anyone.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ryall

@Tasuki Approach it by apologising. I would really like to help you. But my company has health and safety policies. If I’m seen on the security camera serving someone without a face mask. I would be in breach of those health and safety policies and could be fired. To me the risk of one additional sale isn’t worth it when I could fail a audit and lose my job.

Blame the rules blame the system. Sympathise with the customer but computer says no. I’ve always found people except I need to follow the rules for me far more easily than me implying they are bad or wrong for breaking the rules.

If possible get a little screen with a face recognition camera set up outside showing a no entry sign every time it detect someone not wearing a mask so you don’t have to explain it to them in person.

Ryall

Kidfried

@Tasuki "I mean yes Black Lives Matter but the more of this kinda behavior I see from people like that it makes me feel like well the only reason why you are treated the way you are is because you act that way."

Still that's not a fair assesment. People aren't responsible or shouldn't deserve less respect for what other people with the same skin color have done. This person is just a horrible person because they are a horrible person.

Also never forget that whatever you yourself are experiencing is anecdotal. Most cases of outrageous behavior I have experienced with regards to face masks I have experienced have been with white people. That's probably just my experience, and people from another part of my town might have a different experience.

I had a situation in which I asked someone to put on a face mask in public transit. They screamed to me about it from their seat for the rest of the ride (over an hour) about it, I tried to ignore them as much as possible, but it was a horrible experience.

Kidfried

Thrillho

People can be utter morons no matter what the colour of their skin.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki I think that the face covering issues people seem to have transcend ethnicity and seem more to do with education, political leanings and probably social economic rationales.

I just don't get the anger and madness about wearing a mask. It is really basic and obvious science. Covid is spread by droplets, you then but a barrier up and there are less droplets. We have been covering our nose and mouth when sneezing and coughing since we were kids.

I get really angry when I see people with a mask but it not covering their nose or pulled aside.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

mookysam

Tasuki wrote:

I mean yes Black Lives Matter but the more of this kinda behavior I see from people like that it makes me feel like well the only reason why you are treated the way you are is because you act that way.

C'mon, that is an absolutely horrid thing to write. No one deserves the way black people are treated.
There are also plenty, plenty of a******* white people who refuse to wear masks who are quite vicious about it, too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego That’s my pet hate, people who wear a mask but under their nose. Like... it’s supposed to cover all that junk, it defeats the purpose.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JGRockford

First thing first, I'm typing from Melbourne, where we've recently come off lockdowns, with similar results to New Zealand.

Oh, we still get protests (mostly white people) about the restrictions, but our numbers in Victoria are now regularly hitting zero with the use of mandatory face masks.

This is not a BLM issue!

To think otherwise is frankly borderline idiotic.

Yes, there can be PoC that may have issue with mask wearing, but that never needs to be stereotyped into BLM, because it isn't. White people are just as bad, even worse.

I'd suggest looking into the Karens that refuse to wear masks.

And yes, people that wear the mask under their nose deserve to be looked at like they're some special type of degenerate.

Edited on by JGRockford

JGRockford

TheFrenchiestFry

@Tasuki If you've been harassed or threatened by black people more often that's on them. Not a race issue whatsoever. Those jackasses make up a vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless. That entire segment of people don't deserve that kind of oppressive treatment just because of the actions of a few

If some of them refuse to wear a mask, that's on them. There are plenty of other people who'd be wise enough to do otherwise because it's just basic common sense and they're more sensitive towards what's going on in the world at the moment.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic