Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 10,078

Gremio108

In these trying times, there is a mask we must all wear. The mask of tolerance.

(I've been playing a lot of Ghost of Tsushima)

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

This is an absurdly complex issue which is incredibly difficult to discuss in a balanced way, so I'm not even gonna try. Somebody somewhere will misconstrue what I say, so I'd rather stay quiet and avoid potentially offending any passers-by.

@Tasuki I'm sorry to hear that a jerk gave you grief at work.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

Boo...!
Long time not posting on this thread. 😗
Btw, can you guess what thing i hold on my avatar ?

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter A massive box of Percy Pigs

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

Well done to those who made the challenge. There will be times in life when we have unpleasant experiences with individuals for reasons that aren't always obvious. We must always remember not to tar people with the same brush, it's a very dangerous road to go down.

Having difficulty with a few people that happen to share a certain characteristic and then suggesting that the hundreds of millions / billions with that same characteristic all have a problem.. It's a terrible thing to believe.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

You lot across the pond have a weird electoral system. It’s like watching the Eurovision results but less fun.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Don’t watch that garbage. I live here and I don’t even watch it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Can some confusingly tanned man called Jakob just shout FRANCE DOUZE POINT and get it over with?

Th3solution

@nessisonett I think that’s what happens with California’s votes get finalized.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

Spent 7 hours drinking alcohol and watching election results with the family. That was... demoralizing.

edit: Well, the President of the United States just prematurely declared victory and said he's going to go to the supreme court (stacked with HIS appointees now, including one whose seat that was basically stolen from his predecessor) to stop the states from counting the millions of outstanding votes left in play. A lot of us have suspected this would be the play all along if the vote was close, but it's a bit surreal to see it actually start happening IRL.

The world gets to watch a coup happen in real time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Here in Indonesia, there was a shameful premature victory declaration when we had an election to choose the president between Prabowo and Jokowi.

Mr Prabowo had claimed his premature victory of being the next president and celebrated his premature victory by a celebration while the actual result Mr Jokowi still won the election and continued to be a president with new vice president.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Ralizah Either way looks like he's going to win again. Unless those mail votes really make that big of a difference...

@nessisonett Eurovision has to be one of the most depressing events in existence.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane In most states, the mail votes are roughly 65-70% of the overall vote and have Biden ahead by at least a few percentage points due to Democrats being more likely to vote early. It was always going to look bad on the night because Republicans vote in person. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Kidfried

To grab the presidency, Biden has to win one of either Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia or North Carolina. Surely one of those things is going to happen.

Kidfried

Anti-Matter

My pointing finger tip felt a little bit hurt after sliding on the Switch screen to play Sushi Striker Switch with touch screen feature. 😖
I think Sushi Striker played better on 3DS instead since using touch pen.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@nessisonett @Octane Yup. This is the much discussed "red mirage" scenario. Additionally, Trump has been pushing people to vote on election day, discrediting mail-in ballots, trying to sabotage the collection of mail-in ballots, and pushed to load the supreme court with his people because Republicans have been transparently preparing for this coup for months now. The GOP in multiple states have been issuing legal challenges trying to contest the legality of mail-in votes.

This is an attempted coup. Trump is a wannabe dictator. The GOP has been actively enabling him. That party needs to be burned to the ground.

I will say, even if everything goes right, and the supreme court doesn't enable this, and Biden somehow squeaks out a win with the votes in the remaining states, roughly half the country will have voted for a man who has enabled and even encouraged mass death and is trying to institute a dictatorship.

Regardless of what happens, I'm disappointed in and disgusted by what this country has become.

@Anti-Matter Hopefully it'll go like it did in Indonesia. The concern is that our president's cronies are going to help his steal an election.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

I've been hearing about the whole voting debacle

Apparently the unease about deciding a winner here is worse than it was with Hillary and Trump 4 years ago, but from what I also heard apparently Trump has been dominating states like Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Montana which was honestly kind of expected. It's pretty neck and neck in terms of electoral votes so we'll see what happens

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I don't know what was actually happened on USA right now, but is Biden a nice guy to be chosen as president ?
Trump was.... we know him.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic