Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,641 to 4,660 of 5,043

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution at the end of the day, you got games I like (good games), and games I don’t like (sh*t games). Fez is at one extreme and pretty much anything by Ubisoft is at the other. (Fun fact, Phil Fish worked at Ubisoft before he made Fez and subsequently went insane.)

Then you have fringe games like FIFA, COD and Fortnite which simply “exist”.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula But at least you will still give them a go, some people are refusing to even do that. Baffling, I tell ya, baffling.

Just out of interest, which non dedicated shooters in the first person perspective have you found 'restrictive, unwieldy and awkward'?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I can understand not liking certain indie games but just dismissing them for that very fact seems extraordinarily silly. It’s not a genre in and of itself, one thing that really bugs me when people say they like indie music.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder I could totally understand how Bioshock, Deus Ex and Alien Isolation could be considered frustrating to play in first person. And Resi 7.

Now I’m not saying @Argula isn’t being a little princess (he is )and needs to get over himself (he does ) but I get how games presented in the first person but are not as polished as true first person shooters like Doom and Call of Duty can be off-putting initially.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett yeah it’s dumb to dismiss something without experiencing (but we all do that to a degree, that’s life), at the end of the day it’s their loss. It was more the suggestion that people are being hypocritical, when I don’t think that’s the case. It’s easy to scroll through the comments and assume no one can be satisfied but generally it’s not the same people poopooing everything Sony announce. And the odd person doing that is obviously a troll.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Yeah I get all that and we all dismiss things in our life, it is only human nature after all. I'm not saying that everyone has to play every game ever made, but don't think any of that is a good enough reason to totally dismiss a video game, something that you have to play to fully experience it.

Which is why I never understand people that watch playthroughs just to experience the story.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I could never just watch a let’s play, it goes against everything that I play games for. Like imagine just watching the cutscenes from Red Dead 2 or TLOU2, it’s the incidental dialogue, your experiences etc that make the cutscenes have meaning and depth. Some of my favourite game moments are from things that I’ve done in a game, unique to me. Not having control of a game would do my head in, it already does when I watch my wee brother playing RE2 😂😂

Edited on by nessisonett

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Ok man, furry muff. I'll stop shagging your leg over it. For now. 😂

@nessisonett Yeah exactly. Games are interactive after all. They must have some interest in the game, just play the damn thing. I'm not a very good watcher at games either. Its agony watching my Dad play as he misses half the stuff and then wonders why he has no ammo, health or whatever. Or does annoying stuff like repeatedly pressing a button to run when you only need to hold it down.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, my mum forgets the buttons when things start getting hectic on screen. With Red Dead 2, it was easy because there’s the general strategy of find cover, shoot, get back in cover until the enemies are dead but Witcher 3 just had too much going on at once for her. I think it’ll be fine once she has more experience at these things but she’s going onto L.A. Noire next which I think’s a pretty good choice due to it being both Rockstar and being plot-focused.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I think TW3 is bit too complicated for my Dad bless him. Too many things to think about. I lent him The Outer WORLDS but think he mentioned that was was having trouble with the dialogue. Got him Days Gone for his birthday and he seems to be enjoying that. His fave game is Bioshock.

nessisonett

Well Evo imploded. Holy crap, that was a saga and a half. If this many people in positions of power are being outed as abusers, what the hell is the percentage? How many people have been getting away with this stuff unchecked for years?

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Alas, I think you've just inadvertently answered your own question, as it's often being in a position of power which makes people increasingly predisposed to immoral or illegal acts; the old "well, they can't touch me, I'm too powerful around here" attitude which, unfortunately, would seem to be quite a major part of basic human instinct.

It's only once the recent increase in awareness and victim support has spread to all corners of society that we'll be able to get a complete picture.

In other words, expect headlines to get worse before they get better.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Anyone know anything about blue cheese? I made wraps with Caesar salad, buffalo chicken and blue cheese but it overpowered everything. I used Roquefort but perhaps I’d be better with a saltier cheese like Gorgonzola? Really was tempted to create a whole topic dedicated to cheese just to wind up Kyle 😂😂

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Smoked cheese is unbelievably good. Those wedges of Applewood cheddar mmmmmm

Edited on by nessisonett

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 @nessisonett Cheese on anything makes it taste 100 times better. Chips, pasta, toast, spaghetti bol, scrambled eggs... i had blue cheese in a burger and it was amazing, but I had it on it's own and didn't like it. Cheddar, Wensleydale, Brie, Edam are usually by faves. But please, stay the F away from with that goats cheese. That stuff is evil.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I couldn’t find any feta a few weeks ago for putting in a pasta salad so I decided that goats cheese looked similar enough from the outside. I was wrong, very very wrong. That stuff is just a weird consistency.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic