Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 4,868

LN78

@RogerRoger Have you used the LEGO site before? I am a bit wary of using new online merchants,especially at this time of year but I loathe Amazon.

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 I haven't, but my partner has, quite a bit. He trusts them, and their shipping is pretty good. I'd say it's as safe as anywhere else!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger Excellent. I'll put my order in now,then. Thanks for your help.

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Not at all. Hope you enjoy; you'll have to let me know how it goes, as you'll likely finish yours before I even manage to get mine started!

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Well, gaming history has taken a hit. Gamerankings.com is now a part of metacritic. Gamerankings incredibly comprehensive list of games has taken a hit, (I could only find Twisted Metal Small Brawl instead of all of them), the layout and search is now much clunkier, messier, and less comprehensive, the rankings system now has more bias (I'm pretty sure IGN's score gets more weight than a number of other critics), doesn't sort by system (which can be important for say, Skyrim PS3 Vs. 360 and making sure a specific version was played in general). I loved gamerankings as a resource for reviews, games new and old. Now the history is much harder and the site layout is genuinely terrible compared to the nice long clean list of reviews gamerankings gave you. I don't know why they had to combine. It looks like less of merger and more one just got destroyed honestly.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 That genuinely sucks. The state of games journalism, and the weight given to Metacritic rankings and numbered scores, really does my head in sometimes. I'm sure you're not alone in voicing your criticism; maybe they'll revert back to a "classic" site design if enough people complain?

@KALofKRYPTON Apologies, I missed your post yesterday, but I just wanted to note that A: your office does its Secret Santa really early, and B: how lucky are you to get a PS4 game?! Spent years talking about gaming to my colleagues, and the best I ever got was a mouse mat with a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog on it. You've done gosh-darn well for yourself this year!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
The timing is mostly my fault as I break up for the year today and we have a couple of folks who don't work Fridays

Secret Santa is a pretty serious business around here - I'd be lying if I said I hadn't made it abundantly clear what I wanted and where to get it
Thankfully my Secret Santa has a gamer husband and kid too. Though they were apparently (obviously) entirely unaware of the game itself - and Warhammer anything!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

mookysam

@Jaz007 That sucks; I always dislike these kinds of "mergers". Gamerankings was always my go-to site in the day and they had so many old games because it was obviously pre-Metacritic. It was almost preserving a slice of game history from the '90's. I used it less to see the aggregate score and more as an easy way to find reviews for old games I was interested to read. Easier to use and cleaner interface, too.

#BlackLivesMatter

PSN: mookysam

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I did wonder if you were going on leave or something.

Ah, so it was one of those not-so-secret Secret Santa undertakings, then. Glad your name got selected by somebody who knew what they were doing!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oh yeah, not just some random gift picked from a sack!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

DonJorginho

What game of these do I need to play through first? (Backlog is criminal)

Witcher 3 GOTY
Horizon Zero Dawn
Skyrim: Special Edition
Nier Automata
The Outer Worlds
Jedi Fallen Order

DonJorginho

Arugula

@DonJorginho Good lord, that's a lot of hours worth of gaming!
I'd suggest going with the oldest game in Skyrim. I loved it and platinumed it in about 120 hours but it has been speedrun in under 40 minutes 🤣 so while you probably wouldn't match that I suppose it has the potential to be a bit shorter than some of the others. The longer it's in your backlog it's going to feel older when you play it too so yeah, it's my vote.

Arugula

DonJorginho

@Arugula That is definitely one I am leaning to, just because I want to finally complete it, I played about 20 hours of it back in the PS3 Days but stopped playing and lost my save data and gave up so want to dedicate my few weeks off work around Xmas to power through some games and see things I haven't seen before.

Thank you!

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

Just got my Secret Santa gifts, have been treated to Resident Evil 4 HD for PS4 (obviously lol), and a giftbox of 24 Ferrero Rochers.

This new job is pretty nifty for sure, get school holidays off like the children do, get paid for it all, have so much free time and get good Secret Santa gifts for once!

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD another great pick, it is so hard when there are so many games out and coming up too lol

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@KratosMD I need to have your mental strength haha! I was playing through Uncharted 4, Destiny 2, Days Gone and Resident Evil 7 all at the same moment in different hours of the day.

Now I just stick to one long game and when I want a break until its completed I play some FIFA or COD to relax

DonJorginho

WanderingBullet

Very brief look at Godfall's gameplay.

Untitled

Huntin' monsters erryday.

DonJorginho

Just got Resident Evil 2 Remake and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition together for £25, good deal or nah?

DonJorginho

Octane

There's a brass band playing christmas carols outside somewhere, I can't see them, but I can hear them. I missed those, I hadn't seen them anymore in recent years, but it's good to know they're still around.

Octane

Tasuki

Going to have to kick it old school tonight since the roofers doing my roof ended up ripping down and breaking my internet wire so I am without internet for tonight. I tried calling my ISP but by the time I discovered it the offices were closed. It sucks cause I can't watch any tv tonight unless I want to watch my DvDs. Video game wise I do have my NES and SNES classics but I was wanting to play WoW Classic and Modern Warfare tonight. 😥

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic