Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 10,078

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Am crossing my fingers tightly for Screen Print (my favourite of the possible names you mentioned) and hope everything will work out alright.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @mookysam @Th3solution @Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder @Thrillho @Rudy_Manchego @DonJorginho @Gremio108 @RogerRoger @Arugula thanks everyone! I don’t tend to get worked up but my kitties really get me fired.

Buster Blast: following sedation they had a good look in his mouth and it appears the lumps are ulcers, most likely linked to his failing kidneys which are now the primary issue. Considering this it isn’t worth doing a biopsy. He briefly showed me the numbers, I didn’t really understand what I was seeing but he has 50x as much of something in his blood than he should have, so that isn’t good! He’s at the vets for the next 3 days on a drip, they are going to clear him out and then do more blood tests to see if they can get him down to reasonable levels. Afterwards if it looks okay he’ll come home and be on a new diet. They’ll test the blood again after a week or so and if his kidneys aren’t destroyed and the toxin levels haven’t rocketed back up we can hope he’ll live for potentially years with a manageable disease. That’s best case, the vet is still sounding pretty negative but his chances are 50/50 in my opinion*, so I am happier today.

*disclaimer: I am not a vet 😬😂

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Vets (and all medical professionals) always make everything sound worse than it is, so that nobody can turn around and sue them for saying "should work out fine" days before a random, totally unpredictable complication pops up.

In other words, try not to dwell on any note of professional pessimism. Here's to the treatment working like a charm, and I hope you'll have him back home soon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger yeah, I was thinking today that I do the same in my own line of work.. it’s self preservation at the end of the day. It’s difficult being on the other end of it, though. But he’s young and feisty, so has a good shot.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Oh, absolutely. When it's happening to you, it's a totally different story. Will keep my fingers crossed (toes whilst typing, naturally) but I'm sure a good shot is all he'll need to pull through.

Making It So Since 1987

DonJorginho

Am going to do a Cyberpunk 2077 Themed Giveaway where I will give out 1 perhaps 2 codes to get the game from the PS Store.

Any ways how I could go about setting this up?

DonJorginho

Th3solution

I wonder if Sony will be at E3 this year.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

DonJorginho

@Th3solution God knows, haven't seen any articles about E3 on here either which is really weird.

DonJorginho

Kidfried

With a new console coming up, they probably will

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

Limited Run are doing a Streets of Rage 4 physical edition!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

DonJorginho

How would you guys react if Cyberpunk 2077 was made a Next Gen and PC only title?

I for the life me cannot see how it will run on the under-powered base consoles.

DonJorginho

KALofKRYPTON

@DonJorginho I'm not planning on getting it, but I suppose I'd be a little miffed if that was announced at this point.
Given the pretty much required scaleability of software for PC and the parallels of base consoles with PC architecture these days, there really shouldn't be an issue getting it to run if enough time is devoted to it.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

DonJorginho

@KALofKRYPTON @Arugula I wouldn't care for the game not being on PS4 as I am getting the PS5 on launch regardless but would feel sorry for those who wanted it on PS4.

I am just saying this as it is clear there are some big issues on base consoles as the game barely has ran above 30fps on powerful PCs when demos were shown so how this can run on PS4 OG and XB1 without loading screens is beyond me and will be a technical marvel if they manage to get it all working.

This is all considering the fact TW3 launched with terrible issues frame rate rise and plenty of bugs and that was a less demanding game that had delays for polish too.

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

KALofKRYPTON

@DonJorginho I think the heavier narrative element, first person view and urban environment are going to be much easier to deal with graphically.

DonJorginho

@KALofKRYPTON I can see that but the verticality of the world, the pure graphical enhancements and the more open possibilities could be harder for the consoles to take imo

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Arugula Part of me is hoping that due to the BC nature of next gen it is a simple patch to get it running amazingly on PS5 but I think CD may go for selling it repackaged with some small additional content to make the most of the new IP.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Arugula As long as a PS5 version (if it happened), didn't come out till after Q1 2021 I would also pick up a PS4 version.

Hopefully that would have frame rate improvements and raytracing.

And same here, unless it is a GTA Online style experience the gunplay doesn't look as fun to play online in a traditional TDM.

DonJorginho

Th3solution

@DonJorginho Honestly, now with the delay and how packed 2020 is with other games, I think I might just wait to play it on PS5 anyways. By the time it releases, my PS4 backlog is going to be more back-breaking than it already is. I’ll have plenty to keep me busy. I haven’t yet decided whether I’m going to get a PS5 at launch.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

DonJorginho

@Th3solution I think I will definitely get a PS5 from launch if the launch games are good enough to entice me.

And I am thinking of buying next to no games this year out of the new releases and just saving up for next gen so I can experience them in the best way possible come Holiday 2020

This whole PC Takeover stuff isn't bothering me as I find paying £350-600 for one console which will last me 6-7 years hypothetically better than paying over £1500 on a rig that could not be good enough come 4 years time.

And also the fact I work means I haven't got the time to sink in dozens of hours a day so a Console is perfect for a bit of casual fun.

And I don't touch competitive online games really so 120hz G Sync yada yada yada doesn't really interest me either.

DonJorginho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic