Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 10,096

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Greggs and Metro Bank saw you holding hands and kissing with CEX.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

crimsontadpoles

@nessisonett GAME and CEX are even closer together in Cambridge, as they're right next door to each other. That GAME is quite small and cramped, with a lot of the space being taken up with figurines and merchandise. On the other hand, the CEX is fairly large and spacious, and has a good variety of games.

Then there's the Argos just across the road from them, which often has new games cheaper than GAME.

Gremio108

My eldest son had a couple of friends round for a sleepover last night. They could have played anything they liked, the PS4 was set up for them and everything.

They chose to play Golden Axe on the MegaDrive Collection. I was impressed.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

Hey, any Push Squarians from Down Under around here? I’ve been concerned about these devastating wildfires that are being reported in Australia. I wondered if anyone has first hand news. It looks terrible. My heart goes out to those affected.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Gremio108 little did you know they were playing it ironically at your expense

@kyleforrester87 This would not surprise me. Maybe I shouldn't have shown them my home-made Golden Axe cosplay outfit, in hindsight.

kyleforrester87

Some of you may recall one of my cats went walkies last year and I was in a bit of a mess. Unfortunately the same cat has been ill for the past week. He had some blood tests done on Monday, and at the time the vet mentioned there was a lump under his tongue and his kidneys felt small. On a follow up visit later in the week he said the lump has grown. Could be cancer, a benign lump or a foreign object stuck in it. Because of the placement, as far as I can gather, it’s inoperable if it’s a lump so we are hoping it’s just something stuck, but that isn’t very likely according to the vet.

To make matters worse we got a call yesterday to say his blood tests have come in, and it appears he has kidney disease. Could be linked to the lump..

He’s due back in tomorrow for scans and some investigation of the lump. All things considered the vet has basically said prepare for the worst. My girlfriend and I are totally gutted, he’s only 3 so it’s really surprising for this to happen to a member of the family. I’ve had quite a lot of cats and he’s the handsomest, friendliest, most intelligent and interesting one I’ve known.

The deck is stacked against him but please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for Buster aka Busterino, Beans, Chilli Beans, Beanarino, Bean Bandit, Screens, Screen Print and all the other weird random names I’ve given him over the years.

Untitled

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

(As an aside due to his kidneys not working you can smell his breath if you get within 10 meters. Seriously it’s unbelievably bad lol)

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

Aww no @kyleforrester87 I hope your little beany boy Buster turns out ok! He's adorable! I'll have my fingers crossed for you all

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@kyleforrester87 Really sorry to hear about Buster. It's extremely difficult when a pet becomes ill. Thinking of you, your girlfriend and little Beanarino.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Awh man, I’m sorry to hear about Buster. I’ll be hoping for good news in his next round of tests. This probably has you stressed to the max. Give Buster a nice scratch behind the ears from me and post an update when you get more news. #getbetterbusterbeanbandit

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Sorry to hear about Buster. He's a beautiful kitty.

We did this recently with a beloved cat, and now the family dog is suffering from a lung tumor and some sort of spinal condition that's causing intense nerve pain, so I'm thinking it won't be long before I have to euthanize yet another animal that I quite literally grew up with.

I hope to hear good news about your animal. But, if things go south, just feel content in knowing that you did all you reasonably could for the little bugger. Buster is lucky to have people in his life who clearly love him.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Hope the next news is good news!

Here is a photo of my parents cat waiting for her food to be served!
Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Sorry to hear about Busterino. It is horrid when you feel a bit powerless. Have had several cats when I was growing up get ill and need care and it is really upsetting.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

DonJorginho

@kyleforrester87 so sorry to hear that man, it really sucks when any loved one is in a situation like that.

I hope he pulls through as he looks like a tough cookie, wish you and your girlfriend the best at this horrible time.

DonJorginho

Gremio108

@kyleforrester87 I have two cats. They both send their best wishes. Buster looks like one seriously cool dude

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic