Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 10,099

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 @themcnoisy
Driving is one of those things I wish I'd sorted years ago. I spent my late teens and 20's mostly on the piss and working in pubs, so never really bothered. I rarely have ever taken a job that couldn't walk to within an hour and friends and family are mostly close enough that even having to use public transport isn't really a problem.

I took a test a couple of years ago and just failed. Torrential downpour at the start followed by glaring morning sun left me pretty much unable to see. Haven't bothered doing it again. May do at some point, but despite very much liking cars, never had the burning desire to drive.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

kyleforrester87

@KALofKRYPTON I did my motorbike test when I was 18, I passed that on the fifth attempt lol. Kept doing really dumb stuff. I did the car when I was 25 I think, somehow managed to pass that first time. It is nice having them both done and dusted as it were but the reality is owning a car makes you fat and lazy. You start using it for the most straight forward journeys and you’re always half expecting some sort of ticket through the door or a breakdown. Whenever I’ve gone to not having a vehicle, I’ve always felt immediately happier. My girlfriend recently got a new Polo and I’m on the insurance so I will admit it’s nice having a car I’m not responsible for, already managed to pick up a £60 fine for dipping into a bus lane mind you!

Push bike FTW

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

Yeah, it’s fascinating to me that Europeans and British don’t drive much. Due to a relative lack of public transportation available if you’re not in one of the few major metropolitan areas in the U.S. most people are driving with regularity at age 16. I’m not sure how I passed the driving test on my first go, but I don’t remember it being a problem. I think it has to do with us driving on the correct side of the road and having our steering wheels in the proper side. I’d struggle too if I had to drive from the passenger seat! 😉 Either that or all that Gran Turismo time paid off.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

I've noticed an increased number of bird poo incidents on my car this last couple of weeks. Five in the last three days, in fact, with one a direct hit on the door handle. I'm starting to think it's some sort of targeted campaign against me. I told my wife but she just laughed. I now believe she is somehow in on it.

I'm aware this isn't a particularly insightful contribution to the car conversation.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Gremio108

@Frigate Good call. Thankfully I never leave home without them.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Depending on the type of bird, it may be an American flock trying to tell you to get into the car on the other side, silly.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Wesker

I don’t enjoy driving in town and cities that much on account of all the traffic, but get out into the countryside and it’s great. Great way to explore and see what’s going on around you.

@kyleforrester I could have done with TLOU2 coming out before Xmas, but oh well, need to put it to the back of my mind again.

Wesker

JohnnyShoulder

@Wesker There is almost no chance of it coming out this year, the closest we have got is one of the actors almost saying February. Of course Push Square managed to write up 5 articles from that! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Wesker

@JohnnyShoulder i’ve been thinking a lot about that ending. The Last of Us is probably the best story driven game i’ve played. Maybe i’ll pick up the PS4 remaster to tied me over, and I still need to play the dlc.

Wesker

JohnnyShoulder

@Wesker Left Behind is quality, well worth it if you enjoyed the main game. I was only so so on the ending, I'm not the greatest fan of ambiguous or sudden endings and the build up to it was probably my least favourite part of the game. Still, one my games of all time and is deserving of going in my top 25 list.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@Wesker @JohnnyShoulder I really didn’t get much out of Left Behind, but I’m not big on DLC story content to be honest, I always struggle to get in to it like I do the main game.

As for TLOU itself, I don’t love it but it’s better than Uncharted. Everything’s a bit too miserable for me, which is the point I guess, and it all certainly leaves an impact but I just can’t say I really enjoyed playing through it (twice). I do enjoy how kinetic the combat was at times though, when you got crafting down on the fly it resulted in some pretty awesome encounters.

kyleforrester87

Wesker

@kyleforrester87 I think with Uncharted and TLOU, a lot of the time it’s about pushing the story forward, not so much the gameplay. I found the puzzles boring in TLOU, and I hardly did any stealth, but I do enjoy the 3rd person shooting, likewise in Uncharted. The main thing for me though is moving from one cutscene to another. I saw one NLifer call Sony games ‘Hollywood-wannabe gloomy interactive films with varied but rough gameplay’, which I found quite funny.

Wesker

kyleforrester87

@Wesker yeah, for me I had the most fun when I was stealthing around, making explosives on the fly and shotgunning clickers at point blank range. I just found the story to be all a bit of a morbid drag!

It was good at what it did though, the intro in particular was very engaging and I liked the Half Life 2 vibes in the quarantine zone at the start.

kyleforrester87

Octane

@Wesker I actually enjoy the gameplay of TLOU. Crafting on the fly, managing your inventory, stealthing, I love it.

Octane

Wesker

@Octane It’s definitely enjoyable, and the multiplayer as well. Inventory management and stealth are not high on my list of fun gameplay though. That’s fine, I was playing on normal, and you could get away with action fighting your way through a lot of it. I noticed you didn’t defend the puzzles though

Wesker

Octane

@Wesker Which puzzles?

Moving obstacles around to access new areas aren't really puzzles IMO.

Octane

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Here's hoping they come home safe soon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic