Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 10,096

Th3solution

@Octane Unfortunately, yes. McDonalds is the same throughout. Except I’ve been to a few that I’m pretty sure recycled food from the garbage to make my burger.

But in France, a Quarter Pounder with Cheese is called a “Royale with Cheese” 😂
At least that’s what Samuel L. Jackson told me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Ryall oooooh. 😮 Yeah, Prince Harry. That’s right. I get the two of them mixed up.

I guess the question is, does William toe the line and stay buttoned up in his public persona because he has a higher pecking order toward being king, or is that just his natural disposition? And is Harry more rebellious because he knows he is further down the line and likely doesn’t have to worry about appearances? He’s the one about to have a kid too with the girl who is American or maybe part American? My knowledge of the royal family is literally made up of whatever headline might be splashed on the cover of People magazine that I inadvertently see in my peripheral vision for 5 seconds as I check out at the grocery store. That’s about all the investment I feel I can put into it.

Edit: and to be clear and not come across as elitist or something, I put the same or less interest into American politics. I avoid it like the plague. Modern government is ... frustrating to deal with, to say the least.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Just national and regional variations I think. Black pudding is certainly more 'mealy' than blood sausage and pudding I think. Probably best you don't look in to white pudding... Which is also delicious 😉

On the royals, well - Harry's comments on Fortnite are just silly really, but do speak to a broader problem of its younger player base that shouldn't be ignored. Generally, he's a fairly likeable bloke who's done his military service and put together some excellent charitable initiatives.
Whatever people's thoughts on the monarchy, I wouldn't choose to be in their shoes for a second. Lots of people see it as a fee ride, but they're in cages of public service; ever criticised, ever on show.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

@Th3solution

I don't plan on playing any battle royale game now or ever.

I'm surprised that they haven't targeted fortnite though in this ban, just PUBG.

Unless Epic games bought exclusivity with the Nepal government of course! 😉

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

themcnoisy

@Ryall I'm no Royalist by any stretch but Prince Harry for his mistakes is actually a decent bloke.

He fought in the Army, started the Invictus games, Married Magan Markle and even visited Birkenhead recently.

I would do most of those things if I could. But he really is my idol for visiting Birkenhead. Hes the best thing to happen there since Lily Savage.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

andreoni79

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Let’s try and keep things on topic guys.

Hey guys, I friend of mine told me the milkman's daughter is in love with the butcher's son... But I heard he likes the baker's sister!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Th3solution

@andreoni79 Wait... who likes the baker’s sister? The butcher’s son or the milkman? How old is this baker? 😜

Octane

24 hours until D-Day. Wallet is filled up, locked and loaded. Alarm set. I'm prepared.

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane Wait? What? Did i miss something?

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

@KALofKRYPTON Sounds like you've been living under a rock! Didn't you pay attention to the news?

Octane

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane I try to stay informed on current events...

HallowMoonshadow

Dreams beta/early access isn't it?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Kidfried

Oh... Why do you need your wallet?

Octane

@Kidfried I forgot, but did you get in the beta at some point?

@KALofKRYPTON Because it's €30, and I can't add funds to my wallet using the PlayStation app!

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

First come first serve for the limited codes and it's £30 or so for the early access if I'm remembering correctly @KALofKRYPTON

edit

Looks like Octane beat me to it!

KALofKRYPTON

@Octane @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Oh I see...

OK - i thought the beta for it would be open this time. I don't really pay that much attention to it. Looks like an incredible tool - but as with LBP, I'll likely never set aside the time to fully appreciate it.

Also, I have Elite Dangerous on the go now, so that's plenty to be getting on with

HallowMoonshadow

Well I hope you @Kidfried and @Octane (not to mention anyone else) gets in the early access ok!

I would too but... i was useless at LBP 1&2's level editors... I'd be completely overwhelmed by dreams 😅

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic