Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 10,111

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It will probably be longer than that if like me you work in the week and 'only' get one or two hours a day. Weekends I usually play for a lot longer if I'm not doing anything.

Not sure I want to know mine! But you have put down the gauntlet and may have to now lol!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

If a games good and holds my attention I'll pump tens of hours into it without thinking twice. It shouldn't be a chore. If a game isn't worth 100+ hours I'll stop playing midway and forget about it. Backlog smacklog I say!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jaz007

@kyleforrester87 I don’t get people who finish a 100+ hour game just to finish when they knew well before then they didn’t really like it. How do you spend so much time doing that. The only person I could understand it with is a friend I ha e who beaten every game he’s ever bought baring a broken disco or big stopping him. His backlog isn’t there. No, I don’t know how he does it.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 @kyleforrester87 Well, you bring up a good point I hadn’t considered. So, in my estimation of the future gaming hours I have at my disposal for the foreseeable future, I failed to consider the attrition rate of games that I play, because - yes, I don’t finish every game I play. As you say, sometimes a game you think you’ll like is just not fun or engaging and so you drop it like yesterday’s underwear. Despite being selective on choosing what to buy and play, sometimes you just misjudge a game’s appeal. So I need to account for the fact I won’t want to finish all those games. So looking back at my previous 25 games, I did not finish to see the end of 5 of them, so my drop rate tends to be about 1 out of 5, or 20%. Factoring in a 20% drop rate, my time investment for my current and future backlog is down to around 1300 hrs. That saves me about a month and a half to two months toward being up to speed and ready for the next gen.
@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the depressing thing is an average of 6 hour of game time per day is no where near what I can accomplish on a consistent basis. I do work for a living and occasional deal with actual humans in the flesh. Perhaps the next portion of my mental exercise will be to calculate my average daily game playtime. I have no idea how to get that other than to keep a log for the next few months. ....Now if I actually do that, I really need to question my already fragile grip on my own sanity.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@kyleforrester87 You're welcome!

For £9.95 per month, I'll post daily compliments, just in case you're interested.

Octane

Th3solution

@kyleforrester87 Lol, I think the insults are free ... the compliments are held behind a paywall.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

Free trial is locked behind an Octane+ sub.

Octane

Jaz007

Anyone else feel like Pushsqaure has been getting an abnormally large number of comments from non-regular users recently? Some of these comment sections have been crazy, with the more (sadly) normal internet coming out here.

Jaz007

JJ2

@Jaz007
The more the merrier.
Open up guys. Just need to keep up on moderation (including on 'regular' users)

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 i have noticed people making threads about things that have nothing to do with PlayStation or gaming

and some from someone who i think is trying to get info for modding his console but is hiding it by creating different threads asking different questions

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@Jaz007 yeah, I have noticed the quality of users seems to have taken a bit of a nose dive in recent months. Guess it's par for the course with the sight becoming more popular? Plenty more flaming going on in the comments sections anyway. I'm finding myself reacting to it sometimes too haha.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

mookysam

@Jaz007 The Spider-Man puddle comments section was embarrassing. It's the sort of crap that stopped me using nintendolife.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

@JJ2 It’s not that I’m not open, this place isn’t a clique and never should be, but the intelligence and respect level has gone down is the problem. More regular users who are respectful and think about what post are always welcome.

Jaz007

Octane

@mookysam Those were brilliant though! I enjoyed reading most of it

Octane

Jaz007

@mookysam The Firewall review was even worse. It’s comment section got closed down.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic