Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,131

nessisonett

@DerMeister @LobsterJohnson Chapter 10 by next week was my first thought too! I’ve beaten chapter 5 too even if I did miss out on an S rank and we should be able to steadily make our way through it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

I played another few chapters there, surprising myself by absolutely slaughtering as V. I’m not very good with him normally and don’t really enjoy his levels but had an SSS combo in almost every encounter over the last couple of chapters. I chose him this time in chapter 7 so I got the trophy for completing it with both characters too. I love how subtle the multiplayer is, it really breathes life into the levels being able to see somebody else playing as Nero in the background.

Th3solution

@nessisonett That’s cool, I didn’t know the game had multiplayer. How does it work? Is it just randoms in the background? Does it affect your game?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution It doesn’t affect your gameplay, it’s more that you play the level at the same time as other people, while they’re playing as a different character. Since different levels take place at the same time due to the swapping of characters, it’s a pretty cool mechanic. They have no impact on what’s happening with you but in a recent level I could see another player killing enemies through a fence!

DerMeister

Did Chapters 5-10. Aside from a blue orb fragment in Ch. 8, I didn't find anything new. Been S-ranking most of them, but I couldn't get it for 8 or 10. 8 in particular I probably also lost due to accidentally turning auto assist on. I was close to beating the scripted boss, too.

10 is where Dante is first playable, and I gotta say, this might be my favorite incarnation of the character gameplay wise. His weapons are really cool, and I'm particularly happy about a certain returning one. I did notice that it's harder to rack style points up with him, probably because you're expected to do much more with him than Nero or V.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

nessisonett

I beat Chapter 10 there and yeah, Dante’s pretty difficult to get style points as. I’ve sorta found a rhythm with Swordmaster but I don’t think I could get a great rank using any of the other styles for now. I’m a little sick of this one boss as well!

LobsterJohnson

Struggling with a chest infection atm so no progress made this week. I Hope everyone is enjoying their time with DMC and have a good weekend.

LobsterJohnson

RogerRoger

@LobsterJohnson Feel better soon, buddy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@nessisonett Yeah, Swordmaster is my main style. It allows you to do all the cool stuff with the devil arms after all. I never really experimented with the other styles, so maybe this playthrough will be a good opportunity to try.

@LobsterJohnson Get well soon!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

nessisonett

@LobsterJohnson Don’t feel in any rush to catch up, focus on getting better!

nessisonett

@DerMeister I reckon we should just push on up to Chapter 15 this week, you think that’s manageable?

DerMeister

@nessisonett Sounds good to me.

DerMeister

Alrighty, I decided to do up to Chapter 16 this week, since it's the end of the "Diverging Point" series.

First gold orb use goes to Ch 15, because I got whacked a few too many times against the boss, who's in my opinion the most annoying fight in the game. I did die on Ch 11 too, but I just replayed the mission instead of using a continue. Let's just say I got cocky with the Royalguard style for a bit and it cost me.

Some extra stuff:
The pocket dimension V gets tossed into in Ch 14 has some goodie to collect, which I didn't know on my first two playthroughs.

If you think Dante's hair for most of the game looks too long, you can give him his shorter hair from before Ch 11 by holding all the shoulder buttons while selecting him on the select screen. It even carries over to cutscenes.

nessisonett

@DerMeister I didn’t know you could do that with Dante’s hair!!! I’m onto Chapter 13 now, really enjoying playing as Dante but especially with the Swordmaster style.

nessisonett

I finished Chapter 15 tonight, it’s definitely feeling like we’re getting close to the end now. I’d assume the last couple of chapters will be just a boss fight like the previous games. It’ll be interesting to see if it surpasses the final boss fight from the third game which is possibly the greatest boss fight of any game I’ve ever played.

@DerMeister I reckon we should probably finish the game this week, sound about right to you?

This means that we should start thinking about the next game we’re tackling! As always, suggest a game or endorse someone else’s pick. The game with the most support will be our target over the coming weeks.

Again, feel free to ask for a tag or to be removed from my lazy copy/paste job. Everybody’s welcome here!
@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Trisque @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers for the tag!

I think the next games up on my to play list are

Yakuza Kiwami (old ps plus game but might be a bit long)
Mafia 1
Spyro 3
Doom Eternal
Heavy Rain
Borderlands 1
The Order 1886

I could be up for any game that's been PS Plus in the last few years though or that I might have/be interested in already!

See ya!

Th3solution

I might be flexible if something different suggested catches my fancy, but these are the next few games I had thought about playing in the near future:

A Plague Tale
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Uncharted Drake’s Fortune
Life is Strange 2
The Outer Worlds

From PS Plus:
Rime
Hitman Season 1

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

I could possibly go in for hitman season 1, I have to check I still have it and it's playable. It comes up a bit weirdly as a ps plus game on my PS4. It's not in the ps plus list in the library but it's in the all section and I definitely didn't buy it

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @Th3solution Hitman would be an interesting one as it’s not really as if you ‘complete’ the level the first time you do it. It would be quite fun to dedicate a week to each level though, doing it in different ways and completing challenges like it was back when I played it episodically. I would be playing it through Hitman 3 as well so it could be interesting to see the differences.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic