Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,131

ralphdibny

Did anyone start DmC5? I'm not personally playing it but I thought I'd post a message just to remind people it's this month's game! Don't want the game club to get lost to the recesses of the forum

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Oh Christ sorry, I’ve been run off my feet and totally forgot. Tomorrow’s Monday so I’ll get right on researching checkpoints for each week and we can start it in the coming days!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Right, I guess we’ll get underway with this month’s game then. There are 20 chapters but I remember them being relatively lengthy so I think we should probably aim for at least the end of Chapter 4 this week as there’s also a prologue. As always, if you do a little more or a little less then that’s OK, just try to contribute to the thread! Again, if you’d like a tag or to be removed from the tag list then just ask too.

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder @ralphdibny @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Trisque @Col_McCafferty

Trisque

@nessisonett I believe I will sit this one out. In fact, I don't usually participate in the Game Club, so you can remove me from the tag list altogether if you desire. Thanks for the tag, however!

Trisque

DerMeister

@nessisonett. Any chance I can get in on this? I've beaten the game twice, but it would be nice to play it with the site members. Nobody in my circle of pals played it, so talking about some DMC would do my mind good since I've been in the mood for the series.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks for the heads-up, but I've never played a Devil May Cry before (beyond a demo which convinced me to... well, to never play a Devil May Cry game!) so I'll just observe with interest.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LobsterJohnson

Having just purchased DMC5, I will definetly be joining in on this session. I need something to fill the Days Gone sizes hole in my gaming life.

LobsterJohnson

RogerRoger

@LobsterJohnson Thank you! I'm fond of swapping my avatar semi-frequently, but I think he's a keeper!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@DerMeister Absolutely, I’ll add you into the big tag wall next time I use it too! I’ve played the first 7 or 8 chapters of this game before but couldn’t really get into it despite loving 3 and 4. Hopefully it’ll stick better this time round!

DerMeister

@nessisonett Sweet. If there's a game I have or I'm interested in, I'd like to participate when I can.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

Th3solution

I also will have to take a pass — mostly because I have a lot going on in my life and I have hit a snag on gaming. Now sure how long it will last. But like @RogerRoger I’ll follow along from afar.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

I played the Prologue and the first two chapters tonight and wow, I forgot just how fun this game was. It’s interesting how much smoother the game feels on Pro considering that it’s also in 4K too. I’m definitely getting into the swing of things although keeping my abilities from my last attempt at the game helps. The motorbike sword thing is an extremely strange mechanic that probably works better with a DualSense in the Special Edition but the rest of Nero’s moveset feels great. V was pretty much my main reason for bouncing off it last time though so hopefully I enjoy his levels a bit more this time round.

DerMeister

@nessisonett I'm only a chapter ahead. Decided to stop before Ch.4, which is where you play as V for the first time. My V skills are likely rusty as heck. I'm grateful this game has a training mode. Thankfully between DMC4 and this game, I'm still good with Nero.

My favorite addition to Nero's moves are definitely the Devil Breakers. They help freshen up his moveset, and it's pretty fun using the different attacks they have.

Playing through this time, I managed to find a blue orb fragment I missed (chapter 2, after the floor breaks in the hotel room) and a secret mission (design on the wall of the shaft before you fight the scissors enemy). Sadly still can't style on Artemis. I nearly died because I wanted higher than a B rank.

colonelkilgore

So I tried DMCV back when it came out, I only gave it around 5 hours or so as Sekiro had just released too and I ended up putting all of my time into that.

I have subsequently heard from many sources just how good DMCV is though, so I'm keen to give it another go. Gonna start at the beginning next time though and play through the whole series, so hopefully by the time that I get to V it'll click with me (as I just felt like I was mashing buttons the last time... people have told me since that there is a deep and fulfilling combat system there).

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@DerMeister I’ve managed to S rank the first two chapters but I think the prologue is impossible to S rank without beating the unrealistic boss. Nero’s really fun to play as even if I miss Dante’s styles.

DerMeister

@nessisonett So far, I'm at A, S, S, A. Gonna do some more chapters today. I'll likely stop at 5 or 6 for the week.

LobsterJohnson

Only made it to chapter 3 so far but I am absolutely loving the art style and cheesy coolness.

LobsterJohnson

DerMeister

So at the end of the week, I stopped at Ch. 5. Managed to S rank V's levels, somehow. I did find more stuff I missed, so now I have more health. I still think that having a puppet fighter in a game like DMC is weird, but interesting with unique challenge.

What would be a good benchmark for this week?

LobsterJohnson

I’ve been completely sidetracked by Wolf Among Us and Kentucky Route Zero, so as a result I’m still on chapter 3 I’m afraid. Will try and cram a few extra this week to catch up. Chapter 10 by next week??

LobsterJohnson

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic