Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,131

Mr_B021

@Kidfried I usually scan for weak spots to highlight them. And use slowdown to help your aim. That should save some arrows. In Frozen Wilds I used tripwires, mines and the ropecaster more often compared to the base game. Especially with the larger robots it really helps to prepare an area with the correct mines and tripwires and try to lure them into it while you keep shooting arrows. It feels really satisfying when a plan comes together.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

R1spam

@RogerRoger that's the place! The bit that struck me were the pools that had formed in the steps. Great screenshots btw 👌! I get that is a difficult balance to strike, I think I've been spoiled by lost legacy, witcher 3 expansions and miles morales, which are all really new games rather than conventional dlc. I re-read my posts and I sound more critical than I intended, hzd is still one of the very few games I've platinumed as I enjoyed its world so much! More crazy machines for forbidden west please!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

RogerRoger

@R1spam Yeah, I thought I had shots capturing those very steps, and seem to remember setting one up, but I guess I must've gotten distracted. And no worries; sometimes it feels wrong to criticise something with such a high overall quality, but other times it just makes the minor problems more obvious. Sony's trend of expanding and separating DLCs into their own games has definitely had an impact!

I think swimming underwater is gonna be the big game-changer for Forbidden West. I know not everybody enjoys underwater levels, but stuff like Shadow of the Tomb Raider has really nailed 'em in recent years, so I trust Guerrilla Games to make them work for everybody.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Mr_B021

@Kidfried They are called traps in game. You craft them in the menu. Then use the directional buttons (left/right) when playing to select them, just like you select a potion. There is also a slingshot which shoots proximity explosive traps. Traps and tripwires can do huge amounts of tear damage and expose weak spots for your arrows to shoot at.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Kidfried

@Mr_B021 Thanks. It's just been so long since I last played it, which was in 2017.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

Kidfried wrote:

Can someone explain Silens to me? I just seen to have forget most details surrounding his character. Main game spoilers allowed of course.

@Kidfried Apologies, I've only just seen your questions, otherwise I'd have replied sooner. Looks like you've been covered for gameplay tips, but I can answer the above.

Sylens was one of the founders of the Eclipse cult. He worked for the HADES corrupted A.I. until it started reviving machines, at which point he became wary of its intentions and built a backdoor into the Focus network, allowing him to hear everything. By the time Aloy joins the Focus network, he's become a wandering explorer who gains people's trust and then tends to betray them, disappearing with technology and information relating to the machines, which he seems to obsess over.

Long story short, he thinks Aloy is the key to learning everything there is to know about the machines, a.k.a. the Old Ones, and therefore starts using her to gain access to places he could never enter. Because of this, he generally acts like an ally, even if it's a self-serving support. He's the one who rescues her from the Sun-Ring, for example, simply because he needs her to unlock more ruins. At the end of the game, after Aloy has defeated (and seemingly killed) HADES, Sylens is seen capturing the corrupted A.I. in a lantern. He vows to learn who awakened it, and walks off into the sunset. Dun dun dunnnn!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger is he still with the Eclipse?

Thanks already, that's very helpful. Totally forgot about it. The Aloy/mother story was really touching and stayed with me, but Silens I kind of forgot about.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried No, he isn't. After he helped create the Eclipse, HADES decided that Sylens had outlived his usefulness and ordered his execution. Sylens heard the order through his backdoor into the Focus network and managed to escape, and is now a fugitive.

He's a twisty-turny sort of character. I didn't really "get" him until my second playthrough and yet, even now, I'm checking everything I'm telling you on the Horizon wiki.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Who’s left to finish then? Do you think we’ll all be done in time for the weekend or should we take another week and start the next game at the start of June?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Ah man, I’m sorry. It’s been unexpectedly busy on my end and I downloaded the game and then never was able to start it. And honestly, I am not likely to have much time outside of an hour or two this weekend. So even delaying a week won’t allow me the time to finish. I think the next game on the docket was something I didn’t own, so I might play Frozen Wilds while you all play the next one 😅

Edit: Dang it! I just checked and the runner up last vote was actually Subnautica, which I do actually own, courtesy of PS+, or Play at Home, or whatever. So maybe I will play that with the group instead and just do Frozen Wilds on my own time. Regardless, I’m fine with moving on anytime, but can’t start the game until after the weekend

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

@nessisonett I'm fine to wait so that anyone still playing or wanting to play can give it a go. I'm playing outer wilds and resi 7 at the minute and both have their hooks into me, especially outer wilds. It can be obtuse at times but am enjoying trying to piece the puzzle of what's happening together.

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam

We’ll be getting underway with Subnautica at the weekend. If anyone has any objections then speak them now! Otherwise, just make sure the game’s installed by the weekend and we can start on Sunday.

Th3solution

Not even certain what Subnautica really is, tbh. Underwater survival game? But I’m willing to try it out. It received pretty decent reviews.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers for the tag!

Has anyone played subnautica before? Any tips on it?

My friend was telling me it was a "survival" game. I don't think I've played one of those before. Unless Metal Gear Survive counts? It sounded quite stressful from how he described it 😅

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yeah, I’ve got it on Steam. It’s basically a survival exploration game in that you explore as much as you can with the resources you have, and then use the stuff you collect to fuel your next expedition. So I think we’ll struggle to ‘complete it’ as such as I think it’s supposed to be quite long before reaching the credits. It was pretty fun from what I played though.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett nice, yeah I think my mate said it was about 30 or so hours when he did it. I think I will try and play along if I have time. It's something that I feel like I'll never get around to playing on my own steam.

I did actually 1000GS it on Xbox for a rewards punchcard using console commands. Barely saw any of the game that way so I didn't spoil it for myself or anything. It certainly looked quite weird and wonderful in my brief glimpses into it!

See ya!

R1spam

I am up for giving it a go, going in completely blind as to what the game is or gameplay is!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic