Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Weekend Quiz MK-II

Posts 141 to 160 of 343

crimsontadpoles

Thanks for having a go at the quiz everyone. Here's the answers, and I'll post the scores in the next post:

1) In Shovel Knight, what kind of gardening tool does the title character use for his primary attack? Shovel

2) In Hitman 2, the Elusive Targets all have special nicknames, such as The Appraiser, The Politician, and The Stowaway. But what nickname was given to Sean Bean's character, Mark Faba? The Undying, as he always returns after seemingly dying.

3) Which game started the "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" meme by having that message on its boxart? Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, or Shin Megami Tensei Lucifer's Call as it was known in Europe.

4) Which one of these isn't a PS2 Sims game? The Sims: Vikings
a. The Sims Bustin' Out
b. The Urbz: Sims in the City
c. The Sims: Vikings
d. The Sims 2: Castaway

5) In the Monster Hunter series, there's plenty of friendly cat-like creatures. They are often found helping around town or in the canteen. What species are they? Felynes

6) Which one of these isn't a world that appeared in the original Rayman game? The Frozen Glades
a. The Dream Forest
b. Band Land
c. Blue Mountains
d. The Frozen Glades
e. Picture City
f. The Caves of Skops
g. Candy Chateau

7) In Red Dead Redemption 2, there have been a lot of people part of the Van der Linde gang. Can you name them? I'll award 1 point for naming at least 5 gang members, and 2 points for naming 10 gang members. For this question, first names or other commonly used names are acceptable answers.
The Red Dead wiki lists around 30 or so different characters, but some of the more notable members include Dutch van der Linde, Hosea Matthews, Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Uncle, Abigail Roberts, Bill Williamson, Javier Escuella, Leopold Strauss, Lenny Summers, Charles Smith, Micah Bell, and Sadie Adler. I'd also accept more questionable characters such as the child Jack Marston, and Cain the camp dog.

Bonus round
Listed below are various monsters and demons. For each of them, name a game or a game series that they appeared in.
8) Metroids: Metroid series
9) Creepers: Minecraft
10) Clickers: The Last of Us
11) Deviljho: Monster Hunter
12) Beached Things (BTs): Death Stranding
13) Drowners: Witcher
14) Liquid Metal Slime: Dragon Quest was the intended answer here. It does seem to appear in the free-to-play mobile spin-off game Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, so I'll accept Final Fantasy as well.
15) Jack Frost & Pyro Jack: Persona or Shin Megami Tensei
16) Temmie: Undertale
17) Metal Heads: Jak series
18) Frostbite Spiders: Elder Scrolls (skyrim)
19) Like Like: The Legend of Zelda
20) Vivillon: Pokemon
21) Monoeye: Kid Icarus
22) Biyomon: Digimon
23) Blargian Snagglebeast: Ratchet and Clank
24) Beheaded Kamikaze: Serious Sam

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

crimsontadpoles

Well done everyone, here are the final scores:

• In last place this week is @Th3solution with 9 points, who was the only one to give a correct answer that I hadn't expected, as the Dragon Quest monster Liquid Metal Slime also appeared in an obscure Final Fantasy spin-off game.
  • Then there's a 3-way tie, with @ralphdibny, @WanderingBullet, and @BearsEatBeets just ahead on 11 points.
  • In 3rd place is @Tjuz with 13 points.
  • In 2nd place is @RogerRoger with 14 points.
  • Then our runaway winner who managed to get an impressive 20 points is @nessisonett

Does anyone want to volunteer to do next week's quiz?

nessisonett

Wow, I was not expecting that! Can’t believe I managed to get the Digimon one, haven’t been near those games in years 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tjuz

@crimsontadpoles Third!!! I think that must be a record for me. Seems like I got lucky with some answers like Serious Sam and Skyrim too, as I truly had no idea and have never played those games. Thanks for the quiz!

If no one else was hoping to do next week, I'd be happy to do it.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Happy with silver, thanks! Excellent quiz and congratulations to @nessisonett for such a runaway victory! Nicely done!

Looking forward to seeing what @Tjuz cooks up next!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

Here's this week's quiz!

ROUND 1 - Trivia Tangle

We begin the quiz with a short group of trivia questions. Each correct answer is worth 1 point. Just 5 points here, but it could mean the difference between victory or defeat!

1. 2020 has undoubtedly been the year of delays. Can you name at least 6 games that were delayed at least once this year?

2. The developers of indie darling Firewatch, Campo Santo, haven't released a game since their debut. Do you know what happened to them?

3. We got a fist look at the next-gen Ratchet & Clank game at the PS5 reveal. Do you remember how many worlds Ratchet visited in the demo?

4. The Telltale brand was able to rise from the dead when a new company took a hold of it, and is currently working on The Wolf Among Us 2. However, there is one project they have already released. What was new-Telltale's first release?

5. The Last of Us 2 received a lot of criticism over its inclusion of a transgender character. What other game this year features a transgender character in a prominent role?

ROUND 2 - Quote Conundrum

For this round, I need to know what character said what quote and in which game they said it. You will get one point for the name of the character, and one for mentioning the correct game. The game should be specific, as just mentioning the franchise will not result in any points. Total of 16 points up for grap here!

1. "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer."
2. "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
3. "Good men mean well. We just don’t always end up doing well."
4. "What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves."
5. "It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield."
6. "Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It is what we fight with when all else is lost."
7. "I've struggled a long time with surviving, but no matter what you have to find something to fight for."
8. "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword."

ROUND 3 - Troublesome Trailers

In this final round, you'll be listening to a video featuring a total of twelve ten second(-ish) fragments of audio taken from video game trailers. Each clip has its own designated number, and your aim is to answer as many of the correct games with the right number as you can! Since this is probably the hardest round, you will receive two points for each correct answer. That means there's 24 points up for grabs! See the link below:

That's it! In total there are 45 available points. I'll be closing the quiz somewhere Monday afternoon/evening. Good luck!

Tjuz

crimsontadpoles

@Tjuz Now this is an excellent quiz. I'm not going to do well on this one, but it sure is enjoyable.

ROUND 1 - Trivia Tangle
1. Cyberpunk 2077, Halo: Infinite, The Last Of Us 2, Watch Dogs: Legion, Far Cry 6, Ghost of Tsushima. I'm fairly sure about the first three, but the last three are just guesses.
2. Been working on a new game that's taking years to make perhaps?
3. 6. I'm guessing they warped around Metropolis a lot, so I went with a lower number than what my gut is telling me.
4. The Walking Dead Episode 5 maybe?
5. Can't remember. Would it be cheating to say Cyberpunk 2077 depending on what the player chooses during character customisation?

1. Jim, Ghost of Tsushima. It's got to be GoT, surely. Jim's the only character name I know, though I doubt he said it.
2. Diane, Hitman 2. No idea where this quote is from, but it sounds annoyingly familiar.
3. Rathalos, Monster Hunter World
4. Dandelion, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
5. Random soldier, Call of Duty Modern Warfare
6. Kyoko Kirigiri, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. I don't recognise the quote, but the word "hope" has me suspecting that it might be from one of the Danganronpa games.
7. Arthur Morgan, Red Dead Redemption 2
8. Senua, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

ROUND 3 - Troublesome Trailers
1. Destiny 2
2. Mass Effect Andromeda
3. Far Cry 6
4. Nier Automata
5. The Last Of Us 2
6. Resident Evil 3 Remake
7. The Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor
8. Star Wars: Fallen Order
9. Days Gone
10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
11. Cyberpunk 2077
12. Borderlands

It was very fun racking my brain trying to remember where the quotes and trailers were from. There's going to be a lot of "of course, I should have got that one" moments when I see the answers

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Holy moley, what a quiz! It's right about now that I'm wishing I watched more trailers. Hopefully this pint of coffee I just made will spark a few lucky guesses!

Round 1: Trivia Tangle
1) LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga got delayed the other day. Final Fantasy VII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, WATCH_DOGS: Legion, The Last of Us, Part II and Marvel's Avengers have all been delayed at various points as well, haven't they?
2) They got purchased by Valve a couple years back, and they're supposedly working on a new game, called The Valley of the Gods or something.
3) Oh, I wasn't paying that much attention. Let's say... five.
4) Was this the re-release of their Batman game? I think it's full title was Batman: Shadow Edition and you could play with a noir filter on everything.
5) It's the Dontnod game, the one exclusive to Xbox. Which I can't remember the title of. Damn it.

Round Two: Quote Conundrum
1) Ah, that'd be Javik, from Mass Effect 3.
2) It's famous, but I don't know why. Let's say it's Mario, after he finally finds the right castle.
3) Couldn't tell you. A talking fridge in The Sims.
4) Despite never having played an Assassin's Creed game, I'm gonna guess, well... that.
5) "Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE?!" The ever-quotable Metal Gear Solid there.
6) Sounds like a Star Wars line, but I know it isn't. Call the lawyers!
7) Hmm, surviving... survival horror, maybe? Chris Redfield, in that recent first-person Resident Evil reboot? It's a guess, but an educated one, I reckon.
8) Trying to think of modern games that sentiment would fit. Hellblade, maybe?

Round 3: Troublesome Trailers
1) Some kind of Far Cry, perhaps?
2) Mass Effect: Andromeda.
3) Red Dead Redemption 2.
4) Um... what was the pirate Assassin's Creed, was it Black Flag?
5) I think I hear a crow. Dishonoured.
6) Animal Crossing: Welcome to Murderville.
7) Dragon Age Inquisition.
8) ADR1FT.
9) God, how many games have that line?! Duke Nukem Forever.
10) Heavy footsteps, scared girl, bit of a "glug" at the end... BioShock. Let's say the second one.
11) I think I recognise those grunts. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
12) Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

Well, I threw myself at the mercy of my guesswork there, especially in the third round!

That was really fun! Thank you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I've spent some time pondering the quotes but think I've got all I'm going to, so here is my usual stab in the dark.

1. The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077, Final Fantasy VII, Halo Infinite and Avengers(?).
2. They were brought by Valve and helped out on Half-Life Alex. Hopefully they will get a chance to go back to the Egypt based game they started.
3. I remember the rail place, pirate ship type place, dragons and sci-fi city. I'll hope I didn't forget one and say 4 worlds.
4. I've played and enjoyed most of Telltale's stuff but this must have slipped me by.
5. I'm going to assume this in something I've not played as I can't remember anyone other than Lev so pass for this.

1. This I'm certain is Javik (hope that's spelled correct) the Prothean from Mass Effect 3.
7. This is definitely Joel but not totally certain if from the original or part 2, but got a felling it's The Last of Us 2.
8. Not certain but think this is Ghost of Tsushima, and going with Lord Shimura.

Unfortunately I have zip from the trailers.

At least that should be quick to score, good quiz though @Tjuz

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

Alrighty! Lemme take a stab at these! —

1. The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs Legion, and DOOM Eternal
2. They were purchased by Microsoft, weren’t they?
3. I think we saw about 7 worlds (total guess)
4. The Walking Dead The Final Season
5. I can only think of Cyberpunk 2077 having the options to keep the gender of V fluid with “customizable genitals” so I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to
————
1. That was stated by a character in Mass Effect 3. I’m blanking on the character name.
2. Sounds like it’s from a Mafia game. Maybe Mafia 3.
3. Arthur Morgan from RDR2?
4. I think that’s an Assassin’s Creed 2 (? not sure on the entry) quote. I forget who said it.
5. Solid Snake in MGS1
6. Not sure — maybe something Final Fantasy?
7. Joel in The Last of Us
8. Sounds familiar but I’m not sure I remember.... Raiden in MGS2?
————
This section is tough! I’m just going to put down the first game that comes to mind. ...Kinda like a Rorschach test for audio clips:
1. Days Gone
2. Ratchet & Clank
3. Skyrim
4. Monster Hunter a World
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Final Fantasy 14
8. Alien Isolation
9. Mad Max
10. Far Cry Primal
11. Soul Calibur 6
12. Overwatch

Thanks for that quiz! Very enjoyable, although I feel pretty sure I didn’t score well.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

ROUND 1 - Trivia Tangle
1. Last of us part 2, ghost of Tsushima, metroid prime 4, halo infinite, doom eternal for Nintendo switch, the outer worlds for switch (basically most switch ports lol) and just on case some of these are wrong I'll take a stab at crysis remastered and doom 64 for switch (delayed from Nov 19 to march 20) and uhh final fantasy 7 remastered officially but most people got their copies before the original release date anyway...
2. They got sucked into their own game, they still exist but digitally, constantly reliving the events of firewatch over and over again
3. I'm Gona guess at 27
4. Technically it was the rest of the walking dead the final season. I think the first episode came out before they folded and the rest of it came after. Also they've added random updates and rereleased the batman games
5. Woah spoilers! Somehow I've managed to miss that news but it shouldn't actually be a spoiler but I'm guessing since it wasn't in any spoiler free articles that I've read then it must be a spoiler! Anyway, the answer is Tell Me Why, we are still waiting for your thoughts on it in the pure Xbox game club thread!
1. Mr. Pickleybum - For Honor
2. Mickey Mouse - Grand theft auto: Disney world
3. Me when I was taking my GCSEs - 30 y.o bum regrets his past (pegi 18)
4. Ezio auditore - assassin's creed odyssey (tax audit dlc)
5. Tifa - ff7 remake...total guess
6. Superman - superman 64
7. Chris - metal gear survive
8. Charles Xavier - XXX-Men: my mind is bigger than your sword!
ROUND 3:
1.nba 2k21
2.lets sing! U2 go to church
3.ghost of Tsushima
4.pink Floyd dark side of the Knack 3
5.soul caliber 6
6.farming simulator 20
7.spider man
8. Control
9. 28 days later with a random American general
10. Running around with percussion - marching band simulator?
11.something with Michael Jackson and Eddie murphy?
12. No idea what trailer this was used for, umm lip sync battle: the videogame

Sorry @tjuz I I knew hardly any answers!!

See ya!

Kidfried

1 Cyberpunk 2020, The Last Of Us 2,
2 They got bought by Steam
3 7
4 Walking Dead last episode (don't let this be a Sam and Max game!)
5 Catherine Full Body for Switch?

1 Ghost of Tsushima, Jin?
2 Half Life 2 (G-Man?)
3 Dragon Age 2?
4 Assassins Creed 3, Juno?
5 Solid Snake in MGS
6 Sounds a bit Japanese. I'm going to say some of those dudes from FFXV
7 Sounds like TLOU, Joel?
8 Senua's Sacrifice sounds like, Senua?

1 Bioshock Infinite?
2 Metal Gear Solid 4
3 Obra Dinn
4 black flag
5 Dark Souls
6 resident evil 7
7 dark souls
8 mass effect 3
9 sounds like one of those "goofy FPS", I'm going to say Rage?
10 I hear marching sounds, someone on the run and some water beast sounds. Dishonored 2?
11 Machines and sword fighting. Could be MGS: Revengance?
12 Sounds like another goofy FPS. I already said Rage, so Wolfenstein: New Blood?

Kidfried

Tjuz

Thank you all for trying out the quiz! In hindsight, it may have been a little bit too hard... it's always hard to anticipate what is easy and hard to you gaming fanatics. Glad to see y'all still decided to give it a shot though, and on the bright side, the ridiculous difficulty of the quiz makes the results totally scattershot. Anyone can win! Without further ado, let's move on to the results. These were the answers:

ROUND 1

2. The developers of indie darling Firewatch, Campo Santo, haven't released a game since their debut. Do you know what happened to them? = I was looking for either Valve's acquisition or their work on Half-Life Alyx to be mentioned. I didn't count mentions of In the Valley of the Gods, because that's an incomplete summary of what is going on with them.

3. We got a fist look at the next-gen Ratchet & Clank game at the PS5 reveal. Do you remember how many worlds Ratchet visited in the demo? 6

4. The Telltale brand was able to rise from the dead when a new company took a hold of it, and is currently working on The Wolf Among Us 2. However, there is one project they have already released. What was new-Telltale's first release? Their first release was a Shadows edition of the Batman Telltale games.

5. The Last of Us 2 received a lot of criticism over its inclusion of a transgender character. What other game this year features a transgender character in a prominent role? This would be Dontnod's newest game, Tell Me Why. I didn't count games where you can optionally play as a transgender player, since people could choose not to have one in a prominent role there.

ROUND 2

1. "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer." - Javik, Mass Effect 3

2. "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world." - G-Man, Half-Life 2

3. "Good men mean well. We just don’t always end up doing well." - Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 3

4. "What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves." - Clay Kaczmarek, Assassin's Creed: Revelations

5. "It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield." - Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid

6. "Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It is what we fight with when all else is lost." - Pandora, God of War 3

7. "I've struggled a long time with surviving, but no matter what you have to find something to fight for." - Joel, The Last of Us

8. "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword." - Dillion, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

ROUND 3

1. BioShock Infinite
2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
3. Return of the Obra Dinn
4. Dishonored
5. Divinity: Original Sin 2
6. Alien Isolation
7. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
8. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
9. Rage
10. Inside
11. Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance
12. The Outer Worlds

Which means that the score is as follows...

In 6th place, @crimsontadpoles with 2 points.

In 5th place, @ralphdibny with 3 points.

In shared 3rd place, @BearsEatBeets and @Th3solution with 5 points each.

In 2nd place.... @RogerRoger with 10 points.

Which means the winner is... @Kidfried with a grand total of 15 points!

Congratulations to Kidfried and thank you to everyone else for participating! The difficulty made for some very amusing answers nonetheless. I'll leave next week's quiz up in the open for anyone to claim, since I'm not quite sure who has and hasn't made on recently, but Kidfried's got dibs as our winner if he's up to it.

Some fun scoring facts:

• Only one person managed to correctly answer the question about the Ratchet demo: crimsontadpoles!
  • Alien: Isolation was correctly mentioned as one of the trailers only once, by Th3solution, but was unfortunately put with the wrong number.
  • Four people were able to deduce Assassin's Creed as the fourth quote, but no one got either the character or name correctly.
  • Ghost of Tsushima was mentioned eight times, despite not making an appearance in the quiz.
  • The most recognised quotes were Javik's in ME3 and Joel's in TLOU.
  • Two people tried to cheat my system by mentioning Cyberpunk 2077 as the answer to the fifth trivia question!
  • The Dead Space 3 and God of War 3 quotes were the only ones no one was even able to get close to. Sucks to be a third entry in a franchise.

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz Great Job! That was one of the tougher ones but enjoyable nonetheless. Proud of my 3rd place. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

That was a really nice quiz. Especially because I was able to make educated guesses a lot. Made for some wrong answers, but apparently enough right ones too.

Nice quiz. I think this quiz was hard, but a lot of fun too. The right balance, I suppose!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

BearsEatBeets

@Tjuz I've found it tricky with my goes doing the quiz to judge if it's too hard or not. At the end of the day we all on an equal footing regardless and it was a fun varied quiz. I never thought I'd be getting third (joint) when I submitted my answers, I think that equals my best.
@RogerRoger seems to have mastered the art of second place, isn't that quite a few silver medals now?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Awesome! Great quiz, thanks for running it. Not that it would've made any difference, but I figured my tactical deployment of the oft-yelled "Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!!" was enough to secure me the identification point, but you're the (big) boss! Should've made it clearer! Agree with the other comments, this was a tough set of questions, but they were good-tough and fun-tough. Nicely balanced!

@BearsEatBeets That is, yeah. A far cry from the awkward days when I always used to wind up winning, but it speaks to the diversity and innovation we've seen here recently, I suppose!

@Kidfried I know you're running the character tourney at the moment, but do you feel up to creating the next quiz as well? No pressure either way!

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@RogerRoger Haha, my god. I really am ridiculous. Of course that's what you meant with the Snaaaakee quote! For some reason I did not read it that way and just assumed you maybe meant Otacon said it. Never mind me, I'll give you your point retroactively.

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@Tjuz No, you're right, it wasn't clear! Rules are rules (and let's be honest, my nine points are about eight more than I expected to get anyway, so I'm more than happy regardless)!

Making It So Since 1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.