Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 561 to 580 of 760

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant I loved the bit where Alonso commented on a Stroll overtake, which he must have seen on a big screen, whilst driving an F1 car in a podium position! Part of me is gutted there wasn't a way Vettel could have stayed for one more year and still have Alonso. I think that would have been a lot of fun.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets yeah that was fun. Fernando’s always been a big brain on the track, uses everything to his advantage and has an almost telepathic ability to know what going on on track. See it time and time again he is like a chess player several moves ahead.

Seb and Fernando would be a dangerous pairing, now they are both older and wiser they’d likely be good teammates unlike when young. I miss Seb! A good dude.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

What a crazy qualifying session so far. This is probably going to be more exciting than the race tomorrow though.

BearsEatBeets

AdamNovice

Bloody visor cam around Monaco is terrifying lol

AdamNovice

Twitter:

BearsEatBeets

@AdamNovice Could you imagine if in the future you could watch that in VR. That would be amazing and terrifying.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

The Monaco grid is an absolute joke, get the celebrities out of there.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Wow this qualifying is throwing up some surprises without the rain. Come on Lando.

BearsEatBeets

KAIRU

Interesting qualifying session. Red Bull is still so superior. Will be another Sunday cruise for Verstappen tomorrow.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

BearsEatBeets

@KAIRU Yeah I tend to ignore Verstappen at the moment as he's in a different league in that car. The race from 2nd down though is looking nicely mixed up. Pleased to see Lando right near the top, I hope that McLaren is as good in the race tomorrow. Maybe some rain again to really spice it up.

BearsEatBeets

KAIRU

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, I’m hoping Alonso, Hulk, and Gasly can all work miracles tomorrow as they’re in my Fantasy F1 team.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

themightyant

Shame for Norris on Lap 1 but he didn’t react quickly enough to cars ahead that were always going to break. Interesting that both Mercs got ahead of both Aston Martins with DRS.Definitely an upgrade for them. Russell got a Mario kart like turbo boost off the line.

@BearsEatBeets Agreed Max and RBR in another league. The fact they didn’t even have to put in a final Quali lap despite the track improving and STILL beating everyone by half a second is crazy.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant yeah gutted for Lando. Strangely not been doing much since the nose change stop either, ending up pitting again before some had even done one stop.
Cracking race so far though, overtakes all over the place. Mercs looking strong.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Pretty good race to watch. Great race for Mercedes, especially George. To think he actually started outside the points and behind Perez so outperformed a RB.
I wonder if Max will beat the record for earliest title win, I have to imagine he will be close.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets yes indeed. Though most of that was on Lap 1 for George, thought he was a little lucky not to get penalised, as even if he (debatably) didn’t gain a position by going off track, he definitely gained an advantage by being clear of who he was competition with. But it was a marginal call, could go either way and oroby better than the likely accident alternative. From there Perez was faster and made up more places.

Regardless a massive step for Mercedes, they will hope it’s not just a one off and it wasn’t just because the track and temps suited their car. I agree it was enjoyable race.

themightyant

KAIRU

If Mercedes keep up this form, there’ll be a few changes made to my Fantasy F1 team.

sorteddan

A friend was at mine during qualy and stated that they should just give Max the 25 points and have the race without him as it would be a better, more competitive spectacle. After watching the race yesterday I think he might be on to something.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

themightyant

@sorteddan Sad but true. I find myself hoping something happens to his car, a damaged wing, a collision on the first corner, just to give us a better spectacle. Even a heroic recovery from Max, charging through the field having been a lap down on Lap 1.

Sergio's a good driver on his day but is just not consistent enough, he'll win a race or two but not much more. Add to that Max is at the top of his game in a car that suits his driving style. He's like Hamilton, Schumacher and a few others, breathtakingly fast over one lap, but more crucially relentlessly consistent, lap after lap, race after race.

themightyant

KAIRU

I guess we're just waiting for the weekend Max DNF's so we can have a proper fight for a race win. If only I could predict if and when he'll DNF so I can take him out of my Fantasy team that weekend.

themightyant

@KAIRU it will likely be the weekend Checo is on it and it will still be an easy, if less emphatic, RBR win. I still think RBR and sandbagging a bit. We would need a double incident. Aston and Merc should gang up and take them out. For the team!

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic