Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 661 to 680 of 861

KisekiFan7

There are rumors that Sony's censorship is bleeding into Funimation, now that Sony owns the animation publisher. I wonder if this is why a ton of series inexplicably vanished from the Funimation Now service?

Edited on by KisekiFan7

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Waves of Adventure and Role Playing PS4 Community: Join Today!

Twitter:

Areus

@TowaHerschel7 i looked into this it seems funimation is having some software problems and are looking into it.also I'am not sure if the censorship is company wide or just in the gaming division as i haven't heard anything about them censoring anime music and movies.

Edited on by Areus

Areus

PSN: Toshiromaru

Zukato

Recommend me some good romance in anime that came out in the last 5 years.

Edited on by Zukato

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaFaith | Twitter:

Tasuki

Not sure what you would consider a romance but Fushigi Yuugi has always been my favorite Anime (as noted by my user name).

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WanderingBullet

@Zukato I can only recommend Ore Monogatari!! (My Love Story!!) since I don't watch a whole a lot of romance genre anime.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RR529

@Zukato, I quite enjoyed KuroMakuro, which is on Netflix here in the US. It's not strictly a romance series, but a mecha series where the romance between the two leads is a very core element, kinda like Eureka 7, which is older, but if you haven't seen it I urge you to (it's one of my favorite anime).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Zukato

Added all the suggestions to my MAL account. Thanks, everyone. It's been a long time since I finished watching Eureka Seven (that one needs a re-watch). Loved everything about it back then.

Edited on by Zukato

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaFaith | Twitter:

Ryall

Just watched Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan episode 48 definitely messes with my sense of humour.

Ryall

RR529

Finished up the Last Hope on Netflix a couple days ago.

What is it: A mecha (though it quickly becomes Super Robot) series that sees what's left of humanity surviving inside fortified defense cities after an accident at a new type of energy reactor causes Earth's biome to rapidly evolve, and now giant robots are humanity's best hope against the highly adaptive biological/mechanized creatures that have evolved into existence.

Content guide:

Violence - Mild. Some people get pretty bloody after their mech is badly damaged, and there's some bloody imagery with one of the character's backstory, but it's not a particularly gory show.

Sex - Mild. One female character has an improbably large chest, and (particularly early on) the camera will focus on it when she comes on screen (sometimes with some jiggle physics) for a few seconds, but that's it (and she even dresses pretty modestly).

Language - Mild. Typical PG-13 type offenses.

How'd I like it: I wasn't completely sold on it at first (a lot of the monsters are ugly & overdesigned, but that may make some sense given the lore), and they quickly introduced some Asian mysticism into the mix which I wasn't on board for (for a show about giant robots), but I actually grew to like the characters so I stuck with it. Also glad that it actually had a satisfying ending, which is more than I can say about some other Netflix anime (even ones I generally liked more).

Watched Godzilla: Monster Planet tonight on Netflix. I'd watched it before back when it first released, but as that's been over a year ago I decided to rewatch it as a refresher before watching the other two parts, which I've yet to watch, but plan to soon.

What is it: An anime film that centers on the efforts of humanity to try & reclaim Earth from Godzilla after they gave in to his aggressions years ago and fled into space. It's the first part in a three film trilogy.

Content guide:

Violence - Mild. The most shocking moment comes in an early part where you see blood spray on a wall after an unnamed character commits suicide, but that's far and away more extreme than anything else in the film. It's mostly just war machinery being destroyed otherwise, where you don't see the people inside.

Sex - None.

Language - Mild. Typical PG-13 type stuff.

How'd I like it: I remember not being too hot on it the last time I watched it, but for whatever reason it clicked with me more this go around, so I'm pretty excited for the other parts now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WanderingBullet

So I wasn't even aware of this until today.

Not sure about the casting choices but John Cho's a pretty decent actor and I liked Mustafa Shakir as Bushmaster in Luke Cage. I read that Death Note was really bad so I'm hoping they don't mess up this one.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet Yeah i saw that a bit back and i'm still unsure about it, Cho has the acting chops don't get me wrong but i don't think he has the charisma to do Spike justice

still the proof in is the pudding, so to speak and until we see him in action i'm holding my judgment

also Death Note wasn't that bad, definitely inferior to the original work but it's not bad but i think changing th setting from Japan to America is probably what caused the most hate, you know what puritans are like, me i never had an issue with that, made it feel fresh, same with the Ghost in the Shell movie

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

Looking forward to this!

Kinda surprised that they didn't use Toriyama's art style but it still looks pretty cool.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo

been sorting out all my games and when i found these i thought, "I kinda miss when Bandai Namco didn't have a monopoly on Anime games, there was a lot more variety then"

Untitled

yeah these games wasn't the best but they are still fun and did something different to the usual one on one fighters we always seem to get now

lets hope Dragon Ball Z Kakarot is the start of a more diverse selection of Anime titles

also i have this too (thank goodness for CodeJunkies and their region free disc)

Untitled

and even though i don't understand a word of the text in the game it's still more fun to play than Jump Force

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet as long as they do the upscaling right, Anime can look terrible in HD with a bad upscaling

RR529

Godzilla 2: City on the Edge of Battle (Netflix original film) - sequel to Godzilla: Monster Planet that sees the remnents of humanity hoping to push back against Godzilla after they discover that the old Mechagodzilla project abandoned thousands of years prior may be salvagable. Has a message about not overly relying on technology and cold logic.

Violence - Mild: Just imagery of war machinery being destroyed and stuff like that. Notging gory.

Sex - None.

Language - Mild: Just your typical PG-13 type stuff.

How'd I like it? It was pretty decent, although I wish that they had kept around a Mechagodzilla in it's traditional form, albiet larger to combat Godzilla Earth. As is, it kinda plays out like the battle from the first movie, just on a larger scale.

Godzilla 3: the Planet Eater (Netflix original film) - The final entry in the trilogy that sees what's left of humanity falling into a cult that promises to destroy Godzilla by summoning their god, King Ghidora (of course this doesn't end up being the best idea). This one has a message about not overly relying on religion or the occult.

Violence - Medium: It's not particularly gory, but does have the most disturbing imagery out of all these films, including a scene that indicates a character was cooked alive just a dream though, a scene where peoples' bodies are being eaten alive by an etheral force (albiet with no gore), and a character's face, clothes, & hands are covered in blood after sustaining damage to their eye.

Sex - Mild: A female character strips down, although nothing is shown, and the scene is presented in a more poignant way.

Language - Mild: Again, just typical PG-13 stuff.

How'd I like it? Again, it was pretty decent, but I wouldn't put the film (or the entire trilogy) on my list of favorite anime movies. I still appreciate that they did something really new with the Godzilla IP, though, as there's nothing else in the Kaiju's long history quite like these films, and they're still worth a look if you're into anime or Godzilla. While he definitely had a sense of scale & power, I wasn't a huge fan of Ghidora's design here.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

FullbringIchigo

so the trailer for the Netflix Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac trailer just dropped and i was wondering what people thought

personally i have a soft spot for this franchise and it's doesn't looks too bad really

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic