Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,072

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Yeah it goes by Detectiv Conan in Germany. Don’t know why it never picked up in the UK/US as it’s still very popular in Germany.
You find manga in pretty much every bookstore over there.
They probably should’ve gone with ‘Detective Conan’ as Shinichi got his first name from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle- so there is that British connection.

My cousin has spent an absolute fortune on the series. She’s been collecting the Volumes for years. I pick up some of the character bundles every time I go down there & read online.
Think I last stopped at chapter 730ish- the manga is at 1010 & it’s still ongoing 😂😂.
Do you still keep up with it or intend to?

He’s still a kid.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yeah I am not sure why it never became popular here in the US or why they changed the name here.

I first saw the series on a cable channel here about 10 - 15 years ago. This cable channel would run various anime from 9pm to 3am like Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Case Closed, Naruto, DBZ and a few others. But for some reason Case Closed only ran a for a bit where as the others were on constantly. I have read various reasons as to why it was so short lived in the US. Ratings being a big one but then I also heard on who owned the rights to it to market it here in the states.

As for following it sadly no. I have read some of the manga series, and seen some of the anime series as well but the length of it and the amount of spare time I have made it hard for me to keep up with it, but in all honesty that's true of all anime/manga for me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki the name was changed for legal reasons in the UK and U.S mainly because of the name Conan and funimation holds the US rights but they said ages ago the series is just far too big for them to carry on with and it would mean taking resources from other more popular franchises

although Netflix and Crunchyroll have some subbed episodes

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo Yeah that's what I figured here in the US it seems Funimation has a monoploy on anime after they bought out Viz and ADV I think it was which is really bad because they as you stated just put out the popular one like Naruto, Inuyasha etc and other ones are over looked. One reason I don't watch much anime anymore is I don't care for subtitles and the "popular" ones just don't grab me like other no popular ones do.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki funimation don't own Viz, they are owned by Shueisha, Shogakukan and ShoPro but they do work with them as for ADV they went bankrupt and funimation brought some of their properties but not the company themselves, i believe Sentai Filmworks now own ADV

although now Sony own funimation that means they might get some access to some of Aniplex's titles as they too are owned by Sony

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@ZurapiiYohane I don't know, I would rank Case Close right up there with Scooby Doo, it's a mystery show type but there's no more violence in it then say Inuyasha.

@FullbringIchigo Ah ok. I just can't keep up with all the acquisitions they made 😂

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane yeah most of the murders are shown in such as way as they don't really show any violence

Jaz007

Are there any dubbing companies besides funimation now? I like them, but please tell me they don’t have a monopoly on dubbing anime now.

@ZurapiiYohane Kids shows used to show people die. Speed Racer, Transformers, if you go back people died. It wasn’t a weird policy that messes up shows like Avatar at some point.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Yeah it’s a lot to keep up with. I do like stacking up the chapters and then binge reading them in bed.
@ZurapiiYohane Haha I love that episode! The best bit was Shinichi asking Ran if he could see her Bra just so that he could be sure 😂😂.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

crimsontadpoles

I've finished watching all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I don't usually binge-watch anything, but I did end up watching all 5 of the remaining episodes this evening since I was eager to know what was going to happen.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable was brilliant, but I do prefer the earlier seasons. It was a slower pace than previous seasons, and had more filler. Still, it was well worth watching.

WanderingBullet

@crimsontadpoles Have you watched the 1993 OVA series? Of all the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series I've watched, that one's my favourite. Animation quality wise (except for maybe the color), I think it still holds up really well today.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

ArkhamKnerd

Has anyone been watching the Persona 5 anime? I haven't played the game since beating it last May, so I'm loving getting the chance to get the story and see the characters again.

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

FullbringIchigo

@ArkhamKnerd not yet as i still haven't played the game yet and i don't know if the anime will spoil anything

Jaz007

@ArkhamKnerd I’m waiting for the dub to come out.
@FullbringIchigo I assume it would, and in my opinion, Persona 5 is the greatest story and game of all time, so avoid spoilers all you can.

Jaz007

ArkhamKnerd

@Jaz007 I love Persona 5 so much I'll watch it now subbed and gladly buy the blu ray (if it'll have one) and watch it again dubbed! 😁
@FullbringIchigo I'm sure it'll have all the spoilers. It's following the game very closely so far. There's only been 4 episodes so far but everything has been spot on to the game.

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Hapuc

@ArkhamKnerd It's been following the game spot on srsly or are we watching two different shows.
And Damn dude you must be filthy rich to buy all the blu rays I mean to get all the volumes you will need around 850$ give or take.

Hapuc

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic