Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,074

Jaz007

I just started watching the second season of AoT today. Dang, it's amazing and nerve wracking as ever to watch. I just finished an episode a bit past 30. the last thing that happened was Erin and Reinner, the armored titan started fighting. Man what a betrayal and reveal. So nonchalant. It's incredible what they've done to everyone, and you feel sad and angry at the same time. Woooh. Also, when the scouts were dying defending the castle tower. Oh my gosh, that one death where she was saying dad stop it, that was nuts. Horrible horrible death, and what a awful way to tell that someone got abused growing up. Man, that one hit me. I can't wait to watch more tomorrow morning.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

BranJ0

@RR529 Ah wow, that list is certainly gonna keep me busy for a while, thank you so much!

I've also heard of Attack of Titan and Tokyo Ghoul as some other good animes, what are your thoughts on them?

BranJ0

FullbringIchigo

Hey did anyone see the teaser trailer for the upcoming Dragon Ball Super movie, the animation looks incredible

EDIT: i tried embedding the video here so you could watch it without having to go to twitter but it wont let me @Tasuki perhaps you or @get2sammyb would be able to do it IF the forums allow it that is

2nd EDIT: never mind i found a version on youtube

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane yeah i heard those too and i guess it makes sense although i'm getting some serious Super Saiyan 4 vibes from him in his design

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RR529

@BranJ0, I personally never got into either, but both are pretty popular (especially AoT), so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't look into them. They're both very dark like Death Note (which is another one I personally didn't care for, so it may just be a taste thing on my part), and you liked that one.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

themcnoisy

All you need is Kill.

Its manga groundhog day. Really good, great art and a quick read.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

Goku kinda looks younger in the movie teaser. Does it take place before or after the current DBS tournament? Speaking of the DBS tournament, why does the 48 minutes match take so many episodes to complete? Is time slowed down?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet it takes place after, it's just a change in art style to help them create a more fluid and dynamic animation

as for the time limit in the Tournament of Power well there could be many reason from the famed "Dragon Ball Time" to yes things being slowed down so we can "see" it but personally i think that the Zen-oh's just stopped the clock because they was having fun, it's not like they didn't change the rules before such as letting Roshi use that Jar or letting Caulifla and Kale use the Potara Fusion earrings

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Lol, interesting. I've been following DBS ever since the tournament arc started and the 48 minutes seems like an eternity.

RR529

Don't think about it too literally, back in Z they streched a 5 minute period over several episodes (I think the time inbetween Frieza's death ball impacting and planet Namek's explosion was supposed to be only 5 minutes in show).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 to be fair Frieza is actually quite Old and we don't know how long intervals of time are on his home world, that really could have been 5 minutes from his point of view

not every world runs on earth time, remember on Namek one of their years was equal to roughly 4 earth months

RR529

FullbringIchigo wrote:

@RR529 to be fair Frieza is actually quite Old and we don't know how long intervals of time are on his home world, that really could have been 5 minutes from his point of view

not every world runs on earth time, remember on Namek one of their years was equal to roughly 4 earth months

That is... reeeaally over thinking it. I mean it could "technically" be true, but when Toriyama was originally writing it he probably put down 5 minutes, because it's probably supposed to be 5 minutes. It doesn't make any less sense than everyone in the universe speaking English (or Japanese, I should say), which is just done to make things make easy sense to the reader/viewer.

This isn't a criticism by the way. A lot of anime will stretch a relatively short period of time over an entire arc (I think the entire Buu arc lasted only 2 or 3 days, for example).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

FullbringIchigo

@RR529 yeah passage of time in DB is a bit strange but when you think about it in the original Manga that kind of thing isn't an issue

Jaz007

I watched My Name today. Excellent movie. Beautifully animated and a moving plot. I usually don’t like the body swap idea in anime, but it was utilized very well here. I’d easily reccomend it.
I’m rewatching the first season of AoT with my mom since I convinced her to try it (first anime series she’s ever watched), we watched one episode the first day because it was a bit heavy emotionally, but then we watched 7 the next day because she couldn’t wait to see what happened next. She kept trying to prey spoilers from me too lol. Also though, it’s really interesting to watch the first season after seeing the second season. Little details were done so well. It’s also a good reminder.

Jaz007

WanderingBullet

Might pre-order both Mary and the Witch's Flower and Batman Ninja. Only problem is that I couldn't find any info on whether the Batman Ninja Blu-ray+DVD comes with dual-audio or not.

Jaz007

I started watching Parasote and Assassination Classroom.
Assassination Classroom is excellent; I’m 6 episodes in. The idea is very creative and interesting. The dynamic between the octopus teacher and the student is very interesting, you love him but still root for the students and hope succeed when they try to kill him. I wish I could’ve gone tot hat class. Perfect teacher and be tonight to be an assassin, count me in!
Parasote is super interesting. I’m two episodes in. Good idea and so far good execution is great. The relationship between the main character her Parasote (can’t remembee any names) is interesting so far and I look forward to how it progresses.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight. I will just move the discussion about Detective Conan (Case Closed) here in the anime/manga thread if you don't mind.

I have the first two seasons in English sadly though I don't think they translated any of the others. I totally understand how hard it is to keep up with the manga 😂. I assume that the series goes by Detective Conan there instead of Case Closed.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic