Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,065

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer sorry to see you go buddy, I’m hoping all is well with you and that life treats you well. Hopefully see you back here at some point when the time is right.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer That's a shame mate, really enjoy reading your posts and you seem one of the more measured people on the site with decent morals. Take care and hopefully some friendly faces will still be here if you decide to come back,

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer I’ve likewise enjoyed many of our conversations and found your posts and insight to be certainly among the site’s best. Hang in there and know that you’ve made a sizable positive difference in me and others who’ve interacted with you on here. I completely understand that you have to step away though. Best of luck and hope to hear from you again down the road.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer Be well, good sir. Hope everything's as okay as it can be, and looking forward to your return someday (said with zero pressure or expectation, of course).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I’ll probably be away for a couple of weeks because I honestly need a break from it all. When I lost my partner, I swore that I wouldn’t let anybody feel that same hopelessness in an increasingly hostile world and I’d like to think that I’ve at least tried in my own way to fight that. I’ve probably neglected to actually stop and process my own feelings on it all, but this site really has been a godsend with how much of an escape it can be from everyday life and I’ve had so many positive interactions on here. With this bloody wizard game though, it’s become impossible to separate my own grief and the escapism that this site and the wider hobby can provide.

It’s almost 10 years since I started commenting on these sites and I’ve seen so many positive changes from the community over the years, helped by the staff and, especially at NL, their championing of articles from marginalised voices. Even here, in the past, it was heartwarming to see Liam in the comments offering simple messages of love and solidarity that meant a lot to users who don’t hear that often enough. That’s all stopped though and the overall tone of this place has shifted. I’m still not even sure what happened in the movie thread but seeing that I was clearly being mentioned behind my back in a derogatory manner by users that I don’t wish to engage with? That sort of thing just confirms that I’m making the right decision taking a break. At the end of the day, I have my own headspace to sort out and I do hope to be back so take care everyone.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett You're the best of us, buddy. And you're not wrong, either. I really hope a break helps, however long it turns out to be, and whilst I'm certain that I'm not alone in wishing to see you return real soon, I'd also strongly encourage you to put yourself first, and do what's right by you. If that means finding a healthier environment in which to hang out and maintain your balance, so be it.

This place'll stay afloat as long as it can, no matter how much dirty water it's currently taking in. Trust your gut, be yourself, and don't let the b*****ds get you down (which is easier said than done, but hey).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LiamCroft

@nessisonett If you feel a break from the site will do you good, then please do take it. You will always be welcome here Ness, I greatly appreciate your contributions and views on the site.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Take of yourself and hope to see you back sooner rather than later.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@nessisonett Your mental health is the most important thing to consider. Take care. We'll see you when you return!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@nessisonett I have really valued your consistent and astute comments. Yours is a bright and beautiful thread in the tapestry of the diverse Push Square community. I echo many of your thoughts about this being a special place to escape for the last several years. Unfortunately from time to time comments are dropped by other users which have stirred me with less than positive emotions, draining my life force rather than edifying it. When that happens, like I said to jimmer up there, I can totally understand the desire to pull away and reboot.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett Take all the time you need mate. It’s just video games at the end of the day. Your mental health & wellbeing is far more important.
Hope you’ll be back soon Ness.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

Picked up a PSN message from @HallowMoonshadow earlier today. Unfortunately her PS4 went the way of the dodo recently, and so her gaming (and therefore her desire to chat and write about gaming) is on what I hope is a temporary hiatus. I said that I'd let y'all know and pass along her best whilst doing so.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Will do, buddy.

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Pity. I always enjoyed talking to her.

Considering she seems exclusively interested in Playstation when it comes to gaming, I'm actually surprised she doesn't have a PS5 already!

Maybe she's just finding that gaming in general is becoming less of a priority as time goes on.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic