Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,065

stvevan

why so many going recently? i never see anything even remotely heated

stvevan

LN78

@DiggusBickus That's definitely true. @colonelkilgore Sad about @JudgeDredd. He has been here for ages under many various guises. I saw him leave a (now deleted) post complaining about the general state of things in this neck of the woods yesterday, so I'm not really shocked. As you say, though - we're dropping like flies.šŸ˜”.

LN78

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 The rules are right below the comment box. The one thing that people havenā€™t grasped is that comments aimed at specific groups or users slagging them off is against the rules. Whereas somebody making a comment saying that abuse of a specific group is a bad thing isnā€™t against the rules as it doesnā€™t target anybody. This isnā€™t a ā€˜both sidesā€™ thing, this is a basic common courtesy thing. If you punch someone in the face then the police get involved. If you say ā€˜donā€™t punch people in the faceā€™ then the police donā€™t get involved. I need to turn off the emails thing cause I still get notifications before the comment is removed, meaning that I get to see my lovely fans with their one comment saying some truly lovely hate crimes. There was a wave of people leaving during the George Floyd protests because they equated racist comments being removed with communism, this isnā€™t really anything different.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

Before this goes the way all the other post-departure conversations have done recently, I will generally note that the thing I love(d) about this place is that we're all clearly very, very different people in terms of background, life experience, beliefs, outlooks, etc. and yet we've all managed to come together and, for a few minutes a day, be polite and civil about a shared, common passion.

I'm pretty sure that, if I were to meet some of you in real life, we might not be friends, or might not hit it off right away, at least. I'm not talking about anybody specifically, but I'll really miss being able to converse with folks who I never would've been able to converse with otherwise.

@DiggusBickus Just for clarity's sake, I don't believe in blocking other users. Never have, never will.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@roadhog I mean, youā€™ve been a member for like a month šŸ˜‚ why pipe up with that nonsense! People just have to have a say. Take a step back and behave, itā€™s like secondary school!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@DiggusBickus Yeah, people canā€™t help creating accounts to tell me off, it seems like a bit of a waste of effort.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Fight_Teza_Fight

*Sigh. Canā€™t we all just get along guys? The meta-commentary is getting tiresome.

Write your comment, read it over, give it 10 seconds & if you still wish to post it do soā€¦or delete it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KilloWertz

@nessisonett Nah, it only takes a couple of minutes to create another account. They could at least be a little creative and create a NessisonettSucks or something though.

Hmmm, maybe I'll take that one while it's still free... Just kidding, I swear... lol

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

ralphdibny

God speed @JudgeDredd

I hope you are well, wherever you are.

(I assume you are in the same place physically even if you are absent digitally!)

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

I'm back, what did I miss? Have they announced the PlayStation 6 yet?

LieutenantFatman

Fight_Teza_Fight

Untitled

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jimmer-jammer

@roadhog Before posting, you may want to seriously ask yourself, ā€œwhat am I trying to accomplish with this?ā€ You donā€™t have to support or even have an understanding of trans issues to meet a baseline level of human respect. This isnā€™t a junior high locker room. Itā€™s a public forum open to folks from all walks of life. Quite simply, grow up.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@roadhog See, now thatā€™s funny. Unfortunately itā€™s been completely undermined by the obnoxiously rude and unfunny ā€˜jokeā€™ that preceded it. Be better, dude. Lifeā€™s too short to go around intentionally hurting people for no good reason.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Anti-Matter

Okay, what was going on here ? šŸ˜Æ

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

@Anti-Matter thereā€™s been a fair few departures of late, many of whom were long established users and good people. I guess tensions are running high as a result.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@Anti-Matter I canā€™t speak for whateverā€™s taken place above but concerning my part in the last exchange, I simply tried to disarm a mean spirited and completely asinine joke aimed at baiting a reaction. I would normally stroll on by such a thing as itā€™s not worth giving the time of day but the utter stupidity of it just got to me. It wasnā€™t an opinion, point of view, perspectiveā€¦whatever. It was a bad joke given far too much effort. Surely, if the user would only try, thereā€™s a much more constructive, reasonable and - frankly - interesting side of himself to offer the forums. He and all of us can do better.

Jimmer-jammer

Iā€™ll be stepping away from the site. I really appreciate the conversations that Iā€™ve had here and the hard work of the PS staff. Hold your loved ones close. Cheers!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic