Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,065

Thrillho

@Kidfried Take care and be sure to come back as you seem to end up recommending games that I enjoy but might not otherwise have tried!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Take care of yourself Kiddo and hope to see you back here sooner rather than later.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Kidfried I made a conscious decision to steer well clear of all the drama this week, because I've hated seeing what it's done to certain parts of this friendly, respectful community, but this really is the rotten cherry atop a particularly crappy cake. I realise that your reasons are semi-separate from everything that's been going on, but I can't help feeling that they wouldn't have been drawn into focus otherwise. It sucks that you feel the need to leave, and I'm real sorry to see you go.

Just don't chalk this up to being too sensitive; you're actually being self-protective, which is a great sense to have, to listen to and, most importantly, to act upon. Big respect.

Be safe, take care and, with no pressure, I hope to see you posting again someday soon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Kidfried Hopefully we see you posting again sooner rather than later. But honestly, you’re probably on the right track taking a little break. It all got a bit heated for my liking.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Kidfried Someone blocked you, eh?

Well, do what you need to do to get in the right head space. We'll talk when you come back.

Until then, take care!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Tasuki

@Kidfried I understand. Since they gave users the power to block other users it seems like the community is fracturing and you are getting cliques now like it's high school or something. I don't think the staff thought giving users the ability to block others through. I have been blocked by other users for no reason on NL and it just makes following conversations annoying. Even forum games are annoying now cause especially ones that require you to post a response to the one before you. If it's someone blocked then it just makes a mess of things. Look at Nintendolife's Video Game Character Alphabet thread and you will see what you mean.

I get it they are short on mods or whatever but giving that ability to users is just not a well thought out idea and I hope they get rid of it soon.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

LieutenantFatman

All the best mate, hope to see you again.
You have to do what's best for you and your mental health, I totally respect that.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@NeonPizza It's a shame but yeah, times change. The more popular things become, the more seriously people seem to take 'em. I certainly haven't been a member as long as you have, but even I've noticed a subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) shift since I joined.

Gaming is our hobby. It's meant to be fun, so it tracks that sharing the experience should also be fun.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Ralizah Yea, LtSarge blocked me. And when people are so prominently active on the site block you, it makes following conversations a drag. Right now I've merely been annoyed by it, but I know that annoyance will build up for me over time.

The block feature is a terrible feature in small knit communities like this, in which we should accept our differences instead of trying to ignore each other's existence. I refuse to feel like an outcast, so I'd rather leave.

I'll try and find a better community.

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah he blocked a load of us… ‘basically’ because we didn’t subscribe to Gamepass smh.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

R1spam

@Kidfried I'll be sorry to see you go but you got to do what's best for yourself. Take care and hopefully catch you in a game club thread or something soon 👍

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Ralizah

@Kidfried Sorry to hear that. The block feature is interesting, because I've talked to a few people about it on here and NL, and have encountered differing viewpoints on it. I def. understand the problem it's trying to address, but I also struggle with the way it gives me the ability to fracture another person's user experience. While it's imperfect, I feel like the ignore function accomplishes 90% of what the block function does, but without harming the user experience of others.

I won't tell you how you should feel or ask you to stay, but it will be a shame to see you leave. Definitely consider returning at some point if you don't find another community that feels right for you, though, as you'll always have folks here who welcome hearing your perspective.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JJ2

@Indoorhero
No worries.
A lot of people have alternate accounts in every site. It’s the internet 🤷🏼‍♂️ Push also has them. It isn’t just you. As a matter of fact many change names and it’s confusing haha
Don’t sweat it. You’ll be back 😃
Do check out Elden Ring reviews when they are out. It’s worth it. Give your passion a chance.
👍

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Snatcher

@Indoorhero Aw no, I just met you ):

@lolwhatno "Whenever this thread pops up my heart skips a bit" No joke, I feel this way every time, on NL, on here.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

render

@Indoorhero A real shame to see anyone leave, especially after such a short time. I hope you find your gaming mojo soon and appreciate that while there is a lot of things you might not like in this industry there’s also a lot to like 👍

render

Th3solution

Awh, that’s too bad Indoorhero has come and gone rather soon. I hope I didn’t make them feel bad when they quit Demon’s Souls yesterday. I didn’t intend to express any pressure or judgment and was only trying to be supportive. A person certainly has a right to have different game preferences, so hopefully Indoor wasn’t feeling peer pressure of any kind. Hopefully they come back since I quite enjoyed their initial enthusiasm.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I spoke to him on PSN and that doesn’t seem the case at all mate. It just seemed that he got no enjoyment out of the last few games that he tried and felt a bit frustrated a result. I have a feeling that we may well see him again (maybe under a different username) one day 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic