Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,065

Tasuki

With that said, I think I won't becoming back either. It seems that I don't fit what constitutes as a good member here any more. I am sure this post will get deleted seems to be an occurring thing here. @Get2sammyb Thanks for the time and all.the memories but seriously man you might want to take a long look and see what has become of this site.

Peace out everyone.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

colonelkilgore

@Tasuki lol… I’m just intrigued as to how someone would post something in need of removal within a Farewell thread… and your sig does make me chuckle… yours are the only posts I ever see moderated 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Hmmm, neat trick… and a very different post to what I would have imagined 👊

Also, turns out I had one moderated yesterday too 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Kidfried

Back again by the way

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Good to see you, my friend. I was thinking about you the other day when we were discussing a game… but I completely forgot what game and what the context was 😅. Ah well, I might remember later. Hope you’re doing well, all the same!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Kidfried
Untitled

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@Kidfried I know you're not allowed to talk about that super secret infiltration mission you went on, but did you succeed?

Octane

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer and everyone else I have decided after falling off a slew of video games, including now, unfortunately, my latest, FFXV (I got lost in the first ice dungeon and even with the map markers showed no promise of finding my goal, it just seemed unreasonable and unfair), that gaming just isn't for me any more. I feel like I hit my peak completing Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls III and Bloodborne, and now it's just enough ,i don't feel like I can play games to any decent standard any more, and as I'm just not enjoying them I don't want to do it any more, it's been great chatting on here for the last couple of years, and, I won't delete the profile as hopefully I can still contribute to the General Discussion threads, possibly, maybe sometimes to keep in touch, but I won't be posting about gaming any more. I am, of course, open to suggestions for games which are about the same level as God Of War (2018) as I feel like something with that amount of hand-holding is manageable for me, but I'm not really open to anything more than that at this time, and it's only a possibility that I take you up on your suggestions any way, as my recent experiences have really soured me on gaming for the time being. All the best, keep in touch, and best of luck with your games and everything else. TBS.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman sorry to hear that buddy... and it's typically ironic (in the best possible way) that you found little to no issue getting through From Softs notoriously difficult games yet have found yourself struggling elsewhere.

As we always harken back to, gaming is first and foremost about fun and enjoyment, so if you're not getting that from it, I don't blame you taking a hiatus at all. Good luck TBS... and I'll be hoping to see you back here sooner rather than later... and don't forget, God of War: Ragnarok isn't 'too' far away 👊

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman It’s okay to have a break from time to time and maybe see if things click at a later time for gaming. Immerse yourself into your other pursuits and passions like music, literature, sports, or whatever brings you joy. Elden Ring isn’t too far away and you might reconsider dipping your toes in gaming at that point. Many gamers will take months or even years away from it and then suddenly find it enjoyable again much later.
The community here is diverse with their interests so I do hope you still drop in and share your thoughts on any number of subjects at hand. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@TheBrandedSwordsman
Sorry to see you going but do whatever is best for you. As ever gaming is about the enjoyment and if you're not enjoying it then it makes sense to take a step back from time to time.

Whenever I get into a similar funk I find it helps to mix up the genres i'm playing so I'm not just banging my head against the wall, so to speak, with the same old stuff.

Take it easy and we'll still all be here, I reckon, whenever you drop by.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey man! Well, we can still chat anyways. Sorry, I’ve been super busy the last couple of days.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Kidfried

Don't really like the idea of being a pariah in a community I have been part of and fostered for eight years.

In my years I have often put people on Ignore whenever I felt they were unfriendly. But I didn't like this feeling of missing out on parts of conversations, it made me feel disconnected from the community, so I couldn't leave regulars on Ignore ever.

Now other people have that kind of control over my experience, and I just don't like it. I know myself and will login and out constantly to follow every conversation, read reviews and view screenshots.

It's a combination of that, but also truly disagreeing with it as a way to keep a community healthy. I'm quite sensitive, I know, and I know myself well enough to know that I won't feel comfortable on this site like that anymore.

Might be back in the future, when these feeling of alienation are less strong.

I wish everyone the best. I'm not going to name specific users, but quite a lot of you have a special place in my heart and I'll be thinking of you even when I'm taking a break from here.

Stay healthy!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic