Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,065

ralphdibny

@TheIdleCritic join in on the physical health thread if you feel comfortable enough. I'm hoping it helps mental health. It does from past experience as long as you don't go too doolally and NutriBullet your lasagne, though to be fair that would be a delicious shake.

Also we drink cups of tea, even if it is in a mug. It only becomes a mug when you use it for coffee (but can still be a cup). A true mug is (don't say me 😂) one of those massive Sports Direct Mug, now that is a mug and I love drinking coffee and occasionally tea (2 bags) out of one of those bad boys!

See ya!

Rudy_Manchego

@TheIdleCritic Glad to know you'ev had some respite and yes, Tea is essential! Let us know how Hitman 3 goes!

@ralphdibny I'm with you on the big mug - I have one massive mug of coffee every morning before retiring to a normal sized mug for further top ups.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Apologies for the extreme lateness in only just seeing this and your post last week @TheIdleCritic but I hope you're doing as well as you can with everything that's happening.

I never had to contend with a lockdown and a pandemic going on the same at time ... But otherwise I've unfortunately had the "pleasure" of going through what you've been/are going through.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies.

It really may not seem like it some days... but you'll get through it. I can't imagine how much harder it is with these restrictions in place.

Unfortunately there isn't anything else I can really add to what you're already doing of taking it slowly & one day at a time, try to occupy your mind with the things you enjoy and when you're ready to talk/confide into some of your mates about it.

Plus... I guess you got all us weirdos regulars here on the forums if ya need a little help too. 👍

Enjoy Hitman 3 @TheIdleCritic and engage with us once again whenever you're ready. We'll be here.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

@Rudy_Manchego nice, are you on the filter coffee vibe as well? I only ask because it's the only conceivable way to fill such a mug! An Americano I made out of a barista machines espresso would be too watered down and using coffee pods would cost far too much. I won't even mention the freeze dried granules....

See ya!

Rudy_Manchego

@ralphdibny When I was working in the office, we had a decent filter coffee machine which was great. When we went into lockdown, my wife accidentally bought a bag of beans rather than a pack of coffee so I bought a bean grinder and I make a big pot each morning which gives me a big cup and a normal sized one for the wife.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

ralphdibny

@Rudy_Manchego one of those Bravilor Bonamats? They're great filter coffee machines for offices but quite expensive. We just have a cheapo one from Argos at home. It's not as good but I prefer it to the pods at least.

I'll always go for the filter coffee at work over the bean to cup machines which always taste a bit funny. They're never as good as barista even though I guess it's what they're trying to emulate. Filter coffee is just simple and tastes great I think. Super cheap to buy in Pret too, 99p down to 49p if you bring your own cup. Though I don't know if they're doing that deal at the moment

I don't feel like a coffee snob because I don't gush over minor details and my preferred coffee is filter but damn do I love it. So maybe I am a bit snobby, it's just about how good my middle of the road filter coffee is haha

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Rudy_Manchego

@ralphdibny Nah the work one is fairly cheapish as only a few of us use it but we get fresh coffee delivered every week.

Filter coffee is a lot nicer than instant but I'm too cheap to pay for barista like setups. There is too much cleaning and tidying and work involved! So yep, I am all about middle of the road!

ralphdibny

@Rudy_Manchego haha nice, yeah I kind of think of instant as a different drink entirely. I'll never consider it if I want an actual coffee but very occasionally I might fancy a sweet coffee flavoured drink which is where instant coffee and a boatload of sugar come in to play, bit like a hot chocolate I guess but a erm, "hot coffee" 😂. I don't put sugar into my coffee or tea normally

See ya!

TheIdleCritic

@RogerRoger Well, my first thought is that I love this game. It took me around 20 hours to complete Dubai (all challenges) and it felt like I was "at home" again. There's not much to review per se. It's a continuation of 1 + 2 so there's practically nothing different, and the camera gadget is only a minor addition. Shortcuts are a nice thought, but I haven't found myself needing to utilise them yet, even on Master + Suit Only + Silent Assassin runs. It looks great on the PS5. Hopefully Project 007 is a true next gen affair, but for this game I'm not complaining.

They've gone back to nonsense accents, namely just British and American. I didn't like that about the first game. Yes, Hitman can be described as an absurdist game, and there's a lot of things that require you to suspend disbelief, but I don't think not having accurate accents should be one of them. To me it's just lazy development. There's a lot of talented voice over artists who aren't just white British/American, and while I disagree with this to an extent... IOI could have at least told them to put on an accent. It's just a bit jarring and disappointing in an otherwise fantastic game. Visually it's great (even though animation is a little stale now though, and the cinematics are odd), and gameplay is some of the most enjoyable and fun in anything I've ever played (although it's not perfect: headshots don't seem to work very well if the target isn't facing you, and other oddities). With this last entry, The Hitman: The World Of Assassination trilogy has been solidified as my favorite gaming series.

HOWEVER... I'm on level 2: Dartmoor... three of the exits won't unlock, and I refuse to carry on. So the one game I've been looking forward to for a long time... is broken. Great. EDIT: I created a contract to unlock two of them, but one is definitely bugged.

@ralphdibny Those are far too big lol. The tea would get cold by the time you reach the bottom.

Do you watch any of James Hoffmann's stuff?

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thank you for your kindness I'm sorry I deleted my last post. I felt a little uncomfortable after the fact. While I'm a very candid person and I had absolutely no issue in confiding and revealing all to you lot, in the back of my mind I was very aware that this is still an open forum.

I had to speak to my ex-wife yesterday... so... I'm a little broken today. I've been trying to occupy my mind as much as possible. I've had Alan Partridge: From The Oast House podcast on all day, and it's helped a lot. But now I've discovered that Hitman 3 may also be broken... so that's fantastic. Something so small doesn't normally affect me, and I just move on to another game for a while. But I found myself on the verge of tears. I really did need for it to be my escape.

Haha. What mates? It's just me and my cat. She's a good listener though.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

ralphdibny

@TheIdleCritic haha yeah tea does get cold in it actually because its not easy to drink a large amount of tea as quickly. Coffee is good at all temperatures though, maybe theres a small range of temperature between chilled and lukewarm that's a bit icky. Either way it's easy to drink a lot more coffee in one go in comparison to tea.

Nah hadn't heard of James Hoffman, I looked him up though, I see he is a coffee entrepreneur or something

See ya!

RogerRoger

@TheIdleCritic Oof. Sorry to hear about the teething problems with Hitman 3. I don't recall too many of them in previous games, and IO are pretty good at addressing issues in a timely manner, so fingers crossed you won't have long to wait. Glad you managed to get some exits unlocked, at any rate! I hope you'll continue to share your thoughts as you progress, or maybe even write a full review?

Here's hoping IO take a fresh approach to voiceovers for Project 007. Bond is nothing without a wide variety of questionable, nondescript Eastern European accents.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Anti-Matter

I will leave from PushSquare as i don't find any interest to deal with majority users here.
I felt cold shoulder treatment from them. 😑
Fine, i will not return to this website.
I will focus on Nintendolife since i have some users who want to have nice conversations with me.

@RogerRoger
Sorry if i have to leave from PushSquare. 😣
I still keep hanging around Nintendolife.
You can find me over there.
I think you are the only one here who still want to have nice conversation here. ☺
See you at Nintendolife. 😉

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@Anti-Matter Sorry to see you go. You represent an oft-overlooked side of gaming most people would never think to discuss, so we'll be a lesser forum without you. I doubt I'll ever venture over to NintendoLife but I appreciate the invitation all the same; if I ever do cross over, I'll say hey.

And you're not alone in being ignored by certain users, by the way. It's a shame, but it happens. I think your perseverance (especially in a foreign language) has been admirable.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Gadjo Sad to see you go. Even though we never interacted directly, I found your posts thoughtful and fascinating.

Two things:

• What do you have against Dontnod?
  • You can afford to pretend anything. It's what gaming's about.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Gadjo Realisations are only achieved through experience. It's a shame you feel the forum isn't for you, but at least you gave it a shot. Too much life is wasted on wondering.

Just know that nobody has any more or less business being here than you do.

Best of luck to you, and stay safe!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Fank u 4 sayin me word gud.

It's all a smokescreen to hide supreme mediocrity, believe me!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Gadjo Only if they help, which I hope they do.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'll be taking a break from Push Square for a bit.

Probably around two weeks or so but who knows... Maybe it might extend a bit longer beyond that. Regardless I'll be back at some point so you lot unfortunately haven't seen the last of me you poor sods.

Cheerio! Take care everyone, Stay safe and have a good time with things hopefully becoming a bit more normal once again. 😊

-EDIT- I didn't even realise I've been on PushSquare for just over 2 years now! Man that feels weird. The past year has felt like it's been ten with how it's dragged at times and yet I can remember joining up to P S like it was only yesterday...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Take care, Foxy! We'll be here when you get back.

And yeah, 2020 absolutely destroyed all sense of time for me. Let's not do that again any time soon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic