Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 461 to 480 of 729

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. Usually I steer clear of the human faces; aliens and armoured characters are safer to translate into plastic, but they've done good. Christopher Lee is a particularly accurate likeness, to an almost scary degree!

I've had a bit of an unboxing day (things were starting to pile up) and some Sonic merchandise arrived earlier, so I got that out as well. Took a random chance on some eBay sellers and did okay!

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah, your right sometimes human figures can look more alien than the alien figures!

Nice Sonic figures, looks like you've had a good day!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Very true. Some of the older Black Series figures based on recognisable actors were insanely wide of the mark, but they've gotten much better in recent years. I'm pretty sure they've started using the 3D models created for Battlefront II where possible, either because they're laser-scanned from the actors themselves, or are meticulously crafted to be as near as damn it.

Thanks; I've had a "shouldn't be allowed near Amazon or eBay whilst feeling sorry for myself" day, but it's cheered me right up regardless, so mission accomplished (until I check my bank balance, of course)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yep retail therapy is can be really good for perking up spirits. I never used to understand the appeal of going round all the shops to try on all these shoes, but i kinda do now.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

Some nice additions to the collection there @RogerRoger. You're right the likeness on that Christopher Lee is crazy good for that scale. I've only got the Mandalorian in the series but I think it's a really good piece. I was slightly concerned when I got it as his shoulder strap was twisted and it seemed quite tight but I managed to straighten it without breaking it. I might try and get the Beskar amour version to go with it.

@JohnnyShoulder I really like that Cyberpunk bike from Purearts but not too fussed about the figures. It's a shame they don't seem to sell it separately.

I agree with you both about the retail therapy. Looking forward to having a good look at my Lego Razor Crest which should turn up tomorrow.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Having my kinda shops at my fingertips, via the computer where I work and occasionally play, is pretty killer, though. We did have a comic book store in town, but it closed a while back. What I wouldn't give for a Forbidden Planet more local to me than London!

@BearsEatBeets Glad your Mando turned out alright, strap issue aside. You're going all out on his merchandise, if you're getting the LEGO Razor Crest tomorrow! You'll have to let us know if it's any good, as thusfar I've sat on my hands whilst looking at it. A good word could tip me over the edge.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger We just got a big two story Forbidden Planet before lockdown. It’s a real shame the old Forbidden Planet is closing though, it’s been in that spot since the 80s. It was filled to the brim in the sense that the shelves look like they’d collapse and kill everyone inside. I used to go into it all the time because it had so much stock crammed into a tiny shop!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett The same could be said of the branch I used to haunt in Newcastle. Despite being a chain of considerable reach, they always seemed to set up in the most cramped, awkward shops! Even their flagship store in London is a bit of a haphazard maze of narrow isles.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Yeah, I’ll definitely miss the impossible to social distance version of Forbidden Planet! It was one of those shops you had to move in single file, squished into everyone else. It was fine when I was younger and comics were uncool but the MCU always meant it was absolutely hoaching! The new one’s got a massive Frank Quitely All-Star Superman mural which is pretty cool because him and Grant Morrison are from nearby. Not a patch on the ‘we’re going to make this shop as unappealing as possible’ charm of the original site, as seen here.

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett That's roughly the size of the Newcastle branch (at least when I lived there). Your upgrade sounds cool, what with the local links and all, but it also sounds... well, like you say, a bit "MCU" (safe, crowd-pleasing, caters to everybody, etc.) and that's a shame!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Not sure I'm going to do much persuading as it's staying the box for a while. Although I may open it up just to get a proper look at the little guy in it's bag.
Untitled
Also noticed this on the box so might see if I can find the code (although I don't currently have any plans to get the game). Maybe I'll see if someone else wants the code.
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets They're really pushing that code thing. My partner got me the LEGO Star Wars advent calendar early (it's become tradition, apparently) and it's promising a code to unlock some of its minifigs as playable characters. Almost all new LEGO Star Wars sets will be playable in-game.

Glad it arrived safe, and good luck resisting the temptation to build it!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Nice haul! The Shadow figurine is particularly cool.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

BearsEatBeets

I managed to suppress the urge to get the Back to the Future FunkoPops (so far), but it almost feels like they are targeting me now.

Untitled

MUST RESIST!

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I prefer the blood splatter Jin, but I think at least one of them is a must have!

BearsEatBeets

Looks like the Avengers game is getting some Funkopops too

Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Blimey, discovering lots today. This Leon Kennedy comes with a good selection of accessories.

Untitled
Untitled

These 2 definitely adding to the collection

Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Liking the Jackie statue. I too wanna get some memorabilia for the game seeing as I missed out on the collectors edition.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I've got all their Witcher line in these size of statues and think they are very good quality for the price. I was lucky to get one of the collectors editions but have to remember I haven't paid for it until it gets sent. With that and most likely the PS5, November is going to be expensive.

BearsEatBeets

mookysam

Gotta say that Leon Kennedy figure is sweet. @BearsEatBeets

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic