Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 441 to 460 of 729

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I'm surprised it's taken them this long to make Back to the Future Pops, given how they've got a licence for practically everything else, ever. They are tempting!

Yeah, I'd seen that Spidey armoury in concept artwork a while back, because I think they've been selling them individually as smaller, less-expensive statues (and then, like my GamingHeads Lara, all future releases interconnect to create a bigger display). It'd be great if you could mix and match your favourites; looking at the above shot, I'd have them all except the white one, which I'd swap out or simply remove.

I'd sworn off collector's editions a while back but, if there's a fancy Miles Morales release, I might have to break my own rule! Depends on the quality, and if we get to actually see it this time, as didn't they hide away the previous game's statue because of potential spoilers?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Yeah I get why they did it but when you're stumping up the cash these collector's editions cost you, you really need to see what you're getting. Hopefully if they do a MM collector statue it will be non-story related and we get a good look. I've not got many collector's editions as a lot of the time the game can be a little bit of an unknown quantity and as such makes it tricky to know if I want to put a lot of money into the expensive version. I've only got Mass Effect 3 and RDR 2 so far but I have pre-ordered the Cyberpunk 2077 one. It's more common that after I get a game I discover I love it and wish I'd got the CE but then of course it's long sold out and can only be found at a huge mark-up. Ghost of Tsushima is slowly turning into one of those.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Same. I got Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance with an exclusive "White Raiden" Play Arts Kai figure, and the biggest, most expensive version of Batman: Arkham Origins available, but afterwards I realised that I was playing the games way more than staring at the extra stuff, so I started to dial it down. Some of the mid-tier editions (steelbooks, soundtracks, art books, etc.) can still catch my eye, but it's been a long time since I shelled out for an "Everything But the Kitchen Sink Edition" at launch. Especially considering those are often the versions subject to delays, for reasons various.

Sometimes you can get lucky. I saw the Collector's Edition of Arkham City going super-cheap on Amazon for a long while, statue and everything. I think it depends on supply and demand, so the more mainstream a game, the lower its price tag as time goes by.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Possibly the worst bit of gaming tat I’ve seen.

Untitled

A rubber duck like a clicker from TLOU

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yep, you win. Thread closed, that’s f*cking horrible.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Sweet merciful mallards, that's... blimey. No, just... no.

I keep seeing those gaming ducks around; like Funko Pops, I think one out of every dozen is kinda cute, but they're otherwise mostly appalling.

And yet, unlike Funko Pops, I doubt I'll be warming to them in a couple years!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Back in July, I thanked you for the heads-up about the Star Wars Black Series figures, and told you I'd pre-ordered a couple...? Well, the good folks at Amazon screwed up. They put a release date of August 1st but nothing was ever dispatched, and now they're listed as "temporarily out of stock" so I reckon they never had any to begin with. At least I never gave them any money.

The good news is that, because of this setback, I found a dedicated geeky site with a good reputation, and am buying direct from them. I was also able to snag a few extra, which Amazon didn't have listed, and also pre-ordered some of the next wave in sequence.

Two are specifically gaming-related as well, from their "Gaming Greats" line. There's the Heavy Battle Droid from Battlefront II and a special Bounty Hunter edition of Jango Fett.

So, a happy ending, but it's all reliant on the postperson now. Fingers crossed!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Tut tut, that is a bit naughty from Amazon. They are usually quite good with things like that, was it from a third party seller or direct from them? Yeah at least no payment was taken, one of the reasons I prefer using them but not exclusively.

Every cloud and all that, hopefully the new retailers works out for you, and we get to see pics of them soon!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder It was direct from Amazon themselves; in hindsight, I should've expected that some non-essential releases and items would be subject to last-minute changes this year, all things considered.

Rest assured, as soon as I have them, you'll see them!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I had an eye on the Black series Mandalorian on Amazon for a while and noticed it went unavailable as soon as it hit it's said release date. It was back available Friday though so I ordered one and have had an email that it's been posted.
I noticed a few things going unavailable randomly but they tend to come back eventually. I pre-ordered the World of Cyberpunk book a few days before it's release date and I've had a couple of emails since saying they are struggling to source it. Hopefully that will be resolved later.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Ah, cool. Glad you snagged one, then! Maybe they just oversold their pre-order stock, or had problems getting them ready for that August 1st dispatch deadline.

That's the Beskar Armour variant of him, yeah? I've got him coming from the site I found.

Books can be tricky. I pre-ordered a special collector's edition of The Art of Star Wars: Rebels roughly this time last year, and I only got it from them in May. They kept apologetically pushing the delivery estimate back for me, similar to what they're doing to you, so fingers crossed they'll sort it eventually (and that you don't have to wait as long as I did for mine).

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Clank as a Pop looks just like a normal Clank figure. I do like that Joel though, as much as I can practically smell the Mountain Dew and BO from it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Had these 2 turn up on the post today
Untitled
looks like Amazon sorted it's stock much sooner than expected. Also had emails from Sideshow and Darkhorse with news that Ciri and Ellie should be making their way to me soon. Big day for my 'Tat'.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Very nice!

Are you tempted to flick through the CP book, or will you resist until you've played the game?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I'd image CD Projekt would have pushed back the release like the guidebook if it contained spoilers so I intend to devour every page. Hopefully it will just make me feel more immersed in the game with some background knowledge of the city/people.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

No sign of the Mandalorians yet (I think they're waiting until they have the whole order, and one of them isn't due out until October) but I did receive my other Star Wars Black Series figures recently, and finally got around to opening them earlier today.

Untitled

Untitled

I'm keeping these guys in their boxes, because my other Battle Droid keeps falling over. They can wait until I've sorted out a permanent place for them to stay upright.

Untitled

Also not sure whether the Gaming Greats line is limited edition, so I kinda wanna wait and see.

Tagging @JohnnyShoulder as promised, but the better ones are still to come!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Not gonna lie, those look really good!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic