Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 421 to 440 of 729

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers, will do!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WiiWareWave

Speaking of tat. What does tat mean? Logically I'd say you just mean random gaming discussion? I do know much of the British tongue, but somehow despite my heavily British family on my mother's side, I somehow missed the memo on the tat definition. 😋

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

nessisonett

@KisekiFan7 Tat could mean Knick-knacks, assorted collectables etc, usually of the tasteless variety or kitschy. Like garden gnomes or toby jugs!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@KisekiFan7 Just to add to what @nessisonett explained (and thanks for the reminder that toby jugs exist; yeesh, there's a nightmarish image to live with), in terms specific to gaming, I'd call "tat" the stuff like branded keyrings, USB sticks and little toys you occasionally get with Special Editions or pre-orders of games. You want the game itself, but you get a bunch of tat alongside it, stuff you'll likely never use and didn't really want in the first place. Stuff you'll stick in a drawer and forget about.

This topic was created for collectors of such tat (or other gaming-related merchandise like statues, art books and whatnot) to show off what they'd got, and to discuss upcoming releases.

So, the next time you open a game's box and find art cards inside, this is the place to be!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Here are my random Funk Pop I've accumulated over the last 18 months or so, plus a couple of amiibo's for the Switch. There are watching over me whilst I work from home during lockdown!

Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Cool shelf; I can I.D. everybody except the second and fourth, back row. Is that somebody from one of the Thor movies? And... no, total blank on the white and pink zombie thing!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Those are Brian Blessed's character in Flash Gordon, Prince Vultan

Untitled

And The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Of course it's Brian Blessed; how could I have missed that?! The only actor capable of doubling the length of the word "dive" with many extraneous Es and Ys.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Jeez that is nice, but not 310 quid nice though!

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I thought about getting the collectors edition but with the game being a bit of an unknown before launch I went with the special. It's looking like it might have been worth it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Liking the Boba Fett Funko. 👍

Might get a Jin one, liking the blood splattered version. Think I saw there will be a few characters from PS games like Kratos coming soon.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I'm after a collectors edition of a game too, but like you wasn't sold on GoT until quite late. And there are always too expensive for my liking.

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Thanks for the tag!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger After mentioning my previous aversion to the product line, Funko might be about to break me.

Untitled

Which lead me on a slippery slope to this

Untitled

Must resist, it's a dangerous rabbit-hole!

My travels also passed this fella which I'm guessing you know about?
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

I've discovered Prime One are going to do this.
Untitled

Looks like it will be spectacular as usual, but unfortunately so will the price.

Also Hot Toys is doing the Doc Ock suit

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I appreciate you tagging me back there (with apologies for the delay)! Funny you mention breaking points with regard aversion to Funko Pops, as it was that very Cal Kestis (as well as the Second Sister and a Purge Trooper) which had me surrender to their charms, so thanks for the heads-up but that very Pop is sitting alongside me whilst I type this.

Which will you get, if any? Marty or the Ghostbusters? Or both?!

Also, great news about the Anti-Ock Suit Spider-Man being a forthcoming release. I might have to clear some shelf space for him, as I've yet to get a "proper" bit of Spidey merchandise; it's been mostly Pops and smaller statues thusfar. I just hope they do Miles Morales from the upcoming game, because then I'd wait for him, no question (or... heck, who am I kidding, I'll get both).

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I'm still holding out at the moment, mainly as I think it could snowball into getting other characters I like, but Marty and Doc are most likely to tempt me.

It looks like Spidey PS4 is getting quite a bit of attention from Hot Toys and PCS, who knows how many they will eventually do. PCS has even done a small hall of suits set with about 5 different ones.
Untitled

The Anti-Ock suit is a good addition, probably the one I'd want most, and I might have to get it to go with the advanced suit version I have. I'll be keeping an eye out for Miles Morales stuff too, I think if they do a collectors edition of the game with a statue I'll probably snap it up.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic