Forums

Topic: Gaming Resolutions for the New Year of 2021

Posts 1 to 20 of 103

Ralizah

Hoy, brits, yanks, and everyone in-between. 2020 was an... eventful year: attempted authoritarian power grabs, mass death from a new disease spreading around the globe, mass unrest throughout the United States, and, as always, the world is stumbling stupidly toward a severe and probably irreversible climate apocalypse. Some might say 2021 is the time to confront our future, to seize destiny with our hands and make a new, better world for our children.

But, honestly, who has time for all of that between our backlogs and all the new games releasing this year?

List your gaming resolutions for 2021. Anything related to gaming can apply. Video or analog. You can even talk about resolutions unrelated to gaming; it's not like I'm gonna stop ya.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

My new resolutions.

1) Review at least 30 games this year. Pretty open and shut goal, I think.

2) Complete at least three PS4 exclusives.

3) 50% of games purchased this year must be new (i.e. published in 2021). I'll make an exception for humble bundles and/or games costing $3 or less, because... c'mon.

4) Complete the following Falcom games: Trails in the Sky SC; Trails in the Sky the 3rd; Ys Origin; Ys: The Oath in Felghana; Ys: Memories of Celceta; Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim.

5) Reduce my Nintendo Switch backlog to five games or less.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Good luck with Falcom, I binged all of those games in 2020 with the exception of Ys VI which I’m on just now, although I did play Zero no Kiseki as well. You should be fine, probably anyway!

1. At least try to play my Switch more
I barely touch the thing at the minute which is a shame. Hopefully the Link’s Awakening remake can help me get back into the system.

2. Finish off the Assassin’s Creed, Tekken and Trails series
I’m rather close with Assassin’s Creed and Tekken but Trails is dependent on the Geofront translation for Ao no Kiseki. And then like 4 Cold Steel games 😅

3. Attempt to play more games from my backlog
Of course, this will never happen. But I’m optimistic!

Not many resolutions for me because I know fine well I won’t stick to them to be honest. Also, who knows where I’ll be by the summer either. I’ll probably be down south which means I’ll have to decide whether I take the PS5 and leave my brother with the PS4 Pro or the other way round.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Blooper987

1. Buy the rest of the Indies I’ve missed on switch

2. Play and finish every Ace Attorney game available in English

3. Start a YouTube channel

4. Although not gaming related, get through the ginormous backlog of anime I have to watch.

nessisonett

@Blooper987 Do you mean officially translated Ace Attorney games? If you’re open to fan translations then the second Investigations game is right up there with Trials and Tribulations for the best game of the whole series!

jdv95

1. Play more JRPGs.
persona 5 really opened my eyes and learned me to not judge a game by it's cover. oh and FF7 remake was really good as well so yeah.

2. Finish more games. I have a thing with starting games and not finishing them. For every platinum I have there are double that amount of unfinished games. be it because of lack of interest,difficulty or otherwise.

3.try not to rage delete a game.
Yeah this one is very embarrassing I know. It's why I have not finished FF7 remake. I got stuck on the last boss and raged quit. When i started the game again some days later i saw I had to start the chapter from the very beginning and well that was the end of the game for me sigh.

jdv95

kyleforrester87

Same as last 2 years - cycle 3k+ in 12 months. 2021 will be the year!

Nothing gaming related other than enjoying the first full year with a PS5 I guess.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I thought your resolution would be to start a war over whether it’s Horizon Forbidden West or Horizon: Forbidden West. Although to be fair, the colon seems more appropriate this time around.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I’ll hopefully find something to moan about for months on end. I did think they’d go for something more like “Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West” but then maybe that just sounds like DLC.

Maybe just Horizon Zero Dawn 2 would have been best. But I agree a colon makes a lot of sense for the name Forbidden West.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

Ralizah wrote:

1) Review at least 30 games this year.

@Ralizah No pressure, but I can't wait to read 'em!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

1) Get a PlayStation 5
Polar opposite of last year's resolution, to be patient and not become an early adopter. I now have a PS5 game sitting on my shelf, and two more are pre-ordered. I'd like to make it my birthday present to myself, so that gives me until late June to source one. All I know is, some scummy scalper on eBay ain't gettin' my money. C'mon, Sony ol' buddy, don't let me down!

2) Play the Rest of the inFAMOUS Series
This one got a bit embarrassing, as I adored the first game, only to drop the series like a hot potato. I have all the games purchased and installed, so what's stopping me?

3) Clear 50% of My Backlog
Because I keep a list, and it didn't shrink last year; if anything, it got longer. Separate from my specific target listed above, I'd like to finally stop adding to a seemingly Sisyphean task and round out 2021 feeling like I've actually made some progress. Hitting this target and reducing my backlog by 50% will require completion of 42 games. Wish me luck!

4) Get Back to Writing Fiction
Scarily, this one might mean that I have to read more. Urgh. Can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a novel. I started one over the holidays, but... well, like I said, urgh.

5) Get Back in Shape
Yeah, I know. How generic of me. I mean, I'm technically a shape right now, and there's nothing wrong with it, but this year's underlying themes (both global and personal) have helped drive home the importance of staying healthy. Not just for my sake, but for those I wanna stick around for, too.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Brydontk

1. Get through at least half of my backlog
2. Replay and finish the Witcher III (Got it at launch, played it nonstop all summer, only for me to get stuck during a mission. I dropped it for a couple months, then when I came back when the DLC came out, I forgot everything. But NO LONGER!)

Brydontk

Thrillho

@Brydontk Ha, that is a problem coming back for end game DLC.

It took me a while to get back into TW3 for Heart of Stone and Blood & Wine but it was well worth it. But I really struggled getting back into HZD so don’t think I got more than 10 minutes into the DLC.

Thrillho

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Alright.
My plan to get at least 20 PS3 games before year 2021 was accomplished. 😉
So my targets for 2021:

1. Get All 5 PS3 games from Tokopedia ASAP (SSX, DDR 2010, Motionsports Adrenaline, Bolt and Jak & Daxter Collection). The other 5 PS3 games i will try to buy from Ebay or Playasia so i will have 30 PS3 games in total.

2. Build my PS4 games library with some new games (Megaman 11,Team Sonic Racing, Ni no Kuni 1, Ni no Kuni 2, etc)

3. Continue to build Switch games library after long break on year 2020 by purchased 4 Switch games.

4. Try to buy XBOX Classic as i already have DDR Ultramix 1 & 2.

5. Try to not getting late again in making Calendar 2022. 😣

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

@crimsontadpoles I’ve finished the original trilogy and I own Apollo Justice and Spirit of Justice but haven’t finished them yet. I’ve also played a little of the first investigations and Layton vs Phoenix Wright. I’ve also seen the first couple of episodes in the anime. With the great ace attorney game probably being localized this year, I think now is the perfect time to play through the entire series, and making sure to finish every game in the series.

@nessisonett totally open to fan translations! It’ll probably be the way I have to play it since Capcom doesn’t seem to want to localize it😭

nessisonett

@Blooper987 It’s such a good series, I binged the original trilogy in about 2008 or 2009 when T&T came out in Europe but had to wait for the others to come out! There’s also a Great Ace Attorney fan translation, with episodes 1 and 2 of the second game translated so far too.

DerMeister

1. Get Platinum #20
I have 19 platinum trophies, but I haven't gotten one in two years. I wanna see if I can that landmark number this year.

2. Play different fighting games
I've been playing a lot of Tekken and Street Fighter over the past couple years, and I want to get into other titles as well, particularly lesser known games like Guilty Gear and Under Night In-Birth, both of which I own but have barely put time into.

3. Resume platinum relic hunting in Crash Bandicoot
I started going for this goal in 2019, then I stopped because I had too much to play. I was halfway done with Crash 2 last I checked.

That's about it. Gonna keep it simple this year.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

@crimsontadpoles I was very mixed on Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies, but Spirit of Justice is so good that it rivals T&T as my favorite game in the series, and makes me think back more fondly on even the other Apollo-era games that I wasn't as gaga about.

@nessisonett I'd really love if those rumors of a Great Ace Attorney collection are real. I've been so salty that we've missed out on an entire subseries.

And yeah, I think I'm going to hold out on the Crossbell games until next year. Either localizations of those Switch ports will be announced or the Geofront translation of both games should be available by then. Either way. Assuming I don't hate TitS SC/3rd enough to abandon the series.

@RogerRoger Thanks! I foresee lots of great discussions this year.

And, amusingly enough, your 'normal life' resolutions are eerily similar to some of my own. I put on a bunch of weight this last half a year or so.

nessisonett

@Ralizah TitS SC is a huge improvement over the second in terms of pacing but I actually enjoyed the first one so I don’t know if it’s different enough that you’d enjoy it. The third game is a total odd duck though. It’s one big long dungeon, albeit with great individual moments, with a base area like a traditional dungeon crawler.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.