Forums

Topic: Gaming Resolutions for the New Year of 2021

Posts 21 to 40 of 103

Brydontk

@Thrillho I really struggled resisting just jumping into the DLC on Witcher III but the game's such a masterpiece that I really want to explore every single nook and cranny. It's why I never beat it despite playing it nonstop an entire summer. I was checking every interaction, every spot on the map, played every game of Gwent. By the time I finish it (whenever I start that resolution), Cyberpunk should be patched up enough to be somewhat on par with it šŸ˜‚

Brydontk

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Well then, here's to our resounding victories in twelve months' time!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

Here's my goals for the year:
1) Reduce the size of my backlog by at least 5 games. It's a big backlog. I'm getting better at not buying games I'm mildly interested in just because they're on sale, so hopefully I can keep up the good work.
2) Play 3 games on Wii U (including Wii and virtual console games). My Wii U is a bit old and weird, so I ought to play some of the unplayed games on it while it still works.
3) Play 3 PS Vita games. I need to give this system more attention.

LieutenantFatman

1) Purchase a PS5 and a compatible television.

2) Paint Bloodborne board game, then play board game.

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

1. Replay at least 3 of my favorite games
Iā€™ve never been prone to replay a game after I complete it, but I realize I could be enjoying some old favorites again, some of which I played so long ago that they just might feel fresh again.

2. Revisit at least 3 games that I abandoned and finally complete them
Iā€™ve unintentionally left some good games unfinished. Iā€™m referring not to the games I stopped because I disliked, I mean the ones I got distracted away from and never went back. Time to pick a few of these back up and polish them off.

3. Play at least 1 FromSoftware game
I loved Bloodborne but Iā€™m feeling a little reluctant to jump into the genre again because of some subconscious mental block, probably related to how much energy investment it took to get ramped up. But I know the payoff is worth it so I need to push myself with a goal.

4. Play 6 games from PS Plus
Either from this year or prior yearā€™s offerings. Iā€™ve got an enormous amount of Plus games in my library and some intriguing titles waiting for me. Itā€™s been a useful way to discover new content I wouldnā€™t usually buy.

5. Get a PS5

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Thrillho

@Brydontk Iā€™m the same for wanting to explore everything. I did have to ditch that approach in Skellige as there were far too many random question marks out at sea that gave you almost no reward.

Good luck with completing it though!

Thrillho

johncalmc

My gaming resolution for this year is that I'm going to make a spreadsheet and keep a record of every game I play this year, give it an out of ten score off the top of my head, and that's about as far as I've got with this.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ryall

Only keep nine games installed at any one time: I want to keep a smaller number of active games . Think about it when I move on from something and actively delete it rather than have installing games and not play them.

Get out more: I got five platinum is last year set against four in the entire time since the trophy system was introduced before that. Too much times playing games last year.

Ryall

mookysam

1. Write reviews for at least a third of the games I complete
I really want to get back into a regular writing routine, so what better way to do it than write about the games I play?

2. Don't allow a backlog to develop on the PS5
I'm still getting through PS3 and PS4 games (not to mention Switch, DS, PSP, Vita and 3DS ones), so absolutely do not want a backlog to build up on the PS5. I'll only buy something if I intend to play it right away. This one is very doable, as at Ā£70 a pop I feel I'd be less inclined to get new games on release anyway.

3. Complete 30 games in 2021
Last year I completed 46 games, which was the most I've finished in a very long time. As many of the games were quite short, I've set my goal quite a bit lower so it's more manageable. Any game I see the end credits of counts as a completion, and on any platform.

4. Broaden my gaming horizons a little
Perhaps I'll be brave and attempt a Souls game!

5. Finish Red Dead Redemption II
I'd previously got up to the "New Orleans" chapter, but then got distracted. It's remained untouched on my shelf ever since.

6. Play a higher proportion of PS3 and Vita games
I'm not going to set an undoable goal of completing a specific number, because I know I won't be able to stick to it. However, I don't still want to have loads of unplayed Vita games on my shelf by the time the PS6 is released. Sony are likely to turn off servers sooner rather than later, so this is one I'd particularly like to achieve.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Another review-based resolution! That topic is gonna be popular this year; looking forward to reading whatever you write and share!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Iā€™ve thought of a couple to try and stick to and @Th3solution went and ā€œstoleā€ one of my ideas too

Complete the original Yakuza story

I just have 5 and 6 to go now so will aim to finish them this year and bring Kiryuā€™s story to an end.

Buy one game at launch

Iā€™m a cheapskate and am happy to wait for games to reduce in price and get patched up but if thereā€™s a killer single player game by a studio who release games in a finished state, Iā€™d like to hop aboard the hype train for something this year.

Play at least four PS+ games

A lowish number but an achievable one, particularly as Iā€™m interested in both games this month.

Platinum Kentucky Route Zero

I loved the game and want to replay it and can no go for the plat after they fixed the trophy issues.

Keep up with the review thread

Seems particularly apt seeing as people are planning to write more reviews. I most frequently visit this site on my phone and donā€™t want to read reviews on that but then keep putting off doing so on my laptop until Iā€™ve missed several pages. I promise to do better.

Non-gaming resolution

With my running, hit 500km for the year and get up to half marathon distance. The first is easily achievable and I was on course for both until I injured my hamstring last year and couldnā€™t run for almost three months.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho

The only issue I had with getting the plat on Kentucky Route Zero was ā€˜The Mapā€™ on Act 5 when you had to walk the path of the trophies icon. I get the feeling it wouldā€™ve been simple using a mouse on PC but it really didnā€™t ā€˜suitā€™ the controller. What other issues were there?

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore At release the game had problems with trophies triggering. For instance, I finished the game with the trophies for finishing some chapter but not others.

They have since patched the game so it's no longer an issue and it turned out that ones that I had done but not received would all pop in one go since the patch.

I didn't bother with some because of the issues, missed a couple anyway, and the 4th chapter requires a replay to get too so there are plenty for me to still get.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho

I always tend to play things blind the first time so I missed a few... maybe around 5 or 6. Picked them up on chapter select after that. Out of interest if you got ā€˜The Mapā€™ trophy how did you find it?

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I don't think I got that one. I tried but it didn't pop and I didn't know if it was because of me or the bug.

Thrillho

Gremio108

I'm usually good at this gaming resolutions lark but I'm struggling to think of many this time.

Platinum Dirt 5 - because why not? Seems a much simpler plat than Dirt 4.

Buy a PS5 - I kind of wish I'd tried harder to get one at launch, but it probably would have got stolen by a delivery driver and replaced with a sack of potatoes anyway.

Finish Hollow Knight - I've got myself a bit tangled up with this one, having explored a load of different areas right before I took an enforced Christmas break from it. Now I can't remember where I've been and what was there.

That's all I've got, I can't think of any more. Will update if I do.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho

I had to have a good few goes at it... at one point I thought I wouldnā€™t get it too. Definitely be prepared for giving a few efforts.

**** DLC!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.