Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,698

Nei

@themcnoisy you are approaching the end.
I am playing I am Setsuna at the moment and I swear it's Chrono Trigger with FFX's story. Auron is so clearly Auron that I named him so.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@Feena everytime I read that games title I think its "I am a Satsuma" lol. The screenshots I've seen remind me of the start of FF6.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@walrusballs Pretty much lol. God that game was damn near perfect. Perhaps dragged ever so slightly at points in the 3rd quarter but it's the only criticism I have of the game. Cant wait for it to show up on PS4.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I played it at release all those years ago (15?) but my memories of it are really shaky. Not least of all as some of the characters have been kind of redone in one way or another both in ff and mistwalkers other stuff and some of the other Jrpgs I've ran through make it a blur. That's not the case anymore, I know what happens next.... Kind of.

Nei

Ha, I saw this! The director of the project is Hideo Baba who used to work on the Tales of series...interesting.

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 looks interesting, gonna keep an eye on that one

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

Hallelujah, I'm done with FF10. Great last few fights and some heart string pulling with the last few scenes. Only took me 71 hours and around 2.5 years.

Spoilersville;

Great ending, but where does Tidus wake up at the end of the credits? Never saw that before.

Nei

@themcnoisy Congratulations on finishing the game! And no clue!

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy In the water back in his own time (universe/dimension?!)I always thought? Though it isn't clear and I always thought it was open to interpretation so you could assume he was in Yunas time if you wanted. Not sure if X2 offers any more clarity through its multiple endings though?

Well done on clearing it. It has some awesome moments..but some that put me right off playing it again.. Lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 Ahhhh Kyle, there's no time travel in ffx. That's a ruse at the start of the game.

3000 years ago there was a global war against Bavelle and Zanarkand, Zanarkand was losing due to the superior tech of Bavelle. To counter this as a last hope Yu Yevon the leader of Zanarkand has the inhabitants of Zanarkand take their own lives, due to the way the world of ffx works - the spirits that take their own lives don't die until they are sent (Auron is an unsent as an example) and enter a state were they can dream and using a conduit (summoner) those dreams can become a reality. The hundreds of thousands of unsent dream of Zanarkand which in turn becomes a real place way out in the ocean. Yu yevon uses pyreflies to create Sin, which in essence is the protector of dream Zanarkand, mainly sin defends dream zanarkand but strikes out when technology gathers pace as its a threat to dream zanarkand. Which is why no ones ever seen the place. But the place is a dream and so are all the people in it including Tidus. So when sin is destroyed then yu yevon - so is dream zanarkand, which means Tidus is no more. Pretty complicated but such an amazing story.

themcnoisy

@Feena yeah it was a really odd cut scene right at the end of the credits, he swims upwards then it cuts to black. Then the title screen. I was like. What the f£#%!

Its a tad disappointing as there's an audio drama sequel of sorts included in the remaster, maybe the cutscene was put In as a way for that to make sense? Who knows.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy haha yeah I did correct my post to include dimension/universe to account for the whole dream thing. But what I meant was it's ambiguous as to where Tidus ends up at the end. It is a mad plot though.

kyleforrester87

Nei

@themcnoisy You are right it is definitely there - just rewatched the ending. Doesn't tie in to what happens in X-2 but I found it kind of poetic... And in the end JRPGs are gonna JRPG a bit:P

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy @Feena OK SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK that scene is a easter egg for the perfect ending of FFX-2, IF you do the right things the faith of Bahamut will appear and offer to restore Tidus back to life, if you accept then Tidus comes back and he an Yuna live happily ever after

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I see. The ending where he dies / goes / disappears is well better Imo. Forever separated due to an act so brave and unselfish. To then be plonked back in at the end of x-2. Grrrr. Thanks for clearing that up much appreciated.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy no probs but you should add a spoiler on that post for people who haven't played the games yet

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I love that scene you are talking about but I never linked it to this one, probably because I didn't remember it....cool!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo the whole threads full of spoilers mate. I think we will only go spoiler tagging when a new ff comes out, or if someone's actively playing an older game and is going in blind. I think with us here ff6,7,8,9,10,13 and 15 cant be spoiled anymore. Im eyeing up ff4 psp collection for a rainy day which could be spoiled as again I think that ones a little too early for most of us and I'm unsure on 12. I've finished it twice but we never talk about it. So maybe that could be spoiled :/

Who's buying ff12 later this year?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic