Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc yeah i would agree with that, especially about Kimahri, i never used him unless i had too, made that bit at Mount Gagazet a bit difficult on my first play though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

ztpayne7

@fullbringichigo @johncalmc kimahri saved my x remastered international sphere grid play through. I was letting Yuna be a black and white mage and I realized I wouldn't get to holy in time for yunalesca. So I made kimahri's sole purpose to get straight there and I made it in time to share the ability with yuna 👌 As a whole, he's easily the weakest character in the game though.

ztpayne7

WanderingBullet

Dissidia: Final Fantasy will be coming to consoles along with a story mode.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yep can't wait for that one

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@johncalmc Ive been using the international board for ffx - Wakka is like some uber-powered god and Khimari likewise and has had demi since Luca :/

My team is Auron / Wakka / Khimari with occasional bouts of Rikku to lob cash at enemies to show how rich we are. Tidus is only good at casting cure in the menu screen.

I have just beaten Yunalisca and obtained my first trophy on FFX for over a year! Woo hoo. What a couple of fights at the top of dream Zanarkand. Some of the best in a final fantasy game. Post battles I'm currently in the airship, using a weird scan gameplay mechanism I didn't even know existed.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

johncalmc

@themcnoisy I've never played using that board but then I also don't think I ever will. Since getting the platinum in the game I can't find any urge within me to play it again. I never really cared for it much anyway. All I want in my life is VIII and IX being rereleased on PS4 with trophies.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy i'm using the normal board but i NEVER complete it, i like to keep all my characters unique you see, i do take them into other characters boards but only for stat building, NEVER to learn other moves

this way LuLu remains my Black Mage or Rikku remains my Thief for example otherwise if every character has every move you end up only using a few, the ones with the highest defense and attack because the others become useless

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I like the chance to break systems, like in ff8 for instance. It offers you the chance to play the game the way you want to play. I took Wakka down Aurons path and now he's on a random dash to the other side of the board. I have some lvl 3 and 4 spheres so its good times in sphere bliss for wakka. Yuna on the other hand is completely useless. Just like her voice actor.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Treat yourself to either 6 or 9 then go back to 5 I don't love 6, but I can see why people do. Might be fun to play one of the 3D ones after all the 2Dness!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

@kyleforrester87 hopefully! I need to know more.

@KratosMD you have EXP for the character and ability points for the job - you use those to unlock skills of your "equipped" job. It's a good one! Not as good as VI though.

I'd say mix it up so you don't get bored: 6 and 7 are very similar gameplay wise, but imho 6's 2D sprites have aged a lot better than 7's polygons; 10 and 13 are somehow similar in the way they unfold, with a strong focus on characters and story. And 12 and 15 are peculiar ones, trying some very different things. I quite like them, 15 more than 12.
9 is amazing

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD if you want to skip games to get to some of the later ones faster that's up to you as you can play them in any order you like really

but the ones you do skip deserve a play at some point at least although i suggest you COMPLETELY skip 11 as it's a pay to play MMO and while 14 is also one you can get a free trial on PSN or buy a 60 day time card so i suggest playing that

P.S you might find it seems a lot of people moan about FFVIII but ignore them, 8 is fantastic and once you learn how to use it's junction/draw system properly you will find it's one of the best battle systems in the series and don't forget some of the spin offs like X-2, XII Revenant Wings and the FFXIII Sequels

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD The only game outside the main series I've played is Type-0 which I really liked. Not keen on SRPGS like Tactics myself but I've seen some people swear on it.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@KratosMD FF tactics war of the lions is a good one. But its obtuse at times, and difficult from the start. Its set in Ivalice like ff12 and that gives it huge bonus points. Unfortunately I played it way after Disgaea 2 and for me comparing Ff tactics to disgaea is like comparing H from steps to Beethoven. Ive got it on vita and its very blurry and hard to enjoy. Although you do need to know that for me Disgaea is probably the best management game - better than Civilization, footy manager or Sim City so FF tactics is still worth a shot and you will like it.

Nei

@themcnoisy totally agree about Disgaea and FF tactics.

Nei

@kyleforrester87 Oh, don't get me wrong - he's a very talented man and I tend to like his games (loved the world ends with you!) but he wastes a lot of resources and takes forever to complete projects. He teases way too much with too little too show but then on the other hand he's very secretive when it comes to concrete informations...it makes his games really fell like vaporware/pipedreams. So whatever he's showing us now may end up not existing. Like all of Versus13 CG trailers and screens.
I also don't like the whole dark/angst vibe he seems to dig so much, but that is just my taste.

Edited on by Nei

Nei

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Feena Fair enough - it is a bit concerning how long KH3 is taking, and to think he's directing both? hmm!

ding! ding! LOL

I might have have PTSD but when I see new Final Fantasy 7R footage I just pray that in 6-7 years some poor man doesn't have to repurpose all these assets and turn them into a somewhat functional FF16.

Edited on by Nei

themcnoisy

So I beat the final version of Seymour. What an easy fight! Sin was a doddle to take down too. I'm at a point I think is the end fight. Tidus and Auron have really grown on me and I'm concerned ots almost curtains for them!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic