Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 1,955

KratosMD

@Ralizah @FullbringIchigo That's honestly pretty dang impressive if they're going that route. However, I'm worried that if the first part is only the first quarter of the original, then how long is it going to take before we reach the final part of the remake? It's been four years since the remake was announced at E3 2015, so if each part is say a third of the original, then we're not even going to be able to play the final part until 2028.

It could be though that it took a long time to get the main framework done and it should be easier to develop the consecutive parts of the remake. But that's still years in the making.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I think part of the reason for such a long delay @KratosMD was that they changed development with CyberConnect2 to in completely in house. Or something like that... not entirely sure

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yep they were originally working with CC2 but they eventually decided to move it in house and start again after CC2 wanted to make a lot of drastic changes to the characters including their designs but Square didn't want them too and they couldn't come to an agreement on it

as for how long the others will take well i doubt it will be that long really, i imagine they are working on the next part already and now they do have everything in place it should be a lot easier and quicker to do the upcoming chapters

but when you think about it it's not really anything new in gaming, many games have come in parts they just label them as sequels for example Mass Effect, that was one story over 3 games and took 5 years to finish their story or the original Modern Warfare story, that was also 5 years over 3 games

too many people are focusing on the word "episodic" and confusing it with games like The Walking Dead and besides the word Episodic which was mistranslated in the first place

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

KratosMD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @FullbringIchigo Gotcha, that makes sense then!

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I think Square Enix's communication regarding how to view the remake has been rather poor. Your explanation makes way more sense, i.e. the first part is one complete game and the subsequent titles are going to be regarded as "sequels" even though they were all originally a single game. That makes a lot of sense, since I thought it was one game split up into different parts.

I do wonder how they're going to name the future titles though. With games like FFX and FFXIII, they just added "-2" at the end of the title for their sequels. So technically the sequel for this one should be "Final Fantasy VII-2 Remake".

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD they might just add it to the original release as DLC

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

FullbringIchigo

Square have released the OFFICIAL box art for FINAL FANTASY VII Remake, what do you think?

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

so i got back into playing FINAL FANTASY IX again (love that game) but i forgot to get the Coffee during the card game tournament so i have messed up that side quest but it got me thinking, What side quests in a FF game DIDN'T you like (P.S i actually like all the side quests in IX included the coffee one but it is annoying that you can miss so many of them if you don't get certain items at certain times)

there are a lot of side quests in FINAL FANTASY but not everyone is good for every FFVIII Triple Triad there is a FFX Chocobo Race so to speak

for me the ones that didn't quite hit home are the afore mentioned Chocobo Racing from FFX, getting a time of 0.00.00 seconds on a course with random placements of balloons (which lower your final time) and a Chocobo you can't steer properly makes it frustrating instead of fun and i am disappointed they didn't fix it in the remaster

another is Battle Square in FFVII while in theory it's not a bad one it's the bloody slot machine debuff system that lets it down and you can completely fail just because random chance took away your ability to do something also the Tower Defence mini game in VII as well, when you HAVE to do it at one point in the story i just save my money and wait for them to get to the top and then just wipe them out with my team

and just one more but the Missions from FFXIII they just wan't that fun, you have to traipse all over Pulse and just do fights and bar a few of them you don't get anything of note, nor do they give you good CP so you can't really use them to grind either (and at that point you really need to grind a lot otherwise you're not going to be able to get through the last section of the game) so they are pretty much useless

Arugula

@FullbringIchigo Always thought the EU art for FF VII through X was infinitely better than what NA got but it's a nice homage to the original NA artwork.

Arugula

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula that it is

on a side note we also had the classic logo on a white background for XI, XII, The Collectors edition of FXIII and the standard edition of FFXIII-2 as well

Arugula

@FullbringIchigo Huh, I was unaware of the others but having looked at images of them they're cool too. Am I right in thinking the deluxe version has the EU design but black instead of white or is that just placeholder?

Arugula

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula i'm assuming that is just a place holder, no news on what it's final design is just yet

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula while i would love the box art to be like the original EU release in the end i'm not really fussed, i'm just happy to know the game is coming out soon

Arugula

@FullbringIchigo Agreed. It's hardly the be all and end all. Definitely my #1 anticipated title before the next generation.

Arugula

FullbringIchigo

got back into FFVIII Remastered and got round to finally getting all the GF
Untitled

on a side note i have just 3 trophies left to get, beat 1000 enemies, Beat Omega Weapon and finish the game so the platinum is within my reach

beating Omega is going to be a major pain in the backside though, well if i use the boosters it wouldn't be but why the hell would i do that, where is the fun in beating a super boss if your pretty much invincible

the boosters should be disabled for that fight, the no encounters one is in the deep sea research center so it's not like they couldn't do it

FullbringIchigo

i love how in Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Ultima Weapon is actually holding Clouds Ultima Weapon from FFVII
Untitled

and speaking of Ultima Weapons
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

and yes i'm well aware i need to build up Quistis and Selphie but i just like the other characters more and besides their Limit Breaks are pretty crap, well Selphie has a few good ones you can use IF there is a full moon out and you have a 4 leaf clover and a lucky charm and you have performed the correct incantation while also crossing your fingers and toes while doing a lucky dance

seriously in my current play through The End has still yet to appear and Rapture only showed once, ONCE

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo ichigo thanks for all the photo shares. I may not post often in this thread yet I am always checking your screen grabs in awe. Well played mate.

As a side note Exeter (the place) is really nice. A big recommend from me.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah getting Lion Heart was as much of a pain as i remember, finding Pulse Ammo is the main issue, the easiest way to get it is ti refine it from Energy Crystals and the easiest enemy to get them from are Elvorets but they don't show up until Disc 3 after Lunatic Pandora arrives at Tears Point and the Luna Cry happens

of course you could mine Elvoret cards on disc 1 and 2 but those are a pain in the backside to get and it takes ages because you need so many to turn into an energy crystals

the only other one that's a pain is Quistis Save the Queen as you need 8 Malboro Tentacles for that and you know how hard those fights are on FF8 because it's Bad Breath attack is lethal unless you have the correct status defences, which means lots of drawing magic and junctioning involved

FullbringIchigo

they are adding Noct's original VsXIII design to Dissidia NT as an alternate costume
Untitled

personally i think this is awesome, shame they never added it to FFXV though

they also announced that The Dawn of the Future will get an English release

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

So Square Enix have released some concept art people think might be FINAL FANTASY XVI and i think it looks pretty great

Untitled

now we know Square are hiring for next gen projects AND we know the producer of FFXIV Naoki Yoshida (the guy who pretty much saved that game from the mess it was) has said he wants to make a new FF with a more Fantasy setting and NOT a MMO instead a full blown single player story driven one and that he is working on a new project

anyway what do you think, is this FFXVI or something completely different?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic