Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 161 to 180 of 242

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry @nessisonett Kids who are in or barely out of High School don't get to feel old.

But yeah, it's almost shocking how old that teaser trailer is compared to when the game is actually releasing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Apparently the story behind it is they started preliminary development of the game around 2012 ish but they stalled it for years to focus on finishing Witcher 3 and its various DLC content before going into full production in 2017/2018, which is why its taken this long, and why the 5 year gap between trailers was as pronounced as it was

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

I'll definitely be watching again. I haven't got around to reading the 'World of' book yet but have I have a week off soon. It's the week I booked off for the game when it was scheduled for September funnily enough.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets i managed to rearrange my time off for the November date. Now if PS5 can also release that week, that would be perfect. I was going to go on a blackout on this game, but as there has been not much PS5 news recently, **** it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I wasn't able to shift mine but I have another week right at the end of November/start of December so it's not too bad. Yeah it's a tricky balance of being excited to see stuff but wanting to save as much as possible for the actual playing experience. I think CD Projekt seem to be doing quite a good job of not giving too much away .

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles I've changed my leave off work two times now lol. It's gonna be a time sink and a really immersive experience, the type of game I can see getting really deep into.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder @crimsontadpoles I arranged time off for 3 games this year, The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077. You can see how well that turned out for me.

I'm hoping Game is good at getting out games on release day. I don't normally shop with them but I had to get the collectors edition for this so I had to use them.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Yeah I've got it through Amazon too. I might change it to digital though as my ps4 doesn't like discs at the moment, and Amazon usually deliver to me at about 8 in the evenings. Think my head would explode if i had to wait that long to play it on release day.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets You should be OK, I've ordered my Switch from Game and a few games over the years, and I've not had any problems. Don't think I've pre-ordered anything from them as I usually go with Shopto and Simply Games. I've always received games from those two a few days early.

BearsEatBeets

Alanah Pearce has just revealed she is in Cyberpunk 2077, I was planning on being Nomad so will keep an eye out for her quest.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah saw that, can't wait to shoot her in the face. And then reload and take her quest.

Always remember when Jessica Chobot then from IGN was in one of the Mass Effect games, and depending on what dialogue to chose you get the option of punching her in the face.

Ralizah

Glad they finally announced the recommended specs for this on PC.

I'm under the recommended specs, but not wildly so. So I imagine 60fps is doable with some settings turned down.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

BearsEatBeets

I liked the Night City Wire ep #3, I didn't realise there were so many gangs. I'll have to start reading the 'world of' book. Hollie announced there is going to be an episode 4 (bound to be next month).

@JohnnyShoulder I remember Jessica in the game but didn't realise you could punch her. I was probably being too Paragon in my playthrough of 3. I punched the reporter in the Citadel in 2 though.

BearsEatBeets

TheFrenchiestFry

Alright I just checked the PC spec requirements for the game and it's safe to say I overcompensated and then some

since I have a 2060 I might as well try out the RTX mode out of curiosity

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

I have a GTX 1060 so I just squeak in with the recommended specs.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett For future multiplats during this coming gen it's probably best you consider upgrading

Especially with the 30 series cards out now it's likely the minimum requirements will jump up to 7th or 8th gen Intel CPUs/Whatever gen Radeon was on and the 16 series cards probably

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry It’s my laptop I got when I started uni two years ago so my general aim is for it to last until I graduate, which seems reasonable as that’ll be 2023. If it goes on me before then I’ll upgrade but at this point, I need the portability and the RTX laptops aren’t quite there yet for the price.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.