Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 141 to 160 of 242

Ralizah

@Octane For me, I think it matters what the "next gen upgrade" entails. If it just means 4K/raytracing, then I don't care to wait, because I don't care about that stuff anyway. What I don't want is for the console version of the game to feel janky at launch, which feels like it might be possible.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah true, but if it's 4K or better performance then I'd consider waiting. They're usually quite transparent about this kind of stuff, but it feels like they're pretty quiet this time around.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I agree.

My intuition is telling me this: the scope of Cyberpunk has grown to the point where it's functionally a next-gen game, but they've promised it on current gen systems for years now and probably don't want to miss out on the millions of sales they'd miss by just making it a PC/XSX/PS5 exclusive.

I believe this more than ever having seen the game's jaw-dropping PC footage.

But turning out a technical mess on PS4/Xbone, having the home console equivalent of The Outer World's Switch port, would be incredibly damaging for their brand image.

No wonder they keep delaying it!

Edited on by Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@getsammyb you seen this?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

The weapons looked sick man. Hopefully they have sorted the melee, as the last playthroughs a few commented that it didn't feel right.

Wish they would show some PS4 footage, that is the one major doubt lingering at the back of my mind over this.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

crimsontadpoles

I've only just caught up with yesterday's livestream, and wow, just wow. Out of the 3 lifepaths, I'm going to opt for Corpo. Being a higher up in a corrupt, dystopian corporation seems like an excellent fit for a cyberpunk game.

And the weapon variety is looking great as well, especially as legendary weapons have unique abilities. Any NPCs who don't want to part with their one of a kind legendary weapons are going to have a bad time on my playthrough.

nessisonett

It’s pretty cool that Refused are doing the soundtrack. The Shape of Punk to Come is really quite good. I mean, they’ve been mostly crap since and that single for Cyberpunk was pretty terrible but hey, they used to be good!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Cool setup.
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Looks like there might be some more Cyberpunk info/footage of some description tomorrow. Possibly at a Nvidea event.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Ralizah

We're less than three months out from launch. I just want gameplay footage for the console versions, minimum and recommended specs on the PC version, etc.

nessisonett

@Ralizah They’ve got to sell all those ‘pro gamer’ models first, even though everybody knows that you can put together a better rig for less money that doesn’t glow an obscene colour. Seen rather a lot of parts going for sale with promises of running Cyberpunk too, not surprising given the abhorrent audience this game is attracting despite the best efforts of CDPR.

Ralizah

@nessisonett A lot of that is just carried over from the pro-gamer elitist cult that formed online around TW3 and its white male power fantasy of a protagonist. The worst elements in its audience have disavowed it since we've learned about sex customization and seen that most of the female characters won't look like the girl in that old teaser trailer from 2013 (gd this game has been in development for a while!)

nessisonett

@Ralizah I find the Witcher 3 stuff hilarious. The entire crux of most sidequests involve saving minorities from idiotic racist white people. Anyone who somehow misses the extremely obvious metaphors doesn’t deserve to play games 😂😂

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Watching this trailer makes me feel so old

To give context I'm pretty sure I've been following this game since like 5th grade and when the game comes out I'll be in my first year of uni

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry The fact there’s now somebody on these sites younger than me makes me feel old. I’ve been chatting to most of these lovely people, mostly through the articles, since I was 13 and I’ll be 20 next week. Now that’s a scary thought!

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett I'd like to think I'm a lot more mature than I actually am considering my first exposure to video games in general was Splinter Cell, but that in conjunction to recieving Persona 3 Portable and a PSP as a birthday present when I was 8 just kinda meant that my parents didn't give two craps about video game ratings

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry I was a Nintendo kid until my uncle gave us his PS2 and all his games. Even then it was mostly Tony Hawk, Spider-Man 3 and Shadow the Hedgehog instead of the many great games I had on it. I only started playing big AAA higher age rated games when I went up to my dad’s, who had a PS3 and a desperate need to ingratiate himself with us. Played loads of Modern Warfare 2 and then got hooked on Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption and later on, GTA V. Persona 3 was the first MegaTen game I played but it was the FES version, which I still think holds its own against the Portable version. I’d play FES for a male MC playthrough and Portable for a female MC playthrough. It does feel like Cyberpunk’s been in the works for ages though, can’t believe it’s almost out.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett My first console was an Xbox but outside of Nintendo handhelds I went almost completely with PlayStation in terms of platform loyalty, as I got a PS3, PSP and a Vita while the only Nintendo home console I got was a Wii as a birthday present, while only getting a taste of the Wii U through playing with friends after school prior to getting a Switch within the launch window. Funnily enough Spider-Man 3 was one of my first PS3 games but this was back then when I didn't realize open world games had proper story objectives and I just liked to screw around in NYC while suicide jumping off the Empire State Building just to look at that goofy face plant animation Spidey had when he landed

SMT Strange Journey was my first MegaTen but it was P3P that basically turned me into a proper fan of the series, and where I would start following it, as well as other RPGs more closely. P3P is actually my preferred way of playing P3 because I can easily get past the lack of anime cutscenes or 3D overworld models since the gameplay improvements were that great

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Spider-Man 3’s PS2 version is better than the next-gen version strangely enough. One of the few examples I could name. I mostly played JRPGs on the DS, DQXI is still an absolute cracker and I had both FF3 and FF4 as well, which were bloody difficult. I think the first JRPG to make me get into the genre was Skies of Arcadia Legends on the Cube though, it’s a crying shame that game hasn’t been seen since.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett The PSP was my personal first exposure to both platformers and RPGs. Even though I did play stuff like FFV Advance and Dragon Quest IX on DS, the PSP was where I got into stuff like KH Birth by Sleep, Crisis Core, the Ys games, FFIV The Complete Collection, FF Tactics, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 1, Final Fantasy III and the Valkyria Chronicles games

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.