Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 121 to 140 of 242

BearsEatBeets

After watching a few people's impression videos of playing Cyberpunk my youtube recommendations have become about 80% Cyberpunk.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett If those are the reasons for anyone not playing this, then more fool them!

@BearsEatBeets It is sounding promising. I saw Alanah Pearce's Q & A vid earlier, I like what she said about player agency and the side quests she did.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I watched Alanah's Q&A vid as well as Parris and Skillup's. It sounds really promising. I noticed though that the announcement of the delay to November came exactly when these select people played the early game. I'm thinking maybe the feedback from that made them realise they have a few more things to tweek/balance before release.
Parris has all the gameplay b-roll they were given stitched together without commentary so you clearly get the game sound.

Also discovered there definitely is a Ciri easter egg and a car call Aerondight.

BearsEatBeets

ApostateMage

I'll be honest, I thought the game was going to be third person and when I first heard that it wasn't i was a tad disappointed. Then i saw that 2018 gameplay vid and it all made sense.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

Booked a week off work so I can get fully immersed into Night City.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I had the week booked off for the September release. My hols are all booked around to March '21 but might see if I can juggle something.

Alanah Pearce has recently uploaded her in-depth description of her 4 hour playthrough which has good insight.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@ApostateMage yeah I was the same hoping for third person but find it hard to imagine it working so well that way now. Just hope it doesn't end up being one of the rare examples of first-person games that give me a headache.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I've changed it three times now lol. When it was due to be released in April I had to ask special permission as it was close to our busy financial year end period. Still got a few days left to book which I might use when PS5 is out, if I decide to get it at launch.

Cool I might check that vid out, although getting a bit wary of finding too much out.

BearsEatBeets

I've seen a few mutterings on Twitter that the next episode of Night City Wire might on the 9th July. Apparently it's come from Geoff Keighley but I can't see anything so may be rubbish. Seems a tad soon but it would be cool.

BearsEatBeets

themcnoisy

I'm not a fan of the CDPR back catalogue but when the are giving proper stuff away with the base game - like manuals and reverse covers. It's a day 1 from me as their pro consumer stance is fantastic.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy They also offered loads of free DLC with the Witcher 3, every week for something like 2 months after release.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder think it's 17 pieces of dlc. It's great customer service and that needs commending. Compared to say EA or Activision.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Sounds about right. Welcome the **** on board samurai.

Ralizah

https://www.techspot.com/news/85870-cyberpunk-2077-confirmed-...

Welp, there goes my interest in getting this at launch entirely. I'm not upgrading my PC to Microsoft's security nightmare of an OS just to run one game. ESPECIALLY when it would break compatibility with a VN that I went to great pains to make compatible with Windows 8.1.

I guess I'll keep an eye on the PS4 version, although I get the feeling playing this on the PS4 is going to be akin to playing TW3 on Switch: functional, but not great for a solo version of the game.

We'll see.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I way prefer 10 to Windows 8, I can’t actually name any problems I’ve had with that OS. The only thing is that HDR is a bit of a nightmare to get working. It’s kinda telling that the labs in uni are all still on 7 Professional though, it’s the best OS they’ve ever done.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I've worked with a lot of computers over time, and certain changes made to Win10 rub me the wrong way. Also, I can't get over how they pushed the update to Win10 on computers that weren't even properly equipped to efficiently run that OS.

Win7, as you say, is their best ever OS, but when I was building my last PC it wasn't really an option anymore, so I opted for Win8.1 and used classic shell to fix any level of reliance on the metro screen.

The unfortunate truth is that, whenever I get around to spending the money to build a new tower, I'm going to have to opt for Windows 10, so maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet sooner than later. We'll see.

Or maybe I'll jump in sooner with a next-gen console if they're not prohibitively expensive. I now have my eye trained on Microsoft and the rumored Xbox Series S VERY closely now.

Either way, it's looking like Doom Eternal is the last BIG game I'll buy for it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah, newer PCs are pretty much required to run 10 and a lot of games are dropping support for an older OS. At least old games work pretty well on 10, I managed to get XP games working great and even ones like the original Sims, which I think might even be from Windows ME. I went to school with a guy that swore by Windows Vista as the superior OS which was just plain wrong!

JohnnyShoulder

Ha ha hats off to whoever is running the Cyberpunk twitter account!

Untitled

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. I don't know when to buy this game, and for what system. Back when it was still a September release it sounded like a good plan to just wait for the PS5 and play it on that. I think I'm still going to do that, but the news that the proper next gen upgrade won't be out until 2021 worries me a bit. Additionally, the two CDPR games I've played; The Witcher 3 and Thronebreaker were awful at launch. So waiting for the worst bugs to be patched out seems like a good idea anyway. I can get it day one on PS4, but I don't know if I want to play a compromised version.

I don't think we've even seen the game running on a console at this point, let alone on a base PS4 or Xbox.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Yeah, no way I’m getting it at launch cause CDPR will be spending the next few months sorting all those bugs. I’m glad I got Witcher 3 a few years after release because by that point it was sorted!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.