Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,454

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I've stored loads of stuff. I'm ex submariner so all the stuff we used to store on board I've tried to emulate.

I never understood the bog roll thing. If you are isolating indoors then food, liquid and things to do are the most important things. Trust me by week 3 or 4 out of an unknown amount of days away you need stuff to keep you occupied. You can always wash your bum hole out - who the hell cares!

*that's a last resort we still have 2 and a half bog rolls.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy We'll probably fully isolate (as much as possible, anyway; I'm still going outside to exercise at times) when confirmed cases get to our area. Before that, I think we'll still go out to get food once in a while and go to the occasional doctor's appointment. But we've stopped spending time with friends, have closed down our store to walk-in visitors, and really only interact with one-another at this point. We're also very conscientious about hand-washing.

Although we're all a little sick with SOMETHING right now. Nobody has a fever or anything besides a runny nose and cough, though, so I doubt it's Covid. If it is, though, and you stop hearing from me... well...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

My whatever-it-was has mostly subsided, so I doubt it was "it" but I'm still really nervous about going to see my partner, so will likely stay put until the antibody tests are widely distributed. Well, I say "stay put" but I'll need to go shopping for bits and bobs in the next couple days; I guess I meant more "stay away from him" more than anything. I'm actually quite looking forward to walking through my eerily-deserted town, and reportedly some of the food shops and supermarkets that have stayed open have plenty of stock, as people prefer to visit more isolated locations. Suits me fine!

@Ralizah Here's hoping you can all shake your colds / man-flu soon. How'd your Mum's hospital appointment go? Was she well-treated there?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Heavyarms55

Congratulations America! You're finally, actually, number 1 in something other than military spending! The most infected nation on Earth! But it's cool. I'm sure everything will be fine by Easter. After all, the dear leader has a "good feeling" about that very beautiful time of year!

@themcnoisy Well that's some good news then. I'm still inclined to wait before I trust 100% that reinfection can't happen, but it's a good sign.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Oh yeah, her hospital is being VERY careful. No visitors, limited interaction with the staff, and temperature checks before you can even get in. lol Her cardiologist was even wearing a mask when he came to talk to her.

@Heavyarms55 17,166 and counting so far today, baby! We're going to be breaking infection rate records every day for weeks now. Our infection rate is going to be double China's within a week, if not sooner.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

The local drug dealer’s doing home delivery apparently. That’s nice of him in these trying times 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

@Heavyarms55 He also said that they had "Tremendous control over the virus" last week but then admitted that they don't the following day if I remember correctly.

Anyways, it's crazy that the US has the most number of reported cases currently considering that US's population is only a quarter of China's. They should've taken this matter more seriously earlier.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Rudy_Manchego

@nessisonett Oh, I mean it is good to see that even drug dealers are following the quarantine.

I know that in my local area/city there are massive issues with public order as the drugs are drying up and dealers are not on the streets so addicts are getting desperate. It is weird how this affects society in different ways.

It is ok, I have 3 condoms of Grade A Charlie up the 'ole passage ready to go.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

@LN78 Right. Because, for weeks, we've been denying tests to people who need them left and right (although we always have enough for celebrities and politicians, strangely!). We've been telling people they don't need tests unless they're sick and in the hospital, which means we'll never getting ahead of this thing like the South Koreans did (granted, the window for doing this was weeks ago, so it wouldn't matter how much testing we do now unless we rolled it out to EVERYONE and then enacted some sort of draconian quarantine order nation-wide, which isn't going to happen until society starts falling apart). How nice of the administration to give the virus a solid month-long start and THEN improve testing capacity so that we can see just how F'ed we are.

I mean, don't get me wrong: we absolutely should be increasing testing. Even if the truth is uncomfortable, we need to know the extent of the problem here. That has been true since the beginning. But it's not going to matter unless pared with a plan of action, which would require a competent federal leader, frankly.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Look at it from the positive side. It will all be over by Easter, everything will be solved by then. I'm stuck inside till June at least.

Octane

Gremio108

Found out last night that I'm going to be getting paid while this is going on. Thank goodness. Feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest. Soon to be replaced by the virus, no doubt.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

andreoni79

So let's talk about herd immunity...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Ralizah

Boris Johnson is really leaning into that herd immunity thing. Leading by example.

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 boom. Get in mate.

Being furloughed into definite wages whilst off is the best thing since, well pretty much anything really.

I was never the biggest fan of the Conservatives, however the idea and implementation of the payments has been amazing all things considered.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Sorry, this topic has been locked.