Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,454

zupertramp

@nessisonett yeah hope you feel better soon. I was the only one with uncontrollable shivers in my family. good times.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

Just curious — In Europe, the UK, and elsewhere outside of the U.S., is there a lot of anti-vax, anti-mask, use of unapproved treatments, conspiracy theory, plandemic, and general mistrust of the scientific community and public health officials?
As society here teeters again on the brink with the current wave, I just wonder how things are going elsewhere. Are the hospitals all filling up where you are? What are the general attitudes of the people towards vaccination and treatment?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Probably not as much as in the US, but yeah, still o ton of that. A lot of people still somehow convinced covid is largely harmless or not real at all.
Here in Poland the situation has been surprisingly good for a few months now (100-300 daily cases looks good compared to the peak of 35,000 in March) but I fully expect it to get worse again before the end of the year.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I saw on the news over the weekend that 78% of the adult population has been double jabbed.

Going round shops and stuff, masks seem to be less popular.

As for the other stuff, I don't pay much attention to it so couldn't say how much of it is out there.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder In the UK, the deniers are pretty much universally thought of as crackpots. They 100% aren’t given the crazy national platform that they are in the States. There’ll always be wackos but they’re few and far between and seem to primarily be old men who used to have respectable music careers.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Voltan @JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett Ok, I figured. The group of conspiracy theorists seems to grow daily, but I do think it’s more that they are becoming more vocal rather than more numerous. The fact that this is all an elaborate plan to enslave the people, all engineered by… I’m not sure who or why, but whatever. People are so distrusting of the public health authorities that they’ve chosen to follow a train of thought that leads them to a tangled web of hearsay and speculation that I can’t even understand where people are coming from.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Keith_Zissou I know a few who were wiped out by jab 2, but personally my arm ached a bit more and that was it. 💪

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Keith_Zissou Dunno, I went out out the Saturday after my 2nd jab and the hangover was a whole lot worse than the after effects of the jab. 😂

Voltan

@Keith_Zissou I guess I had a similar reaction. The arm was sore for a couple days and I was basically feeling like I hadn't got enough sleep the next day (it was bad enough that I just went to sleep at like 2 p.m.) and that was it.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Keith_Zissou I’ve had a weird feeling of a lump in my throat since my jab. I got hit pretty bad by it though. Everyone’s experience is different!

Th3solution

@nessisonett It all depends where the tracking device settles in.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Dang, I better call 0800-R1GHT-SA1D-FRED

zupertramp

We're up to 3 separate exposures at my daughter's school now. Lol. It's only been two full weeks of school.

Stocked up on ivermectin though, cause god only knows what's in that vaccine, so not too worried personally.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Is that ivermectin stuff the horse bum medicine that Joe Rogan was taking?

zupertramp

@nessisonett yes. Mr. "If you're young and healthy you don't need the vaccine" feels he needs a livestock dewormer. The jokes continue to write themselves.

nessisonett

@zupertramp He does seem to be making an ass of himself. Ba dum tss

mookysam

It boggles the brain that people refuse to have the vaccine because they don't trust science or modern medicine, but will happily take worming treatment meant for horses and cows because Fox News says so. 🤦‍♂️

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

@mookysam @nessisonett @zupertramp Well, my aunt Millie got COVID and ate sardines dipped in buttermilk for 10 days and she survived so it’s proof it works.

But I’m going with the notion that amongst all my friends who play video games for at least 20 hours per week, none have died from COVID, so clearly playing video games is protective. I’m trying to increase my game time to get extra protection. I mean, there’s proof right there!

Edited on by Th3solution

R1spam

@mookysam I can't get my head round it either, literal evidence that a subset of people can't escape out an echo chamber or critically evaluate what's on their social media feed. I'm surprised American private healthcare will fund covid treatment for unvaccinated adults. Seems an obvious way to save a buck or two given they can barely provide type 1 diabetics with insulin.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Sorry, this topic has been locked.