Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,454

Octane

@themcnoisy Don't get your hopes up. And don't forget that not everyone will get the vaccine right away. If done right, the vulnerable will get it first, and it may take a 2 or 3 months until everyone has access to it. Of course, it's not mandatory, so there will be still a bunch of people that won't get it either way.

Octane

themcnoisy

@Octane The reality is most people under 50 are relatively okay, the reason for the lockdown is old people are now back in hospital. Get the vaccine to the over 50s and covid 19 is less of an issue.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@nessisonett Haha best not I still haven't started FF7 remake.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

zupertramp

I'm not expecting a slight return to normalcy until late 2022. I've even heard indications of '23 and '24. Not sure I'm that pessimistic but I think people should probably be prepared for the fact that a vaccine will probably take longer than they think.

Also, from what I understand, immunity by way of vaccine only really works if enough people have the immunity so I'm not sure just rolling it out to old people changes the situation all that much. Until pretty much everyone gets the vaccine it's still gonna be all about the masks and social distancing.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

‘Magna Carter’ is trending because of people looking for loopholes in lockdown. They can’t even spell Magna Carta right, they sound like farmer historians.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

Kinda off topic but first week of March I was strolling through Walmart, blissfully ignorant of the fact I'd be back a week later hopelessly trying to stock up on dried goods, when I see both an Air Fryer and Pressure Cooker on sale and I bought both on impulse. These were easily the smartest impulse purchases I've ever made. I use these constantly.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp That was a wise decision, I got a slow cooker before lockdown and it’s been a godsend. Kitchen appliances are my Achilles heel though, I buy them on a whim far too often.

zupertramp

@nessisonett yeah I'm kind of a sucker for stuff like this too. Griddles, sandwich makers, waffle makers, smoothie machines. I've bought just about everything. Truth be told I do use them but some waay more often than others.

Edited on by zupertramp

nessisonett

@zupertramp I used to use my George Foreman loads but not as much since I got a proper great pan. I really want a Nutri Ninja though, the lack of a blender or food processor limits some of the stuff I can do, especially baking-wise. Plus smoothies. Mmm.

zupertramp

@nessisonett I have a Ninja Blender which, at one time, I used often but now that I have one of their smoothie blender things I rarely get it out. So I definitely recommend them. The only thing that sucks is the blades are really dull these days. Not sure if you can get replacements or if it's easier to just get the whole thing new.

zupertramp

Was looking forward to Covid disappearing over here stateside after the election. No dice, I guess, after third straight day of record numbers. Weird. It's almost like the the health experts we keep in place for these exact situations know what they are talking about.

Th3solution

@zupertramp Lol, yeah - people actually believed the pandemic was fabricated for political purposes and would disappear after the election. I think these same people must be the ones believing the earth is flat too.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Hey, I’ve played Assassin’s Creed. The Earth isn’t flat, it just has a big wall around it that says “Area not available. WARNING: Desynchronization imminent”.

nessisonett

Untitled

Ralizah

@zupertramp I don't know what you're talking about. Covid disappeared after Easter. Trump wouldn't lie to us about that.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

zupertramp

Here in the states, Veteran's Day means businesses offering quite a few freebies to those who have served. Mostly this means free meals at restaurants and I wasn't sure what that would mean this year with Covid. Being that many, if not most, who take advantage of such offers are older, I wondered, would businesses offer a somewhat safer alternative to dining in? The answer seems to be no. Seems unwise.

On a side note, I was recently thinking, it really says something about the resilience of our species that we can be so dumb and still have lasted so long.

nessisonett

@zupertramp I’ve always had a weird relationship with Remembrance Day as it’s called over here. My great grandad fought in WW2 and married a German woman of Polish background he met over there so I have family that died on both sides of both world wars. Plus, I have loads of Irish family with, shall we say, an interesting relationship with the British Army so it’s a tough one. Poppies are also completely politicised where I’m from due to the crazy sectarianism. I do usually support the White Poppy campaign but with Covid I haven’t been out to pick one up. I did see this absolute gem on Twitter though 😂

Untitled

RogerRoger

My father went to his local supermarket looking for the Poppy People, only to be told that they'd been banned from wandering about the entrance, because of coronavirus. He had to call the RBLI and order three poppies through the snail mail.

It's a shame shops couldn't be trusted to monitor a donation box on each till. Same with the situation over in America; apply a little forethought, and something could've been done.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

zupertramp

Me: Checks phone quickly for notification, distractedly refreshes Push Square because the browser is still open, reads "Poppy People," sighs heavily, heads to search engine while ignoring entirely the original reason for checking phone.

zupertramp

Oh and just to clarify, your Rememberance Day is more akin to our Memorial Day. Veterans Day is just for any ol' schmuck who served... like myself.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.