Forums

Topic: 2017 Holiday Loot Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

Tasuki

So it's that time of the year where we find out if we were naughty or nice. Did you find that shiney new console under the tree this year or a lump of coal? Share with others what you got/gave for the holiday season this year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

Received

So far I have not received too much as Christmas is still two days away. I did however receive a new phone from my son yesterday. He wanted to wait till Christmas to give me it but with T-Mobile being closed on Christmas he got it for me today.

Gave

As for giving

Son: LA Noire, Skyrim, MK8 on the Switch. Monopoly Gamer Edition Tokens. Some odds and ends like candy and such.

Mom:. $50 Gift Card to Barnes N Nobles

Brother: $50 Gift Card to Walmart

That's it for now, I will update in a few days.

My Backlog

ArkhamKnerd

If I'm only listing games, I got my wife Stardew Valley. Maybe it'll break her Overwatch addiction. I asked for Assassin's Creed Origins, so we'll see if I find it under the tree. 😄

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Gamer83

My 3DS crapped the bed earlier this year but there were some games my sister and I were hoping to play on the system so we ended up splitting the cost on a New 2DS XL as an early Christmas present for ourselves. Now we just have to see if the two of us remember how to share our toys.

Gamer83

LieutenantFatman

Gifted my Dad a couple of the latest Dungeon Crawler games as well as one of the old xcom games using gog.com
He loves those sort of games so hopefully should go down well.
Sony missed a trick in not allowing us to gift each other digital games using psn.

Reckon I'll get Pillars of Eternity and possibly the FFXII remaster over Xmas. Not too fussed though if not, plenty of games in the backlog I need to play.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

Ok so heres whats now in the house;

PS4

PSVR and vr worlds
GT Sport
GT Sport limited edition Dual Shock 4
Project Cars 2
Odin Sphere Leiftrasir (mum in law u legend)
1 years ps plus
£10 ps store credit

Vita

Killzone Mercenary

Switch

ARMS
Mario Odyssey
Mario and Rabbids Kingdom battle

Xbox

Elite controller~
Forza 7
EA Access (not so legendary after this!)

I also bought Megaman legends in the sale last night.

Whew. I know Trails in the sky and the snes mini is coming next week on my birthday and fingers crossed gundam vs so it looks like a rammed couple of weeks over here. Top Christmas and I also got to watch Home Alone 2 with the family.

~ I know this controller has many fans and the build quality is chunky and solid, the d-pad is great and the packaging is top notch. Unfortunately the rear levers are no where near what I was expecting and compared to my ds4 it feels too small on my hands like the standard x1 controller. The elite has put me off spending big on very minor upgrades in the future.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KidRyan

I've compiled a list of my Christmas 2017 Haul/Loot below.

Mom:
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4)
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Explorer's Edition (PS4)
Slipper Socks

Grandma:
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
$100 Amazon

Aunts:
$30 Best Buy Gift Card
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (PS4)
Long Sleeve T-Shirt

Cousins:
$20 Best Buy Gift Card
$25 eBay Gift Card
$10 Target Gift Card
Cheetos Crunchy Grab Bag

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Gamer83

Received a $25 Xbox Live giftcard which I used to get Ghost Recon Wildlands. Been meaning to buy it for a while, just never got around to doing so.

Gamer83

andreoni79

I'm gonna share my painfull list here to warn all the young gamers: this is what could happen to you once grown up...

Parents: slippers and pajamas, both made of warm and colourful pile...

Sister: a tea set (never tested yet since the box supposed to contain the filter was empty)...

That's all. Since I bought me Resi 7 gold edition I'll soon post a video where I'm playing it drinking tea while comfortably wearing a pile pajamas and pile slippers!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Tasuki

@ToddlerNaruto I probably did get your messages, I am horrible at responding to them honestly, especially if they pop up while I am in the middle of a game. I will check later.

As for Dragon Quest II when you say original you mean with the 8 bit sprites and everything like the Disney Afternoon Collection?

My Backlog

KidRyan

Tasuki wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto I probably did get your messages, I am horrible at responding to them honestly, especially if they pop up while I am in the middle of a game. I will check later.

As for Dragon Quest II when you say original you mean with the 8 bit sprites and everything like the Disney Afternoon Collection?

I meant the original PS4 release of Dragon Quest Heroes II, sorry about that.

Okay thanks, no worries.

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Octane

@andreoni79 Hah! Same here. Anything gaming-related I get during the Holidays is what I buy myself.

Octane

FullbringIchigo

a 3 month XBL Gold card from my brother and Star Wars Battlefront 2 off my parents

that's it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Gremio108

I got Uncharted 4, Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Wasteland 2.

I'm pretty easy to buy for at Christmas because I always ask for older games that I've not got around to. I didn't ask for Uncharted though, I think my wife was just annoyed with me for not having played it yet...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

andreoni79

@kyleforrester87 You lucky 8@$[@®¶... I was tempted to buy a Switch but all my extra money will disappear soon because of taxes and car insurance. I just bought me Rogue Galaxy for € 3,99 as a cheap Zelda substitute since graphics are in cel shading and the main character holds a sword...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Rudy_Manchego

Well so far it is looking like my haul is:

Mario 3D for 3Ds
The Witcher 3 GOTY
Doom for Switch
Possibly Dark Souls 3.

Got lots of films and books as well but games are expensive. Might treat myself to a big purchase in the sales. Was thinking of an XB1s but sales aren't as good as black Friday.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

mookysam

Games wise I got Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Okami HD and some PSN credit. I also got Super Mario Odyssey ready for when I get a Switch - which I'm going to treat myself to later this week.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.