Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,739

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 ahh ‘jolly co-op’… there’s nothing quite like it. Probably 75% of my PSN friends list are people I helped take down From Soft bosses.

Glad you’re enjoying it so much… though I would suggest maybe playing a different genre between Demons Souls and Elden Ring. Just so you go in totally fresh and re-motivated. I do get it though… pretty much all of 2017 I played nothing but souls-likes 🤣

**** DLC!

Uncharted2007

I picked up Guardians of the Galaxy for PS5 a few days ago. Gamestop had an early Black Friday deal going and I got it for $30.

Uncharted2007

nessisonett

@Iver I know what you mean actually, I feel a bit guilty about not buying Like A Dragon closer to launch but I haven’t caught up with 4, 5 and 6 yet. So when I do get it then it’ll be pretty cheap.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

Lost Judgement, found it for £27.99 on Amazon.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Finally pulled the trigger on Returnal… it’s really held it’s price, so seeing it for £39.99 was ‘just’ enough for me to feel I’d got a decent-ish deal (it’ll probably end up going down to £20 now that I’ve finally bought it though).

I think it’s even above Elden Ring in being the game that I’m looking forward to playing most in 2022.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Looking forward to hearing your opinions of it when you get around to playing Returnal. That’s still a bargain price.

render

FullMetalWesker

Picked up a copy of Deathloop today, as it was on sale, and I've been hearing good things about it (plus recent patches seemed to have mitigated some of the problems I had heard of); be interesting to see how it turns out.

FullMetalWesker

colonelkilgore

@render yeah, I’ll be sure to tag you when I start it. Think I have it pencilled in for around June. Do you think I should play a ‘gateway’ rogue-like prior to Returnal or just go straight in?

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore I don’t know if playing another rogue-like will help you transition to Returnal more easily as they are all so different in terms of what gets carried over etc. My first exposure to a rogue-like was Deadcells which I actually didn’t enjoy as much as I was hoping. If anything that might have put me off playing another rogue-like for a while as it felt really difficult and frustrating to make any progress.

Because Returnal has such a strong story element to it and it being a third person action game I felt that I was more drawn to play it as it was just more fun. It’s the whole experience that you get when you are playing it that makes it so special.

A few people have commented that it’s not a great rogue like which I can understand a little. I’ve since played Hades and Risk of Rain 2 so have a bit more to draw from. Hades definitely has more carry over from one run to another and presents you with more story arcs to explore as well as having some modifiers to keep gameplay interesting after you’ve finished.

Returnal has definitely acted as a gateway to other rogue-likes though so it’s a good one to start with.

render

colonelkilgore

@render okay cool, I’ve picked up a load of them lately (including Hades, Risk of Rain 2 and Dead Cells) but going off of what you just said… I thing Returnal may well be the best option for my first rogue-like/lite.

**** DLC!

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore Fancy BL2 on Wednesday night CK? Start about 9:30pm and we will run it for 3 hours?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

R1spam

@colonelkilgore like you I've pulled the trigger on returnal. Couldn't resist the smyths price of 40 quid and the patched save function so I could leave a run to play another game!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

colonelkilgore

@R1spam well deffo let me know your thoughts as it’s gonna be a fair few months until I get to start it. I hear biome 3 is bit of a shocking difficulty spike in an already difficult game. I’ll be particularly interested to hear your thoughts on that part.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy I’ll message you here too, as I’m not sure which method you’d see first. Apparently a large gap in players levels can really screw up a BL2 co op session, so wondering what level your character is right now? I’ll aim to be roughly the same.

**** DLC!

R1spam

@colonelkilgore will do, bullet hell games have been a bit of a blind spot for me but I suppose nier automata had elements of that and combined with how much I enjoyed hades, I'm just interested to see how this game meshes those things together. I'm a bit worried about the difficulty but planning to give it a bash over the Christmas period.

XBOX: Placebo G

colonelkilgore

@R1spam well good luck dude, I ain’t gonna lie... I’ll be taking it easy over Chrimbo with Miles Morales.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore 13 or 14 I think.

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore @R1spam weird one with Returnal. The biomes don't necessarily become harder - if you can beat the levels on your second or third run it's a lot easier. As you start unlocking baddies and parasites they show up more often and the runs become harder. Going everywhere - trying to unlock everything, is actually a bad idea. Ive got to Biome 4 on my Alt account on the second run. On my main save I've unlocked most of the glyphs and other things in the inventory and it's absolutely nails - still fun - but nails for a 40 year old with the reflexes of a sloth after a stroke. So my advice to anyone would be to run like the wind and avoid any side paths other than crates and what not.

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy ok cool. I’m around 15 I think, so I’ll leave it there now until tomorrow’s co-op sesh 👍

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic